Lodge | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
A real hideaway, this delightful detached property is ideal for a romantic couple looking for a secluded spot in the Scottish Highlands with plenty of local amenities and activities as well as excellent access to the whole of Scotland by road. Providing very comfortable and well-equipped accommodation, the lodge is located on the outskirts of a picturesque highland village in the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. On the edge of a natural woodland forest, with the Tarken burn running by, it is ideal for those wanting immediate access to lovely country and hill walking.
Amble along the old railway route or take a more demanding walk up the hill to get the most amazing views of this beautiful area which is dotted with lochs and surrounded by hills and glens. Always keep a camera at the ready – from the windows you may well catch sight of an osprey fishing on the loch, wild deer grazing in the woodland or a red squirrel feeding in the garden. Golden eagles have even been reported locally by hill walkers.
Anyone interested in watersports will find many varied activities on the loch and golfers have a huge range of possibilities from the lovely little 9 hole course in the village to the world renowned courses at St Andrews, Gleneagles and Loch Lomond which are all within easy travelling distance, as indeed are the Trossachs, Edinburgh, Perth, Stirling and Glasgow.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh 110 km, Nearest railway: Perth, Stirling or Gleneagles 50 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 3|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
All on ground floor: Living room with fully fitted kitchen area and wood-burning stove. King-size double bedded room. Bathroom with toilet and a shower over the Whirlpool bath.
Heating: Electric underfloor heating throughout and wood-burning stove. All electricity included in rental and a starter pack of peat supplied for the stove. Further fuel (peat) available locally. Double glazed throughout and well insulated.
Linen: Duvet, duvet cover, bed linen, towels and teatowels all included in rental. Hot water bottle.
auto washing machine
constant hot water
colour TV (Freesat)
telephone (calls charged for)
wood burning stove
natural woodland garden area (not fully enclosed)
loch shoreline 300yds
|Further details outdoors|
Quarter of an acre of natural woodland garden (not fully enclosed)
loch shoreline 300yds
Sorry - NO CHILDREN (burn runs nearby)
The Tayside/Perthshire region
World-renowned for their scenic beauty, the Scottish Highlands offer unsurpassed touring, mountains, lochs, glens and much more!
This delightful little Perthshire village offers good eating out, a local shop, cafe and great walking.
St Fillans golf course is Sandy Lyle's favourite small golf course!
St Fillans Golf Course, fishing, Watersports Centre on Loch Earn, the Deil's Cauldron in Comrie, hillwalking on Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin all locally. Gleneagles Golf Course, Stirling Castle, the Wallace Monument, Dunfermline Abbey, the City of Perth with its theatres and festivals, Pitlochry Theatre, Loch Katrine and steamship 'Sir Walter Scott' cruises. Easy access to Edinburgh and Glasgow (one hour's drive).
* local shop, public telephone, pubs, restaurants, St Fillans golf club, trout fishing, boat hire, slipway for dinghies all locally *
* water skiing, water sports centre, doctor, House of Tartan shop, restaurants all within 6mls *
* main shopping, vet, dentist, restaurants, horse riding, tennis, swimming pool, bike hire, car hire, Auchingarrich Wildlife Park, The Ceramic Experience, Christmas Shop, Crieff Crystal Factory, Crieff Visitor Centre, The Famous Grouse Experience all within 12mls *
* pony trekking, Drummond Castle & Gardens, Falls of Dochart, Breadalbane Folklore Centre, Gleneagles Golf Course, falconry, The Scottish Real Ale Shop all within 20mls *
* railway station (BR), Doune Castle, The Crannog Centre, Blair Drummond Safari Park, Loch Katrine & steamship 'Sir Walter Scott' cruises all within 30mls *
* Dunblane Cathedral, Dunblane Museum, Scone Palace, Dewars World of Whisky, Perth Racecourse, Stirling Castle, The Wallace Monument, Loch Lomond, Blair Castle, Kilchurn Castle all within 40mls *
* skiing, Cruachan Visitor Centre & Hydro Electric Scheme, Falkirk Wheel, Dundee Discovery Point, Glencoe and a host of other quality attractions all within 60mls *
* Comrie 6mls * Crieff 12mls * Gleneagles 21mls * Perth 30mls * Stirling 37mls * Loch Lomond 40mls * Glasgow 63mls * Oban 64mls * St Andrews 66mls * Edinburgh 73mls * Fort William 75mls * Inverness 140mls *