45, Rue d'Ile Longue
About the home
• Our house is ideal for families, offering safe and varied activities for young children, teenagers and parents alike. Alternatively friends could share the house for an activity, golf, beach or simple relaxation holiday. Our prime location is secluded and quiet for self-catering and al-fresco dining, and only a few minutes’ walk away is a varied assortment of good restaurants, ice-cream parlours and crêperies. In our opinion nothing beats a glass of chilled local rosé, sitting on our terrace watching the boats meander through the waterways, with the backdrop of the village church.
• The beach is a 5-minute walk, with numerous watersports and activities available. Sailing in the clear blue bay of St Tropez is particularly popular, and boats can be hired nearby.
• Designer-label shopping and clubbing in St Tropez is a short drive or ferry ride away, or if you prefer the local market and small shops in Port Grimaud they are a 2-minute walk across the bridge.
• Walking or cycling in the neighbouring hills is both visually picturesque and rewarding, as they are dotted with ancient villages and excellent local restaurants.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Port Grimaud, 500m|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 300m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, Bicycles available|
Further details indoors:
Our family home is spacious and charming, laid out on three floors. (2 bathrooms not 3 - website error above)
• The ground floor:
• Open-plan, fully-fitted kitchen
• Kitchen leads to a comfy lounge
• lounge opens out to the terrace and canal beyond.
• First floor double room with balcony overlooking the waterway and the church
• Bathroom with bath, integral shower, WC and basin
• Second room with two large twin beds.
• Child gate on the second bedroom.
• Third floor open-plan bedroom with double bed, sofa bed, and two balconies (overlooking the canals at the back, and front garden with distant mountains in the front).
• This room has an en-suite shower and basin, with separate WC.
• All bedrooms have fans and plenty of wardrobe space
Further details outdoors:
Front of the house:
• Small, secluded garden with paved area and outdoor furniture
• Private road with stone bridge and security gate
• Attractive bridged walkway to the main market square
Back of the house:
• Large private terrace with comfortable garden furniture and dining facilities.
• Terracotta-tiled terrace offers attractive views of the Port Grimaud canals, and across to the village church which is lit at night.
• It is possible to drive to the front of the house for pick-up and drop-off
• Parking is located at the entrance of Port Grimaud village (5 min walk)
• Residential parking permits are provided
• All prices are per week and run from Saturday to Saturday
• Arrival time is after 16.00 hours and departure is before 10.00am.
• The weekly charge includes all utilities.
• The weekly charge includes full house cleaning on departure by professional cleaner.
• Linen and towels may be hired for an additional fee of £25 per bed per week, paid with the balance payment.
• Our housekeeper speaks English and French and lives locally. She will supply the bed linen and towels. If you require any further assistance during your holiday she is there to help.
• A deposit (non-refundable) of £250 is required with booking, with the balance of fee being payable six weeks before arrival.
• A deposit (refundable) of £250 is required with balance payment, which will be refunded 2-3 weeks after your holiday, providing no damage has occurred.
• Accidents do happen, and we ask our visitors to let us know of any breakages that may occur, or to replace any item damaged.
The Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / Var region
Back in the 1960s François Spoerry built Port Grimaud, a village on a network of islands interconnected by pretty bridges. The canals open into the Bay of St Tropez, so it is often easier to get around by boat than by car. From a quiet seaside town Port Grimaud has grown into the attractive Venice of the Riviera which appeals to a variety of different visitors. Only 20 minutes away from St Tropez, the darling of the rich and famous and “Playground of Europe”, Port Grimaud offers you a chance to rub shoulders with celebrities, have a relaxing beach holiday away from the crowds, or walk/cycle in the inviting mountainsides in search of some exercise and/or some culture.
You can explore tiny villages in the mountains, typically Provençal with terracotta rooftops and an abundance of local wines. Fine restaurants are many and varied, and the town of Grimaud has an interesting castle with wonderful views of the bay.
From June to September the temperature is usually mid 20s to low 30s, often with a cooling breeze. Water temperatures vary, but usually offer a relaxing respite from the sun. Sunny days with clear blue skies are the norm, and rainfall is very rare in summer.
The St Tropez / Port Grimaud area
There are two excellent golf courses within 15 minutes’ drive of Port Grimaud, and for fun a crazy golf course and a go-karting track.
The waterpark Aqualand is a 30-minute drive, and the fairground is 10 minutes away, offering rides and a Big Wheel. Horse-riding, scuba diving, motor-bike hire, jet-ski hire, hobie-cats, canoes, windsurfers, motor boats and yachts are available.
In July and August Port Grimaud comes alive with concerts, located at the resort area at the far end of the beach. These can be classical, jazz, pop or other types of music, and are free. 14th July (Bastille Day) and 14th August (Liberation Day) are celebrated with fireworks and festivities.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Ryanair flight to Toulon, vehicle transfer 45 minutes (we suggest hiring a car, available from all airports. Bus links are also available in high season)
Easyjet flight to Nice, vehicle transfer 1 hr 30 mins
BA flight to Nice, vehicle transfer 1 hr 30 mins
Ryanair flight to Marseilles, vehicle transfer 2 hours
Train to St Raphael, vehicle transfer 30 mins
Car from Calais, 11 hours approx.
Activities near St Tropez
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Spring||30 Mar 13||1 Jun 13||£ 850||-||-||1 Week|
|Early Summer||1 Jun 13||6 Jul 13||£ 1300||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer||6 Jul 13||7 Sep 13||£ 1800||-||-||1 Week|
|Late Summer||7 Sep 13||5 Oct 13||£ 1300||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
• We ask for a non-refundable deposit of £250 to secure a booking.
• We ask for a refundable damage deposit of £250 when you pay your balance. This will be refunded 2-3 weeks after your holiday, if no damage has occured.
• Linen and towels may be hired for an additional fee of £20 per bed per week, paid with the balance.
• All utilities are included.
• Full cleaning by a professional cleaner is included after guests depart the property.
• Payment by bank transfer is preferred.
• Payment will be requested in Pounds; payments in Euros will also be accepted at our exchange rate.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
For updated availability please check our website: www.portgrimaudholidayhome.co.uk
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
2 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This house has so far received no reviews.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in France (11,175)