Modern flat near Wimbledon
About the home
This is a comfortable one-bedroom apartment built as part of a modern complex of houses and apartments. It is on the ground floor so is easy to access with luggage. There is ample room to use the kitchen, eat around the table, and store your clothes in the built-in wardrobes. The apartment can sleep up to six: two in the double bed, and the sofas open out to be able to sleep four. It will be ideal for up to four adults and two children.
It's also very quiet during the day or night because the apartment is not on a main road but on a no-through road. There is also parking with a parking permit provided.
Best of all, the apartment is only 3 minutes' walk to the London Underground stop. From here there are frequent trains into central London, which take only 20 minutes.
NOTE: The description of property type is being changed with Holiday Lettings: it is not a 3-bedroom house but a one-bedroom apartment, as can be seen with the photos and the rest of the description.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 5, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||Brighton beach, West Sussex, 87km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 1.1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, Telephone, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
Further details outdoors:
Quiet road (dead-end) so no through traffic, making it ideal for children.
Strictly no smoking
A 25% deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining 75% of rental fee is due within two weeks before your stay.
The South East England / London region
It's a 20 minute walk to the Wimbledon Tennis championships or to visit the musuem there!
The house is a 5 minute car-drive from the A3 main road which leads to:
Royal Horticultural Society's Wisley Gardens
Polesden Lacey National Trust house and grounds
Horton Park Country Farm
Epsom Derby and grounds
M25 London orbital freeway with access to routes to the rest of the country
Any stressful driving into or out of central London can therefore be avoided!
You can walk to the metro and take it into central London for:
The London Eye
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
Tate Britain art gallery
Tate Modern art gallery
West End theatres for plays and musicals...
The South West London / Southfields area
5 minutes walk to Wimbledon Park, ideal for kicking a ball, playing crazy golf, feeding the ducks on the pond, or hiring one of the public tennis courts for an hour's game of tennis!
Southfields is less than 10 minutes walk away and has a great French and Italian delicatessan/cake shop, a good butcher and fishmonger, Starbucks, good pubs, a post office and two small supermarkets.
Wimbledon Village is 30 minutes walk away, pass the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis museum and grounds. The Village is full of smart shops and great cafes.
For those wanting to take a pleasant stroll, Wimbledon Common is only 15 minutes walk away. This leads on to Richmond Park (also reachable by road from the A3), which is a former royal hunting park still full of deer today. There is a bicycle hire shop so you can cycle around the rest of the Park and even down to the Thames Cycle Path. This takes you alongside the River Thames, past Kingston, and on to Hampton Court.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
From Heathrow Airport take the non-stop Heathrow Express train into Paddington station, then change to the District line on the metro towards Wimbledon. Alight at Southfields station. Journey time is 45 minutes with one change.
From Gatwick Airport take any London bound train, alight at Clapham Junction and take a 15 minute taxi ride to Southfields. Journey time is again 45 minutes with one change.
If hiring a car from either airport, access is very easy via motoways/expressways up to the last 5 minutes of the journey.
Good taxi companies operate in Southfields and Wimbledon.
Activities near South West London
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Standard 2013||10 Mar 13||1 Jun 13||£ 495||£ 90||£ 90||4 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Payment can be by credit or debit card, or bank transfer.Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Holiday homes in England (21,185)