Apartment Familie Mills
About the home
This third storey apartment is light and airy, features a double bedroom with access to the balcony with idyllic views.
The lounge is modern and leads to the balcony that easily accommodates six and has beautiful uninterrupted views of mountains, including direct access to many local walks, hikes and cycling routes and plenty of wildlife right on your doorstep.
In the winter the apartment is very cosy and warm and is just the place to come home to after a day in the snow or out at the Christmas markets.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||St Wolfgangsee, 6km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 100m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for over 5s only|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Bicycles available|
Further details indoors:
• Apartment is complete with a washing machine, clothes airer, iron and ironing board.
• Upon arrival the kitchen will already have essentials, washing liquid, dishwasher tablets, cloth and sponge.
• We also have a range of family games and DVDs for guests to use.
• ipod docking station also available.
There is also a twin room and a further double sofa bed in the lounge. The kitchen is fully equipped to cater for everyone’s needs including full sized oven and hob. The bathroom has all the hot water needed for a group of six.
There is plenty of storage including somewhere for your walking gear. We also have a large information board that includes walking, cycling routes.
Further details outdoors:
• On site parking space and garage, so no scraping ice or clearing snow in the winter months!
• 100mts to the local supermarket. Open from 6.30 till 18.30hrs Monday to Friday and until 17.00hrs Saturday.
• 100mts to the local bus stop, taking you to Salzburg, St Wolfgangsee and Bad Ischl, to name but a few.
• The balcony is a good size and offers a beautiful place to sit, relax, enjoy the view and watch the wildlife.
• Within walking distance from the apartment are a couple of good local places to eat, alternatively you could drive into Strobl, only 5 mins away or Bad Ischl town approximately 6 miles away.
• The apartment is situated close to a local lake and is a perfect place to have a swim, picnic or a peaceful evening stroll.
• Our caretakers will be available should you require any assistance whilst staying in the apartment.
• We can also help with booking bike hire that is delivered to the door and outdoor activities e.g, canoeing, climbing, etc.
• Refundable Security deposit of £100.00, to be refunded subject to satisfactory property inspection.
• £60 Non refundable deposit due at time of booking.
• Strictly no smoking.
• With regret we are unable to except children under 5 years old.
The Upper Austria/Salzkammergut region
Set in the heart of the beautiful lake district of Austria. If you love the outdoors, fresh air and enjoy exploring, this is the place for you! Set amidst stunning views, crystal clear lakes, fresh clear alpine air and the sounds of woodpeckers,cuckoos and cow bells, peaceful and tranquil. This is a good all round destination with good summer weather and snowy crisp winters, close to many interesting areas.
Salzburg: Famous for Mozart, The Sound of Music, Art & Music Festivals and the Baroque
Hallstatt: World Heritage Site and one of the most photographed lakes in Austria.
St Wolfgangsee: Minutes away and surround by mountains with water taxis to shoreline traditional Austrian villages, holding regular events on the lake, like Red Bull Cliff diving, Scalaria Air Challenge and musical events throughout the summer.
Bad Ischl Royal Spa Town: Famous for opera, Café Konditorei Zauner and a newly completed spa offer many beauty treatments and a relaxing spa area.
Locally there are low key, uncrowded family, beginners and intermediate ski areas.
Listed below are within easy driving distance:
* Post Alm - The Postalm arena has something for everyone! Whether you’re a skier, snowboarder or cross-country enthusiast. The new winter fun park entertains even the smallest of non-skiers, giving parents a well-deserved break.
* West Dachstein: Not only features a splendid panorama, but also a wide range of runs for the whole family, for novices, intermediates and experts.
* For the adventurous skier or mad mountain biker! and only 19 miles drive there is the
Krippenstein: From the high-up rocky ridges down to the forests, the varied outdoor terrain offers ideal conditions including a vertical drop of 1.500 m. This terrain excites all international freeriders and thrill-seekers looking for freedom beyond all limits.
The Strobl / Ramsau area
The area is typically Austrian with many pretty houses, farms, lakes and mountains. Everyone is very friendly and many dress in the traditional costumes. There is plenty for everyone. In the summer, you can swim in the lakes, sail and enjoy other water sports or take a water taxi or steam boat to the other villages.
Mountain bikes can be rented and dropped to your door on the first day of your stay so you can explore the beautiful countryside.
Nordic walking and hiking are also popular in the area, with a cable car and rack railway to start you on your way up the mountains or you could always go on a climbing course or why not paraglide back down the mountain.
There are also fun things for all the family, toboggan runs, salt mines, a lovely zoo and many other attractions including banana boat rides and boat hire.Full info is provided in the apartment and local maps. In winter, skis, ski clothing, toboggans, show shoes etc can be hired. You can also go on organised taster days for Curling, show shoe walking and cross country skiing. The city of Salzburg is just 40 minutes drive away, where you can take a horse and carriage ride around the old city, visit the Fortress, the Mirabell Gardens, and the Palace. From December you have Christmas markets through out the local area.
Not forgetting the horse and sleigh rides in the snow, for a little treat.
For that very special occasion why not arrange a hot air balloon flight?
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
• Flights are easy to find to Salzburg, you can fly most days from Gatwick and Stansted. Please also check your local airports too, Flybe also fly direct from Southampton. Munich airport is also only a 2hr drive away.
• The apartment is approx 35miles from Salzburg. We have found www.auto-europe.co.uk offer good prices for car hire.
• If you love walking or cycling then a car won't be necessary as you can catch a bus to within 100mts from the apartment.
• Private transfers can be arranged for the whole party at an extra cost, please contact us for further details.
• If you fancy driving from the UK, the route is pretty straight forward and takes about 14hs from Dover.
Activities near Strobl
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
21 Nov 2011
Had a lovely stay,
Apartment really comfortable and great view from the balcony.
Located in the heart of the lake district area and so many places to visit,
We'll be back!!
19 Sep 2011
We arrived in Austria having never been there before, the Airport was small and easy to find the Car hire desks. Driving to the apartment was made easy with the directions provided by the apartment owners (along with a vast amount of info).
The views on route were stunning!!
On arrival at the apartment we felt at home and relaxed immediately.
Everything we needed was accomodated for from kitchen utensils (bottle opener/cork screw) to board games and DVD's.
The view from the balcony is amazing!
We couldn't fit everything in so will definately be returning in the not too distant future.
06 Jul 2011
This apartment is in an excellent location for anyone wanting to explore the Salzkammergut region. We were pleasantly surprised by how spacious the apartment was, the living area was much bigger than the impression given by the photos. The view from the balcony was wonderful, and the apartment very comfortable and well stocked with useful bits and bobs. Even an umbrella was provided should you need to pop out to the local shop in the rain! The information on the local area provided was truly excellent. All sorts of folders for whatever you might be interested in for summer and winter. We stayed 2 weeks and didn't have time for everything. We would have no hesitation recommending this apartment, and we hope to go back ourselves.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|15 Dec 12||5 May 13||£ 360||-||-||1 Week|
|5 May 13||13 Jul 13||£ 350||£ 80||£ 80||3 Nights|
|13 Jul 13||8 Sep 13||£ 420||-||-||1 Week|
|8 Sep 13||3 Nov 13||£ 380||£ 80||£ 80||3 Nights|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
• Refundable £100 security deposit required with final balance payment.
• We accept payments by bank transfer in GBP.
• Euro transactions can be paid into our Austrian bank account.
• For bookings of 2 people please contact owner as special rates may apply.
• Late booking in high season may be flexible, please contact owners.
• End of stay clean & bed linen, £55 per each week, regardless of group size and duration of stay. Please note towels are not included within the price, please contact us should you wish towels to be supplied, at extra cost.
• Price includes electricity and heating.
• Mandatory Local Tourist Tax will be charged at approx €1.70 (Euros) per person per day for all over 18yrs.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This apartment has received 3 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in Austria (397)