Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
A Luxury Duplex Appartment situated inside a gated & manned guarded residents-only resort at the seafront of the prestiguous CABO NEGRO GOLF BEACH, TAMUDA BAY, Tetouan, MOROCCO with Direct access from Europe, UK, Malaga & Gibratar, Casablanca, Agadir and Marrakech via: AIR to Tetouan Saniat Remel Airport, Tangiers Boukhalef airport or Ceuta, MOTORWAY by car, coach & Taxi, SEA from Alegeciras, Tarifa and Gibraltar via a ferry to Tanger Med or Ceuta stacion maritima. 180 degrees panoramic view from bedroom, balcony and private roof terrace of not only the coastal Mediterranean sea and the lighthouse in the mountain, but also the starit of Gibraltar, Algeciras, and Ceuta.
1 Bdr with 2 beds + waredrobe, 1 masterbedroom with kingsize bed, dressings, wardrobe, private lounge + glass walls overlooing the sea. 2 ensuite family bathrooms / WC + enclosed hot showers. 1st Lounge with a cheminey + sofas/beds + balcony. 2nd lounge with leather sofa + 2 Dinning Areas. Flatscreen TV, DVD, HIFI, Home Cinema, Satelite Channels, WiFi and Telephone in both floors. A fitted Kitchen with fridge/freezer, washing/dryer machine, hobs and extractor, microwave, pans & pots and silvereware. Private residents only fine sand beach & a Marina with mooring and fishing facilities. Manned security service, 24/7 residence management office, and allocated carpark for 3 cars. Restaurants, Shops, beach bar, cafes + a recreation / sitting seafront terrace within the resort. Activities like Horse Riding, Golfing, Fishing & diving, sailing, surfing, skiing and jetskiing, outdoor walks or biking to the CABO mountain, Visiting the historic Medina of Tetouan, Chefchaouen, Tangiers or the spanish protectorate Ceuta.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Martil, M'diq, Fnideq, Ceuta, Tamuda Bay, Ma 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: 1/ Tetouan Saniat Remel Airport , 2/ Tangiers Bouk 15 km, Nearest railway: Tetouan, Avenida Via la Garre De Tanger 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Private indoor pool, Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Boat available, Sea view|
|Pool||Private indoor pool, Children's pool|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Fax machine, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 2 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||3 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private indoor pool, Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
The Tangier/Rif Mountains region
Cabo Negro, also known as Golf Beach Cabo Negro or Cabo Negro Beach and Golf Resort is a beach resort in northern Morocco, to the north of Tetouan, southeast of M'Diq, just north of Martil is described by Baedeker as "the most modern and exclusive of the three towns in the Tetouan area", with two large beaches of fine-grained sand. Along with restaurants, hotels and holiday houses, there are also nightclubs, tennis courts, horse-riding facilities and a 9-hole golf course. The Royal Golf Club of Cabo Negro is considered to be the premier golf resort in Morocco. The club originally had 9 holes, designed in 1978 by M. Cabell and B. Robinson, but has since been expanded into a full golf cours. Cabo Negro is situated 12 Km from Tetouan, about 60 km (36 miles) east of the city of Tangier and 30 km (18 miles) south of the Spanish exclave of Ceuta (Sebta) and the Strait of Gibraltar.
Tetouan ( also known as the white Dove, Medina) is situated in the middle of a belt of orchards that contain orange, almond, pomegranate and cypress trees. The Rif Mountains are nearby, as the city is located in the Martil Valley. It is picturesquely situated on the northern slope of a fertile valley down which flows the Martil river. The streets are fairly wide and straight, and many of the houses belonging to families, descendants of those expelled from Al-Andalus by the Spanish Reconquista, possess marble fountains and have groves planted with orange trees. Within the houses the ceilings are often exquisitely carved and painted in hispano-moresque designs, such as are found in the Alhambra of Granada, and the tile-work for which Tetuan is known may be seen on floors, pillars and dados. The royal palace in Tétouan is situated just outside and by one of the entrances to the medina and there is a public square in front of it, Kasbah and Mosques. The traditional industries are tilework, inlaying with silver wire, and the manufacture of thick-soled yellow slippers, much-esteemed flintlocks, and artistic towels used as cape and skirt by Arabic girls in rural areas.
A few miles outside of the city limits lies the ancient town of Tamuda. Artifacts from both the Roman and the Phoenician era have been found in the site of Tamuda. The Jews lived in a mellah, separated from the rest of the town by gates which were closed at night.
The harbour of Tetuan was obstructed by a bar, over which only small vessels can pass, and the roadstead, sheltered to the north, northwest and south, is exposed to the east, and is at times unsafe in consequence of the strong Levanter.
In the late 13th century, small fortifications existed here with the name Tittawin. Its name is first mentioned in 9th century Arabic chronicles, after the death of Idris II. In 1286 the Marinids built a casbah and mosque there. The first large scale building project took place in 1305 when the sttlement was expanded by the Marinid king Abu Thabit. He fortified the place and had it serve as a base for attacks on Ceuta, which had recently come under the rule of a rebellious member of the Marinid family. The official name of the Marinid city was 'Afrag' ('(royal) tent' in Berber). Unofficial documents kept referring to it as Tetouan. Around 1400 it was destroyed by the Castilians, because pirates used it for their attacks. By the end of the 15th century it was rebuilt by refugees from the Reconquista (reconquest of Spain, completed by the fall of Granada in 1492), when the Andalusian Moors first reared the walls and then filled the enclosure with houses. These Andalusians came into conflict with the Beni Hozmar tribe, after which they asked the Wattasid sultan for protection. In response, he sent 80 soldiers (according to one chronicle, 40 natives of Fes and 40 Riffians). In turn, the Andalusians paid a large amount of mithqal, thus insuring their autonomy. Instantly, the Andalusians, assisted by tribes from the surrounding mountains, started harassing the Spanish possessions on the Moroccan coast. These attacks led to the destruction of the city's harbor by the Spanish in 1565. During this time city was governed by the Andalusian Abu Hassan al-Mandari and the city remained autonomous from the Saadi sultans, with the Saadis constantly trying to assert their power. In the 17th century the city was governed by the wealthy al-Naksis family.
In the late 17th century the city was taken by the Alaouite sultan Moulay Ismail, who encountered fierce resistance there. Tetouan remained fragile, until it was taken by Ahmad al-Riffi, the Alaouite governor of Tangiers and leader of the Berber Riffian tribes that had conquered Tangiers from the British. This al-Riffi ushered in a period of stability in Tetouan, building many of Tetouan's landmarks (for instance the Meshwar palace and the Basha mosque, the oldest still standing mosque in Tetouan). After his death, the city again rebelled and only nominally controlled by the central government. It had a reputation for piracy at various times in its history, and in 1829, the Austrians punitively bombarded the city due to Moroccan piracy. It was taken on 4 February 1860 by the Spaniards under Leopoldo O'Donnell, (a descendant of an old Irish royal family, O'Donnell of Tyrconnell, who was made hereditary Duke of Tetuan, and later Prime Minister of Spain). The Battle of Tetuan, part of Leopoldo O'Donnell's Moroccan campaigns on behalf of Spain's Queen Isabella II in the early 1860s, but evacuated on 2 May 1862. In 1913 it became the capital of the Spanish protectorate of Morocco, which was governed by the Jalifa (Moroccan prince, serving as Viceroy for the Sultan), and the Spanish "Alto Comisario" accredited to him, and it remained its capital until 1956. Many people in the city still speak Spanish. On road signs often names are written both in Spanish and in Arabic, though many signs are in Arabic and French, the second language of modern Morocco.
Tétouan has also been home to an important Sephardi Jewish community, which immigrated from Spain after the Reconquista and the Spanish Inquisition. This Jewish Sephardi community spoke a form of Judaeo-Spanish known as Haketia. Some of them emigrated later to Oran (in Algeria), to South America and much later to Israel, Spain, France and Canada. Following the Arab expulsions of Jews after 1948, there are very few Jews left in Tétouan nowadays.
The medina (old town) of Tétouan is on the World Heritage List of the UNESCO. The inner city is very characteristic and traditional. One can find many white houses there, especially low houses. Everywhere in the city there are people performing their craftsmanship, like weavers, jewellers, leather workers. Street sellers often try to sell carpets to tourists as well.