La Maison en Pierre
About the home
The farmhouse is set on the edge of the unspoilt conservation village of St Juire Champgillon in the Vendée and has recently undergone a complete renovation. There are now 5 spacious bedrooms, a large lounge with comfortable sofas & woodburning stove, along with a fully equipped kitchen.
Outside you will find our heated 10 x 5m swimming pool, surrounded by sun loungers and a lovely lawned garden. There is plenty of space for the kids to play ball games and for the energetic, there is a vegetable garden to potter around in.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||La Tranche sur Mer, 40km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed Property|
|Pools:||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Childrens pool|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||5 Bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 4 en suites and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (3), Cots (2), Dining seating for 10, Lounge seating for 10|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Climbing frame, Swing set|
Further details indoors:
The fitted kitchen contains a range cooker so is ideal for large families and there is plenty of seating for everyone, both in the dining area and lounge.
The house comes complete with a computer and free secure internet access.
For guests with limited mobility there is a large double bedroom on the ground floor, with access to a shower room and toilet.
There are four further en suite bedrooms on the first floor - two with double beds and two with two single beds each.
Further details outdoors:
Outside the kitchen you will find an enclosed courtyard with a sheltered seating area - ideal for those glasses of wine once the sun goes down.
In the courtyard there is a large gamesroom, complete with PS2 and Gameracer seat, toys, board games DVDs and Videos.
There is also a picnic area set beneath our 3 mature walnut trees and overlooking the swimming pool.
The heated pool is 10m x 5m and is surrounded by an area of decking and sun loungers. The swimming pool is securely fenced off for the security of your children.
The pool overlooks our extensive flat landscaped gardens, where the children can enjoy playing on the swings or climbing frame, or just running around kicking a football.
There is also a large fruit and vegetable garden - where guests can wander or help out!
To start you off on the right foot, we can provide you with a Welcome pack of food for your arrival - just let us know your requirements.
A deposit of 30% is required to secure your reservation, with the remaining 70% paid 8 weeks prior to your stay.
A Security deposit of £100/€130 is also required against any breakages.
We are able to accept payment in either Euros or Sterling, by cheque or direct bank transfer.
The Poitou-Charentes / Vendee / Vendee region
St Juire is set in the beautiful countryside of the Vendée. In the nearby unspoilt village of Bazoges you will find a magnificent medieval donjon (keep) along with its beautifully laid out garden and a very popular restaurant. For those who fancy a stroll, there is a large picturesque lake at St Martin Lars or a lovely walk along the river banks, behind the chateau at Sainte Hermine.
Luçon, with its 16th century cathedral and hidden Jardin Dumaine, is within a 20 minutes easy drive. The renaissance town of Fontenay-Le-Comte offers guided tours around the Chateau de Terre Neuve and a lot more besides.
For a spot of wine-tasting, head of to the nearby town of Mareuil-sur-Lay, where local wines can be sampled. Fishing is a popular sport in the Vendée and there are many lakes and rivers to choose from. If golf is your preferred sport, there a 5 golf courses in the region.
The famous sandy Vendéen beaches are approximately a 45 minute drive away, where a host of water sports are available. The unmissable theme park of Le Puy de Fou is 50 minutes away and the exciting and fun-packed Futuroscope is to be found at Poitiers.
The St Juire Champgillon area
La Maison en Pierre is set in the picturesque village of St Juire where you will find a bar/cafe, a small shop and an excellent restaurant, as well as a hairdresser and the Mairie, where postcards & stamps can be purchased. Fresh bread is delivered to the village 3 times a day, so a local baguette is always available.
The village hosts a small, yet popular local produce market on the 1st Sunday morning of the month and every Sunday morning in July & August. St Juire is known for its free art exhibitions hosted during the summer months. It is surrounded by deserted farm tracks that are perfect for easy and safe cycling and walking.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
La Maison en Pierre and La Vieille Maison are located approximately a 3 hour drive from St Malo, 4.5 hours from Cherbourg or 7 hours from Calais.
Our closest airport is Nantes at only 50 minutes away, with the smaller airport of La Rochelle only 55 minutes away. The budget airlines of Ryan Air, Jet2 and Flybe all use these airports. Car hire is available from both airports.
Activities near St Juire Champgillon
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
23 Aug 2012
Mick and Jan could not have done more to make our stay a truely memorable holiday. The accomodation is fantastic - everything you could possible need was there. The play room is a triumph if you have children. The grounds are fabulous and along with the free access to fresh chicken eggs and produce from the garden we also ate very well too!
This has been one of the most relaxing holidays I have been on - thank you!
27 Jun 2012
Rob, Lisa, Linda, Melvin, Izzy and Evie of Staffordshire - we had an absolutely wonderful week in a beautiful house which had everything we needed and more. Our 4 year old twins loved the playroom, pool and feeding the chickens, while we adults loved the fabulous standard of the house, the peace and quiet and the space. Many thanks to Jan and Mick for your hospitality and making us all feel so much at home. Best wishes with your barn project and we definitely intend to revisit in the future to see the fruits of your labours. Love from us all x
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 10|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low Season||29 Sep 12||22 Dec 12||£ 425||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||22 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 675||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||5 Jan 13||30 Mar 13||£ 425||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||30 Mar 13||4 May 13||£ 675||-||-||1 Week|
|High Season||4 May 13||29 Jun 13||£ 975||-||-||1 Week|
|Peak Season||29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 1600||-||-||1 Week|
|High Season||31 Aug 13||28 Sep 13||£ 975||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||28 Sep 13||21 Dec 13||£ 425||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 675||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
For summer weeks, the changeover day is Saturday - we can be more flexible with holiday start dates outside of this period.
We require a 30% deposit to secure your reservation, with the remaining 70% being paid 8 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday.
A security deposit of £100 is also required against any damage to the property.
We are able to accept payment in sterling or Euros, either by direct bank transfer or cheque.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
maison lairoux (property manager)
The property manager is based in France and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This house has received 2 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Le Vieux Café in Lairoux, France
L'Ecurie in Lairoux, France
La Vieille Maison in St Juire Champgillon, France
Holiday homes in France (11,705)