The Pine Holiday Cottage
About the home
David & Karen welcome you to Jockhedge, Lincolnshire's premier holiday cottages.
The beauty and simplicity of the country side, meets the elegance of Jockhedge cottages.
Jockhedge sits in 25 acres of green land and is situated in the village of Burgh Le Marsh in the foot hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds. 5 miles from the family sea-side resort Skegness. Jockhedge comprises of 6 Holiday Cottages (The Dairy, The Hayloft, The Barn The Stables, The Lavender and The Pine) which have been renovated from a 19th Century Red brick barns to a high quality standard.
Each cottage has been renovated in a country style with vaulted ceilings and traditional oak beams and features a well equipped kitchen and modern bathroom. Jockhedge holiday cottages offer unspoilt views of the surrounding country side and is set in a quiet rural location away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. However should you want to keep in contact we have free wi fi access.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Skegness, 8.1km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, DVD player|
|General:||TV, CD player, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Private fishing lake / river, Climbing frame, Swing set|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Parking space|
Further details indoors:
The Pine sleeps 6 + double sofa bed.
This is a ground floor three bedroom cottage (Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed, Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed, Bedroom 3 with twin beds)
Separate bathroom comprising of large freestanding bath tub, walk in shower area, wash hand basin, toilet, heated towel rail and under floor heating.
Separate kitchen comprising of high quality kitchen units with built in fridge/freezer, granite work tops, dishwasher, oven/hob, microwave, toaster and underfloor heating.
Spacious lounge/Dining area with 2 three seater leather sofas, one of which is a double sofa bed. Wall mounted 40" flat screen plasma tv, blue ray player, iPod docking station with CD/radio function.
This cottage has its own private gardens with patio and garden furniture. Iron and Ironing board in this cottage.
We also supply Bathrobes.
Further details outdoors:
Each cottage has communal access the Rose Court Yard with garden furniture and BBQ for use. Customers are welcome to walk around our 4 acre Orchard and gardens. In our well stocked fishing lake are Carp, Bream and Tench and visitors are welcome to fish free of charge. Childrens adventure play area with swings see-saw and slide. Free cycle hire is available so you can feel free to explore the surrounding countryside. Each cottage also has access to the shared laundry room with washer and tumble dryer.
A well-behaved dog is allowed in most of the cottages but sorry, no cats.
Strictly no smoking in cottages except in outdoor areas.
Non-refundable £50.00 Deposit required to secure booking, remaining balance required three weeks prior to arrival.
The Heart of England / Peak District / Lincolnshire region
The Lincolnshire Wolds are the highest point in eastern England between Yorkshire and Kent. The Wolds are designated and area of outstanding natural beauty. The fertile chalk hills have been shaped by agriculture for more than 4,000 years. The Countryside surrounding Jockhedge Holiday Cottages are ideal for walking and cycling on quiet lanes.
The Skegness / Burgh Le Marsh area
* Burgh Le Marsh - a short walk away from Jockhedge with local shops including Holmes family Butchers (highly recommended), Spar, Nisa, Co-Op and Post office. Just outside Burgh is Lyndhurst Garden Centre with farm shop where you can buy fresh local fruit and veg. In Burgh we also have the award winning restaurant "The Windmill" (www.windmillrestaurant.co.uk) and The Lakes Restaurant both highly recommended. Various pubs serving pub food and local ales.
* Skegness - Five miles away with various entertainments for all the family. Clean long beaches, fun fairs, crazy golf various cafes and shops. Skegness also offers excellent golf courses. Fairy Dell childs paddling pool area. Nature land the seal sanctury. Skegness water leisure where you can experience the thrills of water skiing on one of the UK's top facilities. An ideal way to cool off on those hot summer days but with wet suit hire to keep you warm on those bracing days. Gibraltar Point National Nature Reserve is an area of some 430 hectares comprising sandy and muddy seashores, sand-dunes, saltmarshes and freshwater habitats extending for a distance of about 3 miles along the Lincolnshire coast, from the southern end of Skegness to the entrance of the Wash.
* Ingoldmells - Five miles away with the themed family resort Fantasy Island, located on the coast near Skegness, with white-knuckle and family rides alike. Europes biggest outdoor market. Long sandy beaches. Butlins funcoast world with fantastic indoor and outdoor family pools. Hardys animal farm where you can see pigs being born in their specially glazed breeding unit, and feed the goats, cattle, and many other animals allowing the children to learn about modern farming and interact with animals in a safe and fun environment. The animal farm also have baby Lambs, Goats, Cows and Chicks being born throughout the year.
* Alford - Market town with craft markets, manor house and windmill. This ancient market town once served the farming community with its cattle market and produce auction. The lively market still continues every Tuesday. Alford now features the craft market on Tuesdays and Fridays through summer.
* Horncastle - is a bustling and attractive market town, renowned for its antique shops, with a fine heritage and unspoilt by modern developments. There are some notable historic buildings, including the 12th-century Church of St.Mary and it is a good base from which to explore the surrounding countryside. There is also a lovely country cycle path from Horncastle to the village of Woodhall Spa with monuments and various points of interest.
* Woodhall Spa - is a beautiful inland resort with an Edwardian character, set amidst magnificent pine woods. Regarded as one of Lincolnshire's most attractive villages. The village has a variety of attractions including two top class golf courses, the unique 'Kinema in the Woods', Cottage Museum, Jubilee Park outdoor heated swimming pool and several aviation heritage sites associated with 617 Squadron (the Dambusters).
* Louth - is a beautiful inland Georgian market town. The town has a variety of attractions including Hubbards Hills a beautiful walk and paddling area, Shops and market.
* The City of Lincoln - 1 hour drive from Burgh Le Marsh famous for the Cathedral where scenes from The Da Vinci Code were filmed. Take a tour of Lincoln Castle which where one of the four remaining copies of the original Magna Carta is securely displayed. With quaint cobbled streets, various boutique clothes, coffee and craft shops the city of Lincoln is well worth a visit. Nearby Rand Farm Park is a genuine working farm for children of all ages to enjoy. With a large variety of animals for you to hold, feed, touch and cuddle indoor heated play area, spacious tearoom and coffee bar.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Jockhedge Holiday Cottages, Wainfleet Road, Burgh Le Marsh, PE24 5AH
From the A52 follow the A158 out of Skegness. Where signposted turn into the village of Burgh Le Marsh, Drive through the village and turn left shortly after the church onto Wainfleet Road (signposted Croft, Thorpe St Peter, Wainfleet) follow the road past the school (on the left) there will be two sharp bends. Jockhedge can be found shortly after these on the left hand side, Jockhedge is the last house, down a long driveway.
From the A1028 & A158 (Travelling from Louth or Horncastle) Where signposted turn into the village of Burgh Le Marsh. Drive past the petrol station and turn right onto Wainfleet Road (signposted Croft, Thorpe St Peter, Wainfleet) follow the road past the school (on the left) there will be two sharp bends. Jockhedge can be found shortly after these on the left hand side, Jockhedge is the last house, down a long driveway.
Activities near Skegness
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
09 Dec 2012
We've just had a fantastic girls weekend in Pine Cottage and it was stunning. The interior is impeccable and to a very high standard including under floor heating in the kitchen, bathroom and... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|25 Jan 13||22 Mar 13||£ 490||£ 132||£ 132||3 Nights|
|22 Mar 13||12 Apr 13||£ 640||£ 165||£ 165||3 Nights|
|12 Apr 13||24 May 13||£ 595||£ 140||£ 140||3 Nights|
|24 May 13||31 May 13||£ 740||£ 173||£ 173||3 Nights|
|31 May 13||28 Jun 13||£ 670||£ 153||£ 153||3 Nights|
|28 Jun 13||19 Jul 13||£ 695||£ 167||£ 167||3 Nights|
|19 Jul 13||30 Aug 13||£ 860||£ 197||£ 197||3 Nights|
|30 Aug 13||27 Sep 13||£ 700||£ 165||£ 165||3 Nights|
|27 Sep 13||18 Oct 13||£ 595||£ 132||£ 132||3 Nights|
|18 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 650||£ 165||£ 165||3 Nights|
|1 Nov 13||20 Dec 13||£ 460||£ 132||£ 132||3 Nights|
|20 Dec 13||1 Jan 14||£ 860||£ 200||£ 200||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
2 night Short Breaks available please contact 01754 810963 for rates.
We accept payment via cheque made payable to Jockhedge Holiday Cottages. Or cash on arrival.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This cottage has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday cottages in England (21,115)