About the home
This very pleasant, breezy, self-catering duplex beach front apartment (1200 sq. ft./113 sq. m) faces the white, sandy Heywoods Beach on the exclusive West Coast of Barbados. A spacious covered balcony gives stunning sea views and is ideal for al fresco dining.
* On the beach just in front of the condo you can enjoy swimming, snorkeling and diving. Other fantastic beaches are in easy walking distance. The beautiful rugged East Coast, famous among surfers, with its breathtaking views, is only half an hour drive away.
* You can walk in a few minutes to historical Speightstown, a city protected for its cultural and historical value. You find shops, supermarkets, good restaurants as well as bars and observe the pulsating life of a small busy Caribbean town.
* Coral Sands is close to the golf courses of Royal Westmoreland and Sandy Lane. Pulsating Holetown is only 15 min drive away.
* The apartment is a romantic getaway for couples, but is also ideal for families. The exclusive setting gives you the best of two worlds: a quiet haven on the edge of where it is all happening.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 300m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 9|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
The apartment is tastefully furnished with modern and pieces of antique mahogany furniture. On the lower floor you find a luxurious Italian kitchen, opening to a small closed patio. A children´s high chair is present. Dining for up to six people possible in the kitchen, for 3-4 in the patio.
* Hardwood stairs lead to the upper floor with the large, breezy living room containing a sofa bed for two. The comfortable seating provides an unhurried, sophisticated atmosphere.
* Both quiet air-conditioned elegant bedrooms are tastefully furnished for a relaxing atmosphere (one with a queen size bed, one with two single beds). Both bedrooms are breezy due to different windows to open. In addition, a fan on the ceiling is also present in each bedroom.
* Different wardrobes provide ample space for clothing.
* Beautiful en suite bathroom in the first floor: Large bath tub with shower, tiles, vanity basin with marble top, second door to living room. Small second extra toilet downstairs in front of second bedroom.
Further details outdoors:
In front of the living room is the spacious, covered balcony, an ideal place for dining alfresco or for sunbathing on the relaxing chaise longue. The balcony provides a stunning sea view towards the southwest and northwest; in between is a small house, obstructing part of the view.
A small cool patio is on the northern side of the building; here you can shower after the bath and also have breakfast/dinner.
Maid service twice a week. Linen and towels are changed weekly. More frequent cleaning on demand at extra cost. Welcome pack with basic food at extra cost possible, if ordered in advance.
Beach towels and beach chairs provided at no extra costs.
Unlimited local telephone calls. No extra costs for use of ADSL with WIFI. Stay in contact with friends and family: we suggest to use Skype (or another company) for your overseas calls, if you have a laptop or multimedia telephone available. This provides considerable savings.
30 % of renting costs at time of reservation to secure booking.
Rest is payable 60 days before arrival.
Refundable breakages deposit of US $ 200 (£150) required on arrival, to be refunded at your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection).
The St Peter Parish region
St Peter is the most northerly parish of Barbados on the exclusive West Coast. The area is less crowded than buzzing St. James, a few kms further to the south, but has all the necessary amenities, and several famous beaches facing the usually calm, blue-green Caribbean sea. One of these with a spectacular coral reef is directly in front of the condominium, others are in easy walking distance.
* There are no private beaches on the island! All beaches are open to the public and access is a right for everybody. Properties which front onto a beach may own the land to the high-water mark only. So you can stroll along the beach and settle down even in front of the most exclusive hotels.
* The diurnal tidal range is of the order of only 1 m, so laying on the beach is not affected by the tidal situation. Waves are high on the east side of the island, ideal for surfers, and also strong in the south (centre for windsurfing), whereas the west coast is mostly like a "bath tub".
* Climate is tropical, around 30°C during the days, somewhat less humid from November to April than in the rest of the year.
* Wildlife consist of many different birds, monkeys, and turtles.
* Traffic connections are good, with many private and public bus connections; a rented car is not absolutely necessary.
VISIT BARBADOS DURING THE FIRST WEEK IN AUGUST, THE PEAK OF THE CROP OVER FESTIVAL. BARBADOS IS DISTANT TO NORMAL HURRICANE AVENUES.
The Speightstown area
The Coral Sands apartment is situated on the exclusive West Coast of Barbados, facing the white, sandy Heywood beach, where you can swim, snorkel or dive. There are also several spectacular sandy beaches to the north, within easy walking distance, like Almond Beach. Others are further to the south and can be reached in a few minutes driving or by public bus transfer, e.g. Mullins beach, Alleynes Bay.
* You can walk in a few minutes to historical Speightstown ('Little Bristol'), a city protected for its cultural and historical value. You find banks, shops, supermarkets, pharmacies. A wide range of restaurants and bars are available in Speightstown and in nearby Holetown, which is about a 15 minute drive away.
During the week you observe the pulsating life of a small busy Caribbean town, largely untouched by touristic development: colorfully dressed, friendly ladies sell local fresh fruit and vegetables, fishermen sell the catch of the day or bring it to the fish market and you hear reggae music from cars.
* First of all water sports like swimming, snorkeling, sailing, surfing, waterski, jetski, or just enjoy the reef with the glass bottom boat. Seadoos/waverunners are concentrated on the busy beaches where many hotels are; this is the case north and south of Speightstown; hardly any passes close to the beach in front of the apartment.
* Scuba diving: Reefers and Wreckers Dive Shop is located a few minutes away from the apartment, where you can book lessons or hire equipment. A wide range of watersports is also available at Almond Beach, a few steps to the north.
* For keen golfers, White Sands is close to the golf courses of Royal Westmoreland (10 minutes by car), Sandy Lane (20 minutes) and others. Pulsating Holetown is only 15 min away.
* Surfing and windsurfing: Surfing is ideal on the East Coast, especially in the Bathsheba area with its beautiful rugged scenery, allowing breathtaking views. This is just a few kilometers away. Windsurfing is concentrated mainly in the south, but this is a slightly longer drive.
* Other sports include jogging on the beach, tennis, cricket, horse riding, polo, or view horse racing at the Garrison Savannah Race Course in Bridgetown.
* Harrison's Cave in the centre of the island is an amazing gallery of stalactites and stalagmites, with streams of crystal-clear running water forming ponds.
* Visit the Oistins Fish Market. Each Friday and Saturday night many hundreds of locals and visitors go to Oistins for the Fish-Fry, an opportunity to enjoy the best local food - fried and grilled fish, fish cakes, sweet potato, and much more. Be early to find a parking place.
* A highly recommended (but expensive) restaurant with a very pleasant atmosphere is the Fish Pot, about 2 km north of the apartment, directly on the sea. Mangos Restaurant in Speightstown is also worth a visit. Many others are in Holetown. A small but highly recommended place on Highway 1 in Holetown (opposite the Coral Reef Club and McGills Research Station) is Grootes Restaurant and Bar. Reservations are recommended.
* Roundtrip: Pay a visit to North Point (Flower Cave) and see the Scotland District and Bathsheba on the East Coast, with different well known restaurants, offering breathtaking views of the sea (Edgewater Inn, Round House, Atlantis Hotel). Drive southwards to the quiet Barbadian heritage Codrington College. On your way back, relax on one of the many different beaches of the East and South Coast. The beaches of the East Coast have usually high waves and swells and are ideal for surfing, the ones on the South Coast for windsurfing, whereas the West Coast is usually calm and a paradise for swimming, snorkeling and diving.
See the capital Bridgetown and sip a cocktail or dine at the Waterfront Cafe in the middle of this historic town. This restaurant is very popular among locals and tourists.
* Highly interesting is a visit of the Mount Gay rum distillery in Bridgetown, where you learn how rum is made from sugar cane. White gold as sugar cane was called, produced great wealth and fame for the island and the original plantation owners.
* Visit the Sunbury Plantation House, the only great house on Barbados where all the rooms are open for viewing. This 300-year-old plantation house is steeped in history, featuring mahogany antiques, old prints and a unique collection of horse-drawn carriages.
* Visit also the Sugar Museum near the Portvale Sugar Factory, just off Highway 2A. This museum is a permanent record of how sugar was produced in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
* For farm fresh produce and more besides, try the Saturday morning Brighton Farmers Market at Brighton Plantation, tel. 429 2639, in the St George Valley. Run by owners Michael and Alison Pile on their 17th century plantation, it has become an extremely popular social outing for families. A children’s play area has been added, along with a large number of picnic tables on the lawns and a café area serving freshly brewed coffee. Stalls are normally up and ready to go by 6am (open until about 10 am) and offer a wide range of homemade produce from bread and cakes to Thai spring rolls, pickles and chutneys, meat pies, sweets and jams, plus local artwork, jewelry and handicrafts.
At the end of the day: enjoy dining al fresco on the terrace of your apartment, eventually with an original Barbadian rum punch. This gives you the best of two worlds: a quiet haven on the edge of where it is all happening.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Flights to Barbados from the UK are from Manchester and London, with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic, arriving daily.
Many other daily flights from the US and Canada. Condor has flights once a week from Frankfurt.
From airport take either a taxi (presently 38 US $) to the apartment or go there with a rental car, following mainly Highway 2 A/ABC Highway.
Activities near Speightstown
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
13 Nov 2011
Firstly, dealing with the owners of this property was great. They are very acccommodating and eager to see that their guests really enjoy themselves.
Making the booking, emails and even picking up... more
We appreciate the overall quite positive review of our guest. Unfortunately he had expected Speightstown to be a busy touristic place even in the Low Season. This is not the case, as clearly... more
20 Sep 2011
The apartment was exactly as described & was large, bright & well equipped making it ideal for a self catering holiday, especially if you want a fairly quiet & relaxing holiday experience. Speightstown is a small, friendly town with only a few restaurants although there are a couple of supermarkets, but is also convenient for bus services around the island, as the bus station is a 5 min walk. The beach opposite the apartment, which was so quiet it was almost private, made for some lovely views & you could relax on the balcony watching the world go by or take a dip any time without having to plan ahead. We did not use the 2nd bedroom, which was downstairs, as it felt too far away for our young son to be sleeping away from us but it was easy enough to use the sofa bed in the lounge for him. It was very handy to have a good washing machine & tumble dryer, as it meant we did not have to pack loads of clothes, & although we did not use all the facilities, everything you needed was there to make self catering easy. It was unfortunate that we did not find out about the mosquito nets until late into our holiday but this did not spoil our otherwise fabulous family holiday. Sonja, who was the local caretaker, was very friendly & we could take advantage of her local knowledge for various things. Overall, well recommended.
30 Aug 2011
My family and I (Wife + 3yr old child) stayed at Coral Sands in Spreightstown, Barbados for a week in March of 2011. We loved our time there and were provided with all the necessities we could need from our host. Although the duplex apartment was right on the beach, the view of the ocean was blocked by a house directly in front, across the street. This was the only issue we had with the place. Being that it was on the beach, we could walk outside everyday and be in the surf instantly. The town itself is cute and definitely better than the larger resort towns further down the coast. In all, I would recommend this apartment for your vacation rental.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: American $||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Shoulder Period||6 Apr 13||27 Apr 13||$ 900||$ 130||$ 130||3 Nights|
|Low Season||27 Apr 13||29 Jun 13||$ 725||$ 105||$ 105||3 Nights|
|Shoulder Period||29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||$ 875||$ 125||$ 125||3 Nights|
|Low Season||31 Aug 13||23 Nov 13||$ 725||$ 105||$ 105||3 Nights|
|Shoulder Period||23 Nov 13||14 Dec 13||$ 875||$ 125||$ 125||3 Nights|
|High Season||14 Dec 13||21 Dec 13||$ 1150||$ 165||$ 165||3 Nights|
|Christmas/New Year||21 Dec 13||11 Jan 14||$ 1400||-||-||1 Week|
|High Season||11 Jan 14||29 Mar 14||$ 1225||$ 175||$ 175||3 Nights|
|Shoulder Period||29 Mar 14||12 Apr 14||$ 1015||$ 145||$ 145||3 Nights|
|Easter Period||12 Apr 14||26 Apr 14||$ 1015||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||26 Apr 14||28 Jun 14||$ 770||$ 110||$ 110||3 Nights|
|Shoulder Period||28 Jun 14||30 Aug 14||$ 875||$ 125||$ 125||3 Nights|
|Low Season||30 Aug 14||22 Nov 14||$ 770||$ 110||$ 110||3 Nights|
|Shoulder Period||22 Nov 14||13 Dec 14||$ 875||$ 125||$ 125||3 Nights|
|High Season||13 Dec 14||20 Dec 14||$ 1225||$ 175||$ 175||3 Nights|
|Christmas/New Year||20 Dec 14||10 Jan 15||$ 1435||-||-||1 Week|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Christmas/New Year||20 Dec 14||10 Jan 15||$ 1505||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
The rates quoted above are for occupancy with up to 4 guests. An additional guest is 10 US$ per night, two additional guests are 15 US $ per night.
Late booking discounts available ("last minute").
Payment in US $ for guests from North America, in Euro equivalent for all other guests.
LATE ARRIVALS at the apartment: After 8 p.m. 30 US $; after 11 p.m. 50 US $.
BOOKING PROCEDURE: (1) You inquire availability of the apartment by email. (2) We communicate if the apartment is free, give you the applicable price and email to you the 'Booking Terms and Conditions' including bank details and further information; (3) You inform us of your interest to book; 4) Booking will be binding for both parts by your payment of a non-refundable deposit of 30 %
(minimum 100 $). The balance payment will be due 60 days before your arrival.
If you are from the US or Canada, please transfer the requested amount in US Dollars. You can also pay by PayPal. If you are living in the European Union, please transfer to our account the Euro equivalent as given by us.
CAR HIRE: we recommend Stoutes Car Rental Ltd. (www.stoutescar.com), a family owned company, which has an office directly at the airport. Our experience with this company was always very positive. Stoutes offers special rates for our clients (inform us of an intended hire!): throughout the year you will receive 15% discount on the normal rates!Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here