The Sun Deck
from £86 /night help
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
The Sun Deck is the brand new upper extension of this lovely Tallkrogen house. Originally it was a house in two levels, however, we have divided it into two separate levels to attend the guest's demand – the upper – The Sun Deck - and the lower – The Captain's Cabin. The Sun Deck derives its name from the Stockholm's sunny days during spring and summer, white walls, the fresh wooden floors, white tubing, neat and functional kitchen – all reminiscent of a real Deck on a cross-Atlantic cruiser from the late 19th century...
When renting the The Sun Deck – upper level - you will find:
Two rooms, one with a comfortable bedsofa 160x200cm for the “Captain and his wife” and another one, in the living room, with two white leather bedsofas with mattresses that fold up to 140x200cm each for up to four ”crew members”. Extra beds can be added, if the “crew” is more than 6 persons, which is the standard bedding, so that up to eight persons can sleep in the two rooms.
There is a fully equipped kitchen where the “Captain's chef” can cook delicious meals for all “crew”.
There is a bath room with a bath, shower, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is a small toilet there too. So, everyone can easily wash and take care of personal hygiene.
There is a Steinway piano in the living room - it is awesome - where the “Captain and his crew” can enjoy some music, as long as someone plays the piano. Please, don't bang it with your fists and never ever put liquids on it, like coffée or others!
In “the Island” – the backyard - there is an apple tree and some other fruit trees. There is also a barbecue, a wooden sofa and some chairs so that the “Captain and his crew” can sit here, relax and enjoy life, especially during summer and spring – even autumn if the weather so allows.
The house is located at a 4-5 minute walk from the Metro station Tallkrogen on the green line. It will take you to the city in 15 mins. Tallkrogen is located closely to Nynäsvägen, which takes you to Farsta,Nynäshamn, Västerhaninge quickly (15, 60, 30 mins respectively by car), or to Stockholm city by car in about 10 mins (no rush hour!). Tallkrogen is located 5 mins by car from the new Globen Arena shopping, hotel and arena centre by car you can find most things you need here. By metro you change at Gullmarsplan and go to Globen, or you can walk from Gullmarsplan approximately 15 mins. You can park at the entrance gateway of the house for free.
For nature lovers there are lots of minor forests in the neighborhood – on foot walking towards the neighboring communities of Gubbängen and Svedmyra. Tallkrogen itself is also picturesque for evening walks with lots of multi colored beautiful Swedish villas!
For shopping you have Tallkrogen Centre and the metro at a 4-5 five minute walking distance – there you have ICA which is open 9-21.00 every day, a pizzeria, an animal food store and some other minor stores that will satisfy the most essential survival needs – for more advanced purchases, Globen Centre is 10 minutes away on the metro and the city center 15-20 mins, depending on rush hour traffic or not.
INCLUDES: bedlinen, towels, electricity, wi-fi, hot water, hairdryer and all utilities you need in a home.
The minimum stay is 3 nights, but you can always ask us if we have a gap in our booking calendar for 1 or 2 nights.
• You will recycle food in specially brown paper bags, put in a brown plastic trash can near the exit of the house, we also recycle and put the plastic, metal, glass and paper in green bins on the other side of the metro station: Tallkrogen.
• We kindly ask you to always take of the shoes upon entering the apartment and put them on the designed area underneath the coat- and hat shelf.
• No voice and loud music after 10 p.m. and before 9 a.m.
• Lock both locks of the entry door before leaving the apartment and make sure you always have the house keys with you upon exiting, else you will get locked out!
• Don't filter hot water with the water filter, only cold water.
• Dry the floor in the bathroom after each shower and pull out the shower curtain so that it may dry and not get moldy.
• No parties
• No pets
• Smoking “on board” is strictly forbidden, you can do this “on the island” (the bench) in the back yard and save your ashes in an ash tray – Please, not on the ground among the grass and vegetables!
• A security deposit will be charged along with the booking amount and it will be refunded by the website within 10 days after you leave the apartment, if no damage is verified and reported after our inspection.
• After the booking confirmation we will provide you the contact of our apartment assistant, so you can arrange the arrival meeting and key delivery.
• Late check in after 00:00 implies a fee of 200 SEK, payable in cash on arrival directly to our local assistant.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||3 Sofa beds, Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 1|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Stockholm County region
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Central Europe Apartments ..
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:18 Dec 2014
Based in Sweden
- 140 properties
- 125 properties
- 9 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties