Villa | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Holiday villa, with two little gardens, one at the front, with garden table, chairs and barbecue, the other at the back. Downstairs, dining room containing table and chairs, one sofa, two buffets and a TV cupboard, TV, hifi. Equipped kitchen with washing machine. WC separate from bathroom. At the back, small bedroom with folding double bed. Upstairs, large mezzanine containing one king size bed, one single bed, one sofa, coffee table and chest of drawers.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||St Cyprien Beach 800 m|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||400 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perpignan Airport 15 km, Nearest railway: Elne 5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
The house is located in a small residence. Away from main road and car park, it's peaceful and quiet. There is a private parking space and an electrical gate at the entrance of the residence for more security.
Facing east/ouest, the back garden gets the sun in the morning, and the front garden in the evening.
The communal swimming pool is open from 15th June until 15th September from 9 am til 9 pm. It's safe for children as you need a key to access it. It's not too deep.
The house is NON SMOKING.
|Further details outdoors||
- Commercial Centre nearby (300 meters) where you can find a baker, a small supermarket, wine shop, fish shop, vegetable shop, bouchers, restaurant, pizzeria, clothes shops, tobbacco.
- Phone box in the car park.
- Within walking distance of the sea (800 meters - 10 mn walk max. when you take your time). You can take a walk on the marina to see the boats, you can even get a shuttle boat that takes you from the commercial centre to the old port.
To get to the beach, it's quicker to follow the main road. Along it, an earth path surrounded by grass and trees, leads you to the turning bridge and then to the beach. It's fun to see the bridge turn to let the sailing boats go past... except when you're in a rush to take a dive in the sea !
You will find in the house many touristic leaflets at your disposal to make the most of your holiday.
The rental is from Sunday to Sunday. You get the key at 2 PM and must give them back at 10 AM.
The house has must be left in the same state of property you find it. All the necessary ustensils and cleaning products are available to clean the house before leaving. If this is not respected, an extra charge of 50 pounds will be asked for in order to get a professional to do it.
Sheets and towels are available on request and don't need to be washed by yourselves before you leave.
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
Close to the Pyrénées mountains and the Mediterranean coast, this region is an ideal place to enjoy a lovely holiday by the beach, the mountains or the countryside. The climate is generally very hot in the summer and the winters are getting warmer and warmer every year.
Tourism is in full expansion and many activities are available to ensure that you spend a great time in our region. Here are a few of the many things you can do over here :
- bus excursions to Andorra, Spain, Cerdagne (www.cars-verts-voyages.com)
- visiting prehistoric caves
-> Tautavel (www.tautavel.com)
-> Fontrabiouse (www.fontrabiouse.fr)
-> Villefranche (www.3grottes.com)
- diving in Banyuls or Argelès (www.argeles-plongee.com)
- visit monuments :
-> Abbey in St Genis des Fontaines (www.ville-saintgenisdesfontaines.fr)
-> Prieuré de Marcevol XIIè
-> Força Réal in Millas
-> Abbaye Saint Michel de Cuixa (http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/abbaye.cuixa)
- visit dinosaure museum in Espéraza (www.dinosauria.org)
- Gorges de Galamus, de la Fou (www.tourisme-haut-vallespir.com)
- Farm visiting
- 1000 Flower labyrinth (www.laby66.com)
- Sweetcorn Labyrinth (www.jardin-ariane.com)
- Les Orgues d'Illes : discover a unique landscape of fairies chimneys (www.ille-sur-tet.com)
- visit castles in Salses, Bellegarde in Perthus (www.monum.fr)
- Guided tour of Cellier des Templiers, wine tasting (www.banyuls.com)
- Crocodile Farm in Pierreplate
- Bungee jumping and space jump in Prats de Mollo la Preste
- Turtle Valley in Sorède (www.lavalleedestortues.com)
- Animal Park in Les Angles (www.faune.pyreneenne.com)
- African Animal Park in Sigean (www.reserveafricainesigean.com)
- Live Farm in St André
- Four Solaire in Odeillo (www.promes.cnrs.fr/TOUT-PUBLIC/Exposition/index.htm)
- Glass makers in Palau del Vidre
- Adventure Park in Marquixanes (www.exterieur-nature.com)
- Aquarium in Canet (www.ot-canet.fr)
- Eagle Show in Valmy (www.lesaiglesdevalmy.com)
If you want more details about the region, please visit the following website : http://www.perpignantourisme.com
St Cyprien is like a little "St Tropez". You don't really need the car to get around. A little train can take you to the port and back (www.train-touristique-st-cyprien.com).
Many touristic activities are available in and around St Cyprien.
- water park (www.aqualand.fr)
- boat rental (www.sunsud.fr)
- cruises (www.lodos.fr / www.roussillon-croisieres.com)
- jet ski (www.stcypjetevasion.net)
- rollers hiring
- karting (www.ludikart.com)
- golf (www.saintcyprien-golfresort.com)
- mini golf (www.espace-loisirs-nature.com)
- Butterfly Farm (www.tropique-du-papillon.com)
- Kayak de mer (www.kayakmer.net)
- Wind surf
- Mountain biking
- Beach volley
- Acrobatic Forest Park and Canyoning Park (www.argeles-aventure.com)
- parachute ascensionnel
- daily criuses in catamaran
- miniature park (www.espace.loisirs.nature.com)
- Botanic Park in Les Capellans, St Cyprien (saint-cyprien.com)
- Body Building
- Bowling (www.plazabowl.fr)
To discover more about St Cyprien, you can visit the following website : http://www.saint-cyprien.com.
Some of the highlights of the summer are the fireworks on 14th July and on 15th/16th August. Once in a life time you should try to live the experience of 16th August Fireworks in Collioure. Get a train to Collioure from Elne station (many special trains), spend the day there, have a picnic on the beach and enjoy the night show ! A great day and evening out to remember.