Dolphin Cottage, Simonstown
Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Dolphin Cottage is a spacious and comfortable beach house with stunning views overlooking the sea. Every room has a sea view and a balcony. Simons Town is a 5/10 minute walk away, and it makes a perfect location for a holiday.
Gated driveway and entrance, secure parking on drive for 2 cars.
The entrance hall has a cloakroom and a large dresser for beach towels, shoes and a jackets and hats.
Open plan living area with comfortable sofas for 6 people, coffee table and large TV with satellite. There is also a music system with docking station, speakers and remote control. There are large windows with views over coastline, balcony doors leading to decking area with table and chairs.
• Dining area with seating for 8 people.
• Open plan, well equipped kitchen.
• Oven & gas hob
• Large Fridge and Freezer in utility area
• Washing machine and tumble dryer
• Second sink with filtered water
• There is a large safe for locking up valuables
Entrance into large studio bedroom/studio area which has:-
• Separate kitchen with hob, kettle and microwave
• Separate entrance and can be shut off from house if required
• Separate sink and cupboard space in kitchen
• Upstairs of studio area incorporates the living area:-
• Super king size bed or alternative twin bed option
• Desk and chair
• Large corner sofa (suitable for an overnight guest)
• Large shuttered windows with views over False Bay
• Patio doors leading to a private balcony with seating for 2 people
• En-suite bathroom with large shower, toilet and wash basin
• Built in wardrobe and other cupboard space
There is a second downstairs bedroom with en-suite bathroom which has a shower, bath, hand basin and toilet
Built in cupboards
Super king size or twin bedroom option
Large shuttered windows with patio doors leading onto patio deck with seating
A third bedroom upstairs with en-suite bathroom which has shower, bath, hand basin and toilet
Large shuttered windows with patio doors leading onto a private balcony overlooking False Bay. There is a table and chairs so guests can soak up the views.
• Linen, bath and beach towels are provided
• Sheets and towels are changed on the 4th Day
• Complimentary cleaning once per week
• Additional cleaning can be arranged at an additional cost
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Cape Town Airport 53.2 km, Nearest railway: Simons Town 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, Sea view|
|General||TV, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Western Cape region
The Cape Town region is a lovely place to visit, where you can combine culture with leisure in one holiday. You can visit both the
Indian and Atlantic ocean, so you can visit the Indian Ocean with warm water, where you can swim and surf. You can learn to surf at Muizenberg beach. Or you can go Fishing at Kalk Bay, a very famous area, with a famous pub called the Brass Bell where you can sit and watch boats, eat seafood, and watch fishing boats. There are other restaurants with amazing local cuisine in that area, prawns, bakery, hippy feel to it.
Cape Town Waterfront iis very famous, and you can visit Robin Island by boat. There are lots of festivals at Kirstenbosch Gardens, where there are some botanical gardens which are good to visit. You can take a picnic, and there are open air festivals and shows.
Dolphin Cottage is superbly located on the mountain but within easy walking distance of the local town with a choice of restaurants, cafes, shops, chemist and amenities. Dolphin Cottage has amazing views over False Bay from every room (each with its own balcony). You can watch the whales from the balcony and the house also overlooks the historical naval base. There are a few local beaches which are safe for swimming and you can walk to the famous Boulders Beach and swim with the penguins.
Dolphin Cottage has a lovely garden with local flora and fauna and lots of greenery. The balconies are spacious but there is also a private patio area which is sheltered and has washing line and a tap. There is a weber BBQ available for use.
• Cape Point Nature Reserve
• Ostrich Farm
• Cape Point Wine Estate
• Wine Estates in Constantia
• Kalk Bay Fishing village
• Horse riding on the beach in Noordhoek
• Cape Town attractions e.g. Table Mountain, Robben Island, shopping at the V & A Waterfront, The Castle, Kirsenbosch Botanical Gardens, Chapman's Peak Drive
Local attractions and activities in the Simonstown area
• The Penguin Colony and Boulders Beach
• Naval Base
• Naval and other museums in the village
• Simonstown historic mile
• Antique and bric a brac stores
• Restaurants and coffee shops
• Boat Trips
• Deep Sea Fishing
• Whale watching
• Shark cage diving
• Mineral World
• 9 Separate and local beaches
• Train station in the village
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
24 Mar 2014
"BANG for your BUCK- Worth every penny"
Stayed at this cottage for 6 days and with a family of 6, 3 adults 2 kids and an infant, the view from every room was remarkable. The house itself was beautifully furnished and the décor was up to da… More
17 Mar 2014
"Glorious Seaview Cottage"
While visiting our family stationed in Pretoria, we selected this seaview cottage for a four day stay in order to visit Cape Town, Table Mountain, Stollenbosch wineries and walk with penguins along th… More
You're booking with
Angie Leach (Property Manager Lets Unlimited)
- 6 Years listed
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- Cape Town
- 458 properties
- 23 properties
- Gordon's Bay
- 19 properties
- 19 properties
- Somerset West
- 19 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties