The Pine Holiday Cottage
Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
David & Karen welcome you to Jockhedge, Lincolnshire's premier holiday cottages.
The beauty and simplicity of the country side, meets the elegance of Jockhedge cottages.
Jockhedge sits in 25 acres of green land and is situated in the village of Burgh Le Marsh in the foot hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds. 5 miles from the family sea-side resort Skegness. Jockhedge comprises of 6 Holiday Cottages (The Dairy, The Hayloft, The Barn The Stables, The Lavender and The Pine) which have been renovated from a 19th Century Red brick barns to a high quality standard.
Each cottage has been renovated in a country style with vaulted ceilings and traditional oak beams and features a well equipped kitchen and modern bathroom. Jockhedge holiday cottages offer unspoilt views of the surrounding country side and is set in a quiet rural location away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. However should you want to keep in contact we have free wi fi access.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Skegness 8.1 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Humberside Airport 75.4 km, Nearest railway: Skegness Train Station 8.5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Climbing frame, Swing set, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The Pine sleeps 6 + double sofa bed.
This is a ground floor three bedroom cottage (Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed, Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed, Bedroom 3 with twin beds)
Separate bathroom comprising of large freestanding bath tub, walk in shower area, wash hand basin, toilet, heated towel rail and under floor heating.
Separate kitchen comprising of high quality kitchen units with built in fridge/freezer, granite work tops, dishwasher, oven/hob, microwave, toaster and underfloor heating.
Spacious lounge/Dining area with 2 three seater leather sofas, one of which is a double sofa bed. Wall mounted 40" flat screen plasma tv, blue ray player, iPod docking station with CD/radio function.
This cottage has its own private gardens with patio and garden furniture. Iron and Ironing board in this cottage.
We also supply Bathrobes.
|Further details outdoors|
Each cottage has communal access the Rose Court Yard with garden furniture and BBQ for use. Customers are welcome to walk around our 4 acre Orchard and gardens. In our well stocked fishing lake are Carp, Bream and Tench and visitors are welcome to fish free of charge. Childrens adventure play area with swings see-saw and slide. Free cycle hire is available so you can feel free to explore the surrounding countryside. Each cottage also has access to the shared laundry room with washer and tumble dryer.
The Heart of England/Peak District
The Lincolnshire Wolds are the highest point in eastern England between Yorkshire and Kent. The Wolds are designated and area of outstanding natural beauty. The fertile chalk hills have been shaped by agriculture for more than 4,000 years. The Countryside surrounding Jockhedge Holiday Cottages are ideal for walking and cycling on quiet lanes.
* Burgh Le Marsh - a short walk away from Jockhedge with local shops including Holmes family Butchers (highly recommended), Spar, Nisa, Co-Op and Post office. Just outside Burgh is Lyndhurst Garden Centre with farm shop where you can buy fresh local fruit and veg. In Burgh we also have the award winning restaurant "The Windmill" (www.windmillrestaurant.co.uk) and The Lakes Restaurant both highly recommended. Various pubs serving pub food and local ales.
* Skegness - Five miles away with various entertainments for all the family. Clean long beaches, fun fairs, crazy golf various cafes and shops. Skegness also offers excellent golf courses. Fairy Dell childs paddling pool area. Nature land the seal sanctury. Skegness water leisure where you can experience the thrills of water skiing on one of the UK's top facilities. An ideal way to cool off on those hot summer days but with wet suit hire to keep you warm on those bracing days. Gibraltar Point National Nature Reserve is an area of some 430 hectares comprising sandy and muddy seashores, sand-dunes, saltmarshes and freshwater habitats extending for a distance of about 3 miles along the Lincolnshire coast, from the southern end of Skegness to the entrance of the Wash.
* Ingoldmells - Five miles away with the themed family resort Fantasy Island, located on the coast near Skegness, with white-knuckle and family rides alike. Europes biggest outdoor market. Long sandy beaches. Butlins funcoast world with fantastic indoor and outdoor family pools. Hardys animal farm where you can see pigs being born in their specially glazed breeding unit, and feed the goats, cattle, and many other animals allowing the children to learn about modern farming and interact with animals in a safe and fun environment. The animal farm also have baby Lambs, Goats, Cows and Chicks being born throughout the year.
* Alford - Market town with craft markets, manor house and windmill. This ancient market town once served the farming community with its cattle market and produce auction. The lively market still continues every Tuesday. Alford now features the craft market on Tuesdays and Fridays through summer.
* Horncastle - is a bustling and attractive market town, renowned for its antique shops, with a fine heritage and unspoilt by modern developments. There are some notable historic buildings, including the 12th-century Church of St.Mary and it is a good base from which to explore the surrounding countryside. There is also a lovely country cycle path from Horncastle to the village of Woodhall Spa with monuments and various points of interest.
* Woodhall Spa - is a beautiful inland resort with an Edwardian character, set amidst magnificent pine woods. Regarded as one of Lincolnshire's most attractive villages. The village has a variety of attractions including two top class golf courses, the unique 'Kinema in the Woods', Cottage Museum, Jubilee Park outdoor heated swimming pool and several aviation heritage sites associated with 617 Squadron (the Dambusters).
* Louth - is a beautiful inland Georgian market town. The town has a variety of attractions including Hubbards Hills a beautiful walk and paddling area, Shops and market.
* The City of Lincoln - 1 hour drive from Burgh Le Marsh famous for the Cathedral where scenes from The Da Vinci Code were filmed. Take a tour of Lincoln Castle which where one of the four remaining copies of the original Magna Carta is securely displayed. With quaint cobbled streets, various boutique clothes, coffee and craft shops the city of Lincoln is well worth a visit. Nearby Rand Farm Park is a genuine working farm for children of all ages to enjoy. With a large variety of animals for you to hold, feed, touch and cuddle indoor heated play area, spacious tearoom and coffee bar.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
28 Dec 2013
"Lovely cottage, really happy with everything thanks."
We stayed here over Christmas 2013 and it is a new barn conversion with really good heating, lighting and bedding. Clean throughout, large bath and power shower, play space for kids and a hot tub in … More
20 Aug 2013
"An amazing place - best family holiday we have ever had!"
Jockhedge is a special place. From the moment we arrived we were overwhelmed by the beauty of the setting, the outstanding accommodation and, most of all, by the kindness and generosity of Dave and Ka… More
2 Aug 2013
The place has a very high standard and is very beautifully furnished. Everything worked perfectly and the hosts are extremely friendly. We were able to use splendid bikes at no extra charge and got tips on what to do. The kids loved the surroundings where they could play football and use the trampolin. The place is absolutely quiet and is near the beautiful village of Burgh le Marsh where we could get fresh food (bakery, butcher and coop). Louth, Lincoln & the Nature ressort near Skegnessare are worth a visit. We had a fantastic time - thank you!
Thank you for your kind comments, we are very pleased that you had a good time here at Jockhedge. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Jockhedge in the near future.
Karen & Dave
9 Dec 2012
"Perfect for a relaxing break with family or friends"
We've just had a fantastic girls weekend in Pine Cottage and it was stunning. The interior is impeccable and to a very high standard including under floor heating in the kitchen, bathroom and ho… More
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
80% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- King's Lynn
- 53 properties
- 41 properties
- 35 properties
- 34 properties
- 33 properties
- 31 properties
- 30 properties
- 29 properties
- 22 properties
- 18 properties
- Old Hunstanton
- 14 properties
- Burnham Market
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- Market Rasen
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 7 properties
- Boston, Lincolnshire
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Woodhall Spa
- 6 properties