Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Charming end terraced steading conversion within the beautiful conservation village of Kingsbarns & just 6 miles from St.Andrews.Ten minutes walk to the beach The house provides a high standard of accommodation with plenty of space to unwind and relax.
There is easy access to the coastal path, golf courses and the beach. (Kingsbarns Links is a course that should be high on your list of must play golf courses in Fife).
Ideal for families or golfers alike. Private parking is provided. There is an enclosed child friendly garden with summerhouse at the back of the house with a patio area .
The house is fully equipped to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
New Property to the lettings market.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh 44 km, Nearest railway: Leuchars 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
The property is furnished to a high standard to make your stay as comfortable as possible the rooms being very spacious with plenty of built in cupboard space.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a dishwasher and a washer/tumbledrier.
As well as a family bathroom upstairs with recently installed power shower there is also a downstairs cloakroom with toliet and wash hand basin.
|Further details outdoors|
Charming converted steading situated in a private courtyard with allocated parking .
There is a Summer house (providing storage for bikes,buggies) and also a Patio area in secluded garden at the back of the house which is child friendly and perfect for relaxing in.
Please leave the property as you found it (clean and tidy).
Respect the property and the neighbours.
The Fife region
The Kingdom of Fife has always been at the heart of Scottish history , a relaxing atmosphere prevails throughout the area from the delightful fishing villages of the East Neuk to St Andrews , the golfing centre of the world.
The area is approximately 1 hour from our Capital City of Edinburgh and 2 hours from Glasgow.
St.Andrews is one of Scotlands most popular holiday destinations.
Kingsbarns is a small peaceful village conveniently located just 6 miles from St.Andrews.
The beach at Kingsbarns is wonderful and about 10 minutes walk from the cottage.
It provides easy access to the Fife Coastal Walk.
St.Andrews itself is steeped in history.Enjoy exploring the famous Castle and Cathedral.
Take pleasure in exploring the surprises and delights you will find!
St Andrews is renowned as the home of golf with a number of fine courses including the famed Old Course(see if you can spot any famous golfers). You really are in a golfers paradise with numerous courses to choose from.
St.Andrews has a wide variety of specialist shops.Ranging from delightful coffee shops to being able to experience a wonderful variety of restaurants.
There are numerous activities and events which take place in St.Andrews I have listed some of them below
• The Byre Theatre, open all year and includes a cafe and bar.
• The New Picture House Cinema, screens all new releases.
• The British Golf Museum includes a unique insight into the game of golf at the world's most famous course.
• The Botanical Gardens providing a tranquil and relaxing experience.
• The Sea Life Centre is great for younger children and adults alike.
• Swim at the East Sands Leisure Centre.
• Play tennis or putting in Kinburn Park.
• For a more challenging putting experience visit the "Himalayas", near the Old Course.
• The Cathedral, constructed in the 12th and 13th century, provides an impression of the scale of what was once the largest Cathedral in Scotland.
• St Rule's tower, in the grounds of the Cathedral, provides a panoramic view of St Andrews and the surrounding coastline, provided you climb to the top.
• St Andrews Castle is where you can discover the underground mine and the bottle dungeon.
• St Andrews coastlines include the famous East and more well known West Sands beaches (which has a seaside award).
• On the outskirts of the town, there are several places of interest to visit:
• The Secret Bunker, a disused nuclear shelter, which has been transformed into a museum.
• Cambo Gardens, which is Fife's most enchanting Victorian walled garden. (10 minute walk from The Yards Cottage).
Local Events 2010
• Great golfing all year round.
• Highland Games, always the last Sunday in July each year.
• The Lammas Market, held at the begining of August each year, if you love all the fun of the fair, don't miss this.
• The Dunhill Links Championship takes place in St Andrews and Kingsbarns Links courses during October.
Restaurants and Eating Out.
• The Dolls House, found in Church Square, is a firm favourite with visitors and locals, offering excellent value for money.
• The Jahangir Restaurant, in South Street, if you fancy something a little spicier.
• The Vine Leaf, specialises in sea food and Scottish beef.
• Jannetta's Ice Cream Parlour, found at the top of South Street provides an amazing 52 flavours of Ice Cream.
• Also recommended is the Anstruther Fish Bar, winner of Scotlands best fish and chip shop, well worth travelling to visit.
There is an information folder in the cottage providing more detailed information on the above and details of other places of interest.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
3 Nov 2012
"We had great fun"
We spent the October school week at the Yards cottage in Kingsbarns - myself, my wife and our two kids, 4 and 6. The cottage was only 10 mins walk from the wonderful beach, but wrap up warmly if you're there in autumn or winter. The cottage has everything you'll need and is cosy after a windy day at the beach - especially in October!
The drive into St Andrews was only 10 minutes too, with easy parking for all the amenities and plenty of restaurants to keep you well fed during your stay. Our favourite was the Glass House - wonderful food and excellent value for money.
27 Sep 2011
"Absolutely Beautiful and would recommend to all"
We stayed at The Yards Cottage, Kingsbarns in August 2011. Booking was very straight forward and the owners were very quick to respond to any questions we had. The key retrieval, arrival and parking were very simple and the local pub (although we didn't visit) looks lovely and there is a small shop in the village for any essentials. The cottage is absolutely beautiful, so well looked after and the visitors book reflects the great time all visitors have had their. The website showed a true picture of what the cottage is like and the bedrooms were fresh and very comfortable. I would recommend this cottage to anyone and especially my colleagues who visit or have family visiting RAF Leuchars. St Andrews is lovely and there is a lovely beach just 5 minutes drive away. This beautiful cottage comes highly recommended.
9 Aug 2011
"Lovely cottage in a beautiful setting"
We have just returned from our stay at this lovely cottage. It really is home from home from the minute you arrive. Everything you could possibly need is there including towels, washing up liquid, soap all you have to do is turn up! We were lucky with the weather and walked along Kingsbarns beach and golf club which is only a 10 minute walk, for quite a few mornings, what fantastic scenery! We enjoyed a couple of evenings in the courtyard at the back of the cottage in the sun with a glass of wine. If you are visiting St Andrews or the surrounding area I would definitely recommend this cottage. It was an easy 10 minute drive into St Andrews and all the golf courses which are stunning.
23 Jul 2011
"Excellent house. Great location."
I have now stayed in the Yards twice. On both occasions we had our elderly mother, two teenagers and two adults. The house is excellent. It has everything you need. The downstairs double was great for… More
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
95% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- St Andrews
- 134 properties
- North Berwick
- 65 properties
- 55 properties
- Perth, Scotland
- 46 properties
- 34 properties
- 28 properties
- 28 properties
- St Monans
- 17 properties
- 15 properties
- 15 properties
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- Kinross, Scotland
- 8 properties
- Newport on Tay
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Lower Largo
- 6 properties