About the home
Chapel Cottage is a two bedroom property situated in the village of Stogumber, between the Quantock Hills, Exmoor and the sea.
Internally, the cottage offers character features such as a wood burning stove in the living area. Externally, to the front of the property there is a courtyard style garden and a parking space is provided for guests.
The village of Stogumber has a rural setting within Somerset. The village itself has a focal point of the square, home to a pub, shop and the church of St Mary's.
For a selection of shops, restaurants and pubs head to Taunton, approximately fourteen miles away. The town is proud of its gardens to explore and the 12th century castle which is steeped in history.
As well as the rolling Somerset countryside on your doorstep, the coast is also within easy reach. The beaches of Minehead and Watchet are all within a thirty minute drive.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|General:||TV, CD player|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 5|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
Further details indoors:
- Situated on the ground floor.
- Furnished with two arm chairs, a two seater sofa, woodburner fireplace, side table, coffee table.
- Features a Toshiba flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player.
- Dining area complete with pine table and seating for five.
- Situated on the ground floor.
- Features an electric oven, hob, fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer and a pine Welsh dresser.
- Fully equipped with a range of appliances and utensils including a microwave, kettle, toaster and CD player with radio.
- Windows to the front overlooking the courtyard garden.
- Furnished with a double bed, pine double wardrobe, chest of drawers, two bedside tables with lamps and a window seat.
- Double aspect with country views windows to the front and side of the property.
- Furnished with twin beds, fitted double wardrobes with chest of drawers, two bedside cabinets with lamps and a window seat with views of the countryside.
- Situated on the first floor.
- Features a wc, wash basin, corner bath with electric shower over, mirror and a heated towel rail.
- Currently undergoing refurbishment. To be completed 1st April 2012.
Further details outdoors:
- The property has one flight of thirteen internal stairs.
- Country views from the property.
- Courtyard garden to the front of the cottage.
- Parking space provided for one car.
- Situated in the village of Stogumber which has a pub, shop and a church.
- Within fifteen minutes of the beach at Watchet and thirty minutes of Minehead.
- Fourteen miles from the town of Taunton.
Please note: The bathroom is currently in the process of being refurbished with a completion date of 1st April 2012.
The West Country / Somerset region
Whether your idea of the perfect holiday is a stay in rambling countryside, a bustling coastal resort or a picture postcard cottage in a quaint town, you will find it in Somerset. Blue Chip’s Somerset holiday cottages enable guests to choose between coast, land and country - or one of many Somerset holidays that blankets all three.
The village of Cheddar gave the world Cheddar cheese, and still produces it today
West Somerset is home to the longest preserved steam railway in England
The word Somerset translates to ‘land of the summer people’
The Taunton area
Taunton is Somerset’s County town, rich in history and home to both Somerset County Cricket Club and Taunton Race course. As well as a fabulous range of shops and places to eat and drink, the town is rich in culture and a centre for the arts.
The town is also a great location from which to explore the region, its history and legends. This is the land of King Alfred, King Arthur, and Lorna Doone’s Exmoor. There are the majestic gardens of Hestercombe and Stourhead to explore, and there are a range of superb National Trust properties and treasures to visit in the local area.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Contact the advertiser for further details on the best way to reach this property.
Activities near Taunton
Rural / countryside retreats
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|1 Sep 12||29 Sep 12||£ 389||-||-||3 Nights|
|29 Sep 12||27 Oct 12||£ 349||-||-||3 Nights|
|27 Oct 12||3 Nov 12||£ 409||-||-||3 Nights|
|3 Nov 12||22 Dec 12||£ 289||-||-||3 Nights|
|22 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 529||-||-||3 Nights|
|5 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||£ 279||-||-||3 Nights|
|16 Feb 13||23 Feb 13||£ 319||-||-||3 Nights|
|23 Feb 13||23 Mar 13||£ 289||-||-||3 Nights|
|23 Mar 13||13 Apr 13||£ 449||-||-||3 Nights|
|13 Apr 13||25 May 13||£ 379||-||-||3 Nights|
|25 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 609||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 479||-||-||3 Nights|
|29 Jun 13||20 Jul 13||£ 539||-||-||3 Nights|
|20 Jul 13||27 Jul 13||£ 699||-||-||1 Week|
|27 Jul 13||31 Aug 13||£ 749||-||-||1 Week|
|31 Aug 13||14 Sep 13||£ 429||-||-||3 Nights|
|14 Sep 13||28 Sep 13||£ 409||-||-||3 Nights|
|28 Sep 13||19 Oct 13||£ 369||-||-||3 Nights|
|19 Oct 13||26 Oct 13||£ 379||-||-||3 Nights|
|26 Oct 13||2 Nov 13||£ 429||-||-||3 Nights|
|2 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 289||-||-||3 Nights|
|21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 549||-||-||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
All prices are in £ per week. Short breaks (minimum of three nights) are available outside of July and August, prices on application. All prices include towels (unless otherwise stated on the web), bed linen, gas and electricity. Each booking also incurs a non-refundable booking fee of £35 (which is included in the prices above). Properties in Dartmouth and Kingswear incur a 10% premium for stays over Dartmouth Regatta week. Properties in Fowey incur a 10% premium for stays over Fowey Regatta and Carnival week. Properties in Bude incur a 10% premium for stays over the Bude Jazz Festival. In the run up to and including the Olympic period,the prices of properties in close proixmity to the sailing area will vary from those listed above,please refer to the website to obtain prices for this period.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
Blue Chip Holidays
Blue Chip Holidays (property manager)
The property manager has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This cottage has so far received no reviews.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
5 Kiniver Court - 18 in Teignmouth, England
1 Belvedere Court in Paignton, England
15 Belvedere Court - 68 in Paignton, England
28 Century Quay - 170 in Plymouth, England
Holiday homes in England (21,116)