3 At the Beach - atb03
from £70 /night help
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Set in the peaceful village of Torcross, At the Beach offers a relaxing holiday destination while still having plenty in the local area to keep you entertained.
Apartment 3, named Waters Edge, is a stunning ground floor apartment literally right at the edge of the sea. It opens out directly on to a private beach side terrace where you can dine alfresco and enjoy panoramic 180 degree views across Start Bay. The apartment benefits from allocated parking for one car.
The apartments are situated in the middle of 3 miles of single beach where you will also find a cosy pub and cafes. Slapton Ley freshwater Nature Reserve is also close by and is perfect for spotting wildlife and birdwatching. For more information on the programme of guided walks visit www.slnnr.org.uk
Torcross was made famous as the training ground for US Army forces preparing for the D-Day invasion in World War II. An American Sherman tank which was lost at sea in 1944 and recovered in 1984, and memorials, stand beside the visitor parking lot as a reminder of the lives that were lost.
Dartmouth and Salcombe are a short drive away, with both offering a choice of fine restaurants, cafes, bars, unique shops and attractions.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Slapton Sands 2.2 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International 71.2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
- Professional interior designers have created a charming living space reflecting light and sea.
- Furnished with a three seater sofa and leather arm chair, plasma TV with Freeview and DVD player.
- Patio doors open out on to sunny spacious terrace with patio table and chairs for relaxing outside next to the beach.
- Travel cots, high chairs and stair gates are available on request.
- Open plan dining area with a glass topped table and four leather chairs.
- Modern range of units with built-in oven, hob and cooker hood, fridge, dishwasher and washing machine. Microwave and coffee maker.
- Fully equipped kitchen with quality utensils and crockery.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Furnished with a king-size double bed with bedside tables, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Wall mounted TV.
- En-suite shower room with w.c. and wash basin.
- Opens out through patio doors to sunny beach side terrace.
- Furnished with twin beds, a bedside table and wardrobe.
- Bathroom beautifully finished to high standard comprises a bath with shower over, w.c., wash basin and heated towel rail.
- En-suite top bedroom one comprises a shower, w.c. and wash basin.
|Further details outdoors|
- Breathtaking views across Start Bay and Slapton Sands.
- Private terrace accessed from the living area and bedroom two.
- Square glass-topped table with 4 chairs.
- One allocated car space in car park.
- Secure entry system.
- 3 steps to apartment entrance.
The Devon region
The warm climate and award-winning beaches enjoyed by South Devon have kept it a fashionable holiday resort for many generations. Torquay, Paignton and Brixham make up Torbay, one of the most popular areas for holidays in South Devon, and the area also includes the coastal towns of Dawlish, Teignmouth and Starcross. South Devon holiday cottages position their guests in some of the country’s prettiest locations for a break with a continental feel.
South Devon hosts dozens of festivals and regattas throughout the whole year
One of the world’s oldest shipwrecks was found off South Devon’s coast
Pete Goss built his Team Phillips catamaran in Totnes
From Totnes and Ivybridge to Dartmouth and Salcombe, The South Hams sits between the moors and the sea providing you with the best of South Devon’s rolling countryside and 60 miles of dramatic and ever-changing coastline.
There are six historic towns that collectively form The South Hams each with their own individual charm and unique characteristics; Dartmouth, Salcombe, Ivybridge, Totnes, Kingsbridge and Modbury. Meander along the pretty narrow streets and historic harbours and you will find a welcoming selection of gift shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants and bars.
Head towards the coast and you will be greeted with an amazing selection of golden beaches and hidden coves. For the adventurous among us, water sports are available at many of the larger beaches while the smaller coves offer a peaceful retreat and are perfect for relaxing with a good book and a picnic.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
18 Mar 2014
My family really enjoyed 3 night break to celebrate my 50th birthday, we couldnt have wishedfor better weather which made it so perfect! The accomodation, was very stylish. We loved the jacuzzi bath, … More
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 7155 properties
- 44 properties
- Blackdown Hills
- 26 properties
- Whitsand Bay
- 16 properties