Manor House | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Gothersley Hall is a breath-taking 4 bedroomed Manor House which occupies a wonderful elevated position standing half a mile up a private drive within 6 acres of its own beautiful gardens enjoying spectacular 360 degree vistas of the surrounding countryside. The twitter of birds, the wind in the trees and horses in the fields beyond are all that can be heard in this beautiful oasis.
The property accommodates 8 guests, however due to it's majestic proportions can easily accommodate more. Please let us know your requirements.
Gothersley Hall is centrally located and is ideal for exploring the beauty of country life or just simply relaxing. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty, completely surrounded by paddocks, bridleways and woodland, it is not uncommon to see deer roaming within the grounds along with a host of other wildlife. The Hall is perfect for romantic getaways, holidaying with family and friends, special occasions, stag and hen party's, outwood bounders, corporate business users, golfers, fishing holidays or simply just to gain complete privacy from the outside world. The property is steeped in luxury, whether you work up a sweat on the all-weather tennis court, watch a film in the Jacuzzi bath big enough for a family of 4, take a walk in the wet room under a metre long rainshower head before drying off under a body dryer, read a book in the well-stocked library, entertain in the large oak paneled dining room, or simply snuggle up next to one of the many open fires. You may not want to step out of the house or grounds for the entirety of your stay.
The property is the ideal holiday retreat for friends or family wishing to escape to a tranquil setting or for those who wish to celebrate a special occasion. Gothersley Hall is located in outdoor pursuit heaven with hiking, running, horse riding, fishing, mountain biking and road cycling a predominant part of local village life. Stourton, Kinver and the surrounding premier rural areas offer a comprehensive range of facilities for shopping and leisure together with easy access to the West Midlands conurbation, the M5, the M42 and the main motorway network. Birmingham City Centre with its plethora of fine dining restaurants and inordinate amount of shops is just 35 mins away, whilst the Cotswolds, Ludlow, Ross-On Wye, Bewdley, Bridgnorth, Bath, Portmerion and Cardiff are also not far for an enjoyable day out.
The property has had some famous owners in the past, and whilst living at the Hall, Roy Wood from Wizzard wrote the number one hit 'I wish it could be Christmas everyday'.
• Maginificent hexagonal oak panelled entrance hall with large stone fireplace and cloaks cupboard integrated into the
• Large cloakroom with sink and separate door to toilet.
• Elegant drawing room with ornate fireplace, 50” plasma tv, and comfortable seating for 12 people.
• Library with open fireplace and French doors to patio and formal garden.
• Oak panelled back hall with sweeping staircase.
• Oak panelled dining room with open fireplace.
• Large kitchen with breakfast table equipped with Oven, hob, fridge, large smeg freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
• Large 30ft squared hallway
• Huge Master bedroom with Super King size four poster bed and en suite.
• Huge bedroom with King size bed and wash hand basin
• Huge bedroom with King Size Bed
• Family bathroom with 42” Plasma TV, Huge Jacuzzi bath, 1 metre long showerhead for wetroom open shower enclosure,
body dryer, Ipod dock. Speakers in ceiling, alternate mood lighting.
• Large Bedroom with double bed and wash hand basin.
Outside: The property benefits from 6 acres of gardens. The large elevated southerly facing seating terrace overlooks beautifully maintained level lawns surrounded by low stone retaining walls and shrubberies. Undulating lawns continue beyond and offer magnificent views to the Clent Hills and surrounding countryside. The garden is mostly encircled by fascinating woodland walks of leafy pines It has an all-weather tennis court screened by clipped yew hedging, a traditional Yurt (BBQ Hut - seats 15) which can be used when the weather isnt so great for the outdoor BBQ and there is ample parking for many cars.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (4), Cots (4), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 12|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ|
The Heart of England/Peak District
Situated in the heart of the Peak District, Stourton and its surrounding countryside is a pocket of beauty that is one of Englands best kept secrets. Being an area of outstanding natural beauty, tourists come from far and wide to marvel at the glorious vistas whilst enjoying a multitude of outdoor activities. Kinver is the nearest vilage which has kept its old world charm, and there are houses built into the rock face in the middle of the woods that can be visited at Kinver Edge which people only moved out of in the 60's! Stourton is horse country, and there are probably more horses than houses! The area has a plethora of fantastic country pubs and eateries that are well worth a visit after a hard days rambling or a day on one of the many golf couses. Please view www.thelytteltonarms.co.uk for an example of an eaterie just 10 mins away. (The 2 courses at Enville and the course at The Belfry are 2 of the most prestigious in the country).
As Stourton is so central, being stuck with nothing to do is not an option as it is not far from The Cotswolds, Birmingham, Wales and even London is just an hour and half away making this a perfect place to stay for any occassion at any time of year.
There are lots of things to do if you decide to venture outside of Gothersley Hall. We would recommend:
• The Jinney Ring craft centre (30 minutes)
• The Black Country Living Museum (20 minutes)
• Halfpenny Green Vineyard and craft centre (15 mins)
• Glass blowing quarter and museum (10 mins)
• Cadbury World (30 mins)
• Drayton Manor theme Park (45 mins)
• The Enville Estate (5 mins)
• Go Ape tree top adventure (20 mins)
• The crooked house (15 mins)
• Border Quad Bike Trekking and paintballing (60 mins)
• Shakespeares place of birth – Stratford upon Avon (45 mins)
• Ironbridge Gorge and 10 museums (35 mins)
• West Midland Safari Park (15 mins)
• Warwick Castle (45 mins)
• Think Tank (35 mins)
• Dudley tunnels and caverns canal trust trips (20 mins)
• Canoe and Kayak hire – Beautiful countryside: Ross on Wye to Symmonds Yat – 60 mins
• Birmingham: The Rep theatre, the Hippodrome, the glee comedy club, Symphony Hall, The Jewellery Quarter, The sea life
centre, The chrismas market, The Mailbox, The Cube, Arcadian Centre, Numerous nightclubs and bars. (35 mins).