Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The Waterwheel Apartment is a stylish property situated within the World Heritage site of Charlestown, an idyllic, unspoiled, historic port.
Internally the apartment has been furnished to a high standard benefiting from Wi-Fi internet access for those seeking a working holiday or just relaxation and entertainment. Externally The Waterwheel Apartment boasts an enclosed garden. Well located, the centre of Charlestown is just 500m from the apartment. Another bonus is the regular St Austell/Fowey bus which passes within 50 meters, so you can easily get by without a car.
Relatively untouched by development, Charlestown has often been used as a location for films and TV productions such as Dr Who, Poldark and The Three Musketeers. The harbour looks particularly splendid with numerous tall ships moored in port. Charlestown has several pubs and restaurants to enjoy, as well as a heritage centre. The shops are characterful and interesting. The community is vibrant, participating in regular events such as gig rowing races and water based activities in the harbour. Regatta week is a particular joy.
There are two beautiful pebbly beaches with safe swimming, rock pools and caves. Also there are many superb sandy beaches within easy reach. Within walking distance is Porthpean Beach, a great family friendly beach and sailing centre. For those interested in golf, there are three golf courses within 3 miles.
The Cornwall Coastal Path is on the doorstep. A detailed booklet containing recommended all season walks, cycle and kayaking routes provided in the apartment for your convenience. Many start and finish from the Waterwheel Apartment.
St Austell, just over a mile away, is a market town with larger shops and facilities. The world-famous Eden Project is less than 5 miles from The Waterwheel apartment and the Lost Gardens of Heligan are 8 miles away. There are plenty of other attractions within easy reach, from National Trust properties to children's theme parks.
After a day out, you'll be happy to head back to relax in the comfort of The Waterwheel Apartment where DVDs, games and books have been provided.
The Waterwheel Apartment especially welcomes families. A cot and highchair are provided for younger guests plus a Playstation games console, board games, books and swing ball to play in the enclosed garden. Buckets and spades are also available.
Please note: Between Saturday 30th March - Saturday 13th April 2013 this property can only accommodate bookings of 7 night stays with a Saturday changeover.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
- Furnished with a three seater and two seater sofa.
- Entertainment is provided by a 42” TV with Freeview and a DVD player.
- A selection of DVDs, books and games are provided including a Playstation 2.
- Features integrated appliances, including cooker, fridge /freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
- Complete with a range of appliances including a microwave, kettle and toaster.
- The dining area consists of a dining table with seating for four.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Furnished with a king-size bed with luxurious memory foam mattress, bedside tables with lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- En-suite consists of a wc, shower, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Furnished with twin beds- with memory foam mattresses, bedside table and lamp, large built-in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Main bathroom consists of a wc, bath with shower over, wash basin, heated towel rail and shaver point.
- En-suite to bedroom one consists of a wc, shower, wash basin and heated towel rail.
|Further details outdoors|
- Enclosed walled garden, patio area with furniture and barbecue area. (There is also a park nearby).
- Off street parking for one car and on street parking available for additional vehicles.
The West Country region
South Cornwall, a secluded and beautiful part of the West Country, is the perfect retreat at any time of year. South Cornwall offer a true escape, the area’s isolated stretches of coastline are strewn with charming whitewashed villages reminiscent of times passed. Enjoy a stay in a South Cornwall and discover the truth behind the mysterious legends and ancient sites that give South Cornwall its fascinating character. Visitors to Cornwall will be treated to dramatic scenery, from wooded valleys to jagged cliffs, as the setting for their holiday.
• Mousehole is famous for its Christmas illuminations around the harbour
• South Cornwall boasts the Tate St Ives and the Newlyn Art Gallery, near Penzance
• St Austell Brewery has been brewing beer and real ale since 1851
Visit the spectacular Eden Project
Take in the views on the beautiful Clay Trail
Spend a day on one of the sun kissed local beaches
The largest town in Cornwall, St. Austell is the perfect place to spend a relaxing holiday. Boasting a number of top attractions, such as the unique botanical gardens The Eden Project, an interesting brewery tour of St. Austell Breweries (with samples!) and an historical look at the china clay heritage of the town in the Wheal Martyn China Clay Heritage Centre, there is certainly plenty to see and do.
There are a number of great pubs selling great pub grub and a fine selection of St. Austell Breweries ales, shopping options galore in the newly redeveloped White River Place in the town centre and a fine assortment of beaches to enjoy a last day on the sand. The Clay Trail is a great way of exploring the history of the town, which dates back to the middle ages, via the stunning coastal and countryside views.