Gîtes de La Hoguette
from £97 /night help
House | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 12
- A “propriété de maître” set on 9-acre grounds, La Hoguette offers 2 self-catering holiday rental homes, both listed with Holiday Lettings: please check the Dairy, home 233009, and the Cottage home 233010.
- Both homes are still available over the holiday season, coming soon. Short lets are quite possible. Do enquire!
- Each accommodation is quite private, with its own spacious, secure and enclosed garden, amongst an attractive park and apple orchard. The 4-bedroom Dairy can accommodate 9 and is particularly well-suited for a family holiday or a gathering of friends. The Cottage is a restored 18th century half-timbered still house where cider was distilled into calvados; it is a perfect romantic hideaway for couples. It can sleep 3, 5 with the sofa-bed in the living-room, which increases to 12 or 14 the overall capacity for larger groups of families or friends.
- The gites are about 300 feet from each other, they have their own garden, garden furniture and barbecue.
- Gites de France 2013 accreditation: 2 épis for the Dairy, and 3 épis for the Cottage.
- Baby and toddler equipment provided: highchair, 2 wooden cots, a changing station, baby-bath, safety gate.
- La Hoguette is dog-friendly. Blankets and throw covers are provided.
- If you are celebrating a special event, we shall be happy to help, we live on site. We have welcomed family gatherings, party groups, including ramblers, cyclists, motorcyclists. A wedding has been held at La Hoguette, even a religious celebration.
- Our Cottage (home 233010) is booked and there are only 2 or 3 of you? No worry, upgrade to the Dairy (home 233009) for the price of the Cottage! Please enquire if it is available.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Cabourg 45 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||10 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Caen or Deauville 45 km, Nearest railway: Saint Pierre sur Dives 11 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
|Further details outdoors|
Enjoy the vast unspoilt open space of La Hoguette, exceptional in the typically well-groomed French countryside.
The 9-acre entirely enclosed orchard is yours to explore, either for a stroll, a picnic, or bird-watching or to fly your kite.
Children will enjoy the swings, getting to know the property cats and dogs and feeding our 2 friendly Shetland ponies.
The network of rambling trails is accessible right from La Hoguette.
The Basse-Normandie region
With its 350 miles of coastline and richly varied landscapes, Normandy offers a wonderful choice of scenery and culture: the stunning beauty of the cliffs in Étretat or the long sandy beaches, steeped in history, from Caen to Arromanches, the Seine Valley winding between wooded hills and chalk escarpments, the craggy hills of the Suisse Normande, and the patchwork of fields and hedges of the Calvados county with its orchards and timber-framed cottages.
Calvados is one of the 3 "départements" (counties) of Lower Normandy, along with Manche and Orne.
Annexed by Roman legions and Viking adventurers, disputed for centuries by English and French kings, beach-head for D-Day armies, Normandy is a melting-pot of peoples and languages, a cross-roads where cultures and ideas, artefacts and produce, have met and mingled, giving it a rich heritage of traditions, monuments and history.
The Channel coast, the banks of the Seine River, Rouen, Honfleur, Giverny were home to the impressionist painters, inspired by the unique light of the Norman skies.
In Normandy you can experience every type of weather in a single day, meaning it is ever changing; the reason is the closeness of the sea with its changeable and innumerable winds. The climate is mild. Good levels of rain mean that the countryside is green but there are usually more sunny days than cloudy or rainy days. The weather does not get to the high temperatures seen elsewhere in France and it can be unpredictable. However occasional days reaching 80* F (27* C) are not unusual in the summer and the winter months are relatively mild.
In Montpinçon, you will be centrally located for sightseeing Normandy: Deauville and Honfleur (35 miles), beaches (Cabourg, 25 miles), the Landing Beaches (35 miles), Monet’s Giverny (65 miles), Mont Saint-Michel (85 miles), the local market (6 miles) or the lanes of our Montpinçon forest.
South Pays d'Auge
The best kept secret in Normandy: a privileged position of proximity, yet bucolic unspoilt countryside!
The Pays d’Auge is an area in Normandy, straddling the départements of Calvados, Orne and Eure. The main towns are Lisieux, Falaise, Pont L’Évêque, Deauville and Trouville.
Generally considered as the “true Normandy”, it is a landscape of apple orchards, quiet dales with verdant pastures and half-timbered manors.
It is noted for its cheeses - Pont L’Évêque, Camembert, Livarot, also names of villages only 10 and 6 miles away from La Hoguette. The Pays d'Auge has been granted the “appellation d’origine contrôlée”, the famous AOC, for its cheeses and for its cider, Pommeau and Calvados. General consensus states that the Normans of Pays d'Auge, with their AOC status, make the best cider.
• Falaise, 13 miles away, the birthplace of William the Conqueror, Duke of Normandy and King of England, is the cradle of the Anglo-Norman dynasty. Bearing witness to the great power of the Anglo-Norman Duke-Kings, this palace-keep is a rare example of medieval architecture combining both a military and a residential purpose.
• Lisieux, 15 miles away, is world-famous thanks to Therese Martin, better known as Sainte-Thérèse-de-Lisieux. A town of pilgrimage, it has retained many tokens of its rich past – the "Canonical Quarter", the 12th century cathedral, the Episcopal Palace, the hôtel du Haut Doyenné, the Bishop's Palace Garden, the 17th century courthouse.
• The Château de Saint-Germain-de-Livet, "The Wonder of the Pays d'Auge": this little fortress nestling in the bottom of a valley is a true gem, with its coloured stone and green-varnished bricks. Built in the 16th century, it is one of the most precious examples of architecture in the Pays d'Auge in the Renaissance period. The interior is embellished with 18th and 19th century furniture and 16th century frescoes.
• The CERZA animal park, 17 miles away, at Hermival-les-Vaux: 500 wild animals in an area of over 123 acres. A Safari Train takes visitors on tours of the park.
• Le Pin National Stud farm, « Versailles for horses » is 13 miles away. Discover the world of horses through an exceptional heritage handed down over the centuries since Louis the 14th - its architecture, its landscapes, pedigree horses, 18th Century château and stable blocks, a delight for seniors and young alike.
• The Channel sea resorts such as Cabourg 25 miles away, Deauville and Trouville.
• Enjoy a stroll and a café crème at the local markets, there is one for each day of the week: Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives on Mondays, the most famous, well-attended since the 13th century, but also Argentan on Tuesdays, Orbec on Wednesdays, Falaise or Lisieux on Saturdays.
• Visit the annual exhibition at The Folk Museum of Le Billot, 1 mile away, right in Montpinçon, always about some aspect of life in Pays d’Auge from prehistory to 1945.
• Tennis, kayaking, swimming-pool 7 m. away.
• Aquacentre 13 m. away.
• Horseback-riding, angling & fishing, golfing 3 m. away.
• Mountain biking, hiking right in the lanes and the woods of Montpinçon
• Paragliding and hand-gliding, right in Montpinçon
• Rock-climbing 20 m. away in Suisse Normande
• Horse races at the many race-tracks – the very local such as Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives or the more prestigious like Deauville.
• Promenades musicales en Pays d’Auge in July and August, at least 40 concerts in at times surprising locations, within a radius of 20 miles
• Septembre musical de l’Orne in September, within a radius of 50 miles
• Equestrian events at Le Pin National Stud farm
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
31 Aug 2014
"Great host, great place, great dogs"
We stayed with Catherine for a week and fell in love with the place.It is a lovely and charming converted dairy that is quite comfortable. The only drawback is the low ceiling on the top floor but tha… More
14 May 2013
"Gite à retenir"
En vacances pendant une dizaine de jours dans le gite de la Laiterie nous avons adoré.Les photos de l'intérieur laissent présager un endroit reposant et agréable et c'est vraiment le cas… More
20 Aug 2012
"Charmant et tranquille"
Nous avons passé un séjour charmant à la Hoguette, malgré le temps "normand". Les gîtes sont très bien équipés et notre hôte nous a reçus avec beaucoup de prévenance et d'att… More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:06 Dec 2014
Based in France
Credit cards accepted
- 2034 properties
- 189 properties
- 70 properties
- Dives sur Mer-old
- 68 properties
- Villers sur mer-old
- 60 properties
- 32 properties
- 28 properties
- 22 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- Blonville Sur Mer-old
- 13 properties
- 11 properties
- Pont l'Eveque-old
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- Merville Franceville Plage-old
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- Les Champeaux-old
- 6 properties
- 6 properties