Sorry, that home is no longer available
Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
A stylish apartment close to Siena ancient city walls, still surrounded by olive groves and fields; ideal for visitors looking for a quite lodge. The farmhouse is part of a unique Liberty village built by Garibaldi's doctor in 1880. Local shops are at walking distance. In the surrounding area you will find horse riding facilities and country tracks for cycling and walking.
The three bedroom apartment has been recently renovated and fitted with wooden floors, stone bathrooms, typical countryside furnisher re-arranged with a modern touch. The apartment includes a scenic double height dining room with a stone staircase, fresco ceiling paints, a bedroom in the old sweetcorn room with a 360 degree view.
The property is 3 km from Siena. It could be done on foot, but the road is really steep. There is a good bus connection though.
In the property there are other two units, one of which is occupied by the owners.
These other units have a garden on the other side of the property.
• Bus service:
Number 30, 31 and 33 from "Piazza Gramsci" (Siena City Centre). Get off at "Costafabbri", then you need to walk approx 200 m: On the opposite side of the bus stop take the road going up toward "Ville di Corsano", then just after 50 m, take the first on the left on the bend. The house is at the end of the street.
• If you need a taxi you can call 0577 49222.
• Site seeing / museums.
• Horse riding.
• Bicycle riding.
• Thermal baths.
• Wineries visit and wine testing (Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile di Montapulciano).
• Traditional events: The Palio and other events connected to the Palio life during the year.
• Antique markets.
• Countryside town festivals during the whole year.
• Cooking lessons.
• Hot air balloon rides.
• Bird watching / wild life watching.
• Lake fishing.
• Helicopter touristic trips.
• Go kart.
• Hand gliding.
• Hystorical towns and villages: Siena, San Gimignano, San Galgano, Monteriggioni, Pienza, Montepulciano.
• Main Buildings / places:Piazza del Campo (Siena), Palazzo del Comune (Siena), Duomo di Siena.
• Museums:Pinacoteca Nazionale di Siena (Duccio di Buoninsegna, Sassetta), Museo Civico - Palazzo Comunale, Spedale Santa Maria della Scala (Medioeval hospital), Museo dell'Opera Metropolitana, National Archeological Museum, Contemporary gallery - Palazzo delle Papesse, Natural History Museum - Accademia dei Fiosiocritici, Museums of the Contradas, Holy art museum - Oratorio di San Bernardino e Museo Diocesano d'arte sacra.
• Other cultural institutions:Accademia Musicale Chigiana - school of music, Rinnovati Theatre, Rozzi Theatre.
• Wineries (Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile di Montapulciano).
• Thermal baths: Bagni Vignone.
• Bothanical garden.
• Seaside: 90 Km. Castiglione della Pescaia, Follonica, Punta Ala
Villa Cennina Golf Club. Sovicille.
Esse Golf Club. Bettolle.
Villa Gori Golf Club. Via Marciano.
Abbadia Golf Club. Colle Val D'Elsa.
Castiglion del Bosco. Opening 2010.
Parking available on the property.
Garage available on request.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
- 167 properties
- 95 properties
- Gaiole in Chianti
- 94 properties
- Casole d'Elsa
- 88 properties
- 66 properties
- 64 properties
- Castellina in Chianti
- 60 properties
- Castelnuovo Berardenga
- 55 properties
- Colle di Val d'Elsa
- 49 properties
- 47 properties
- Monteroni d'Arbia
- 47 properties
- 44 properties
- 38 properties
- 28 properties
- San Carlo Terme
- 20 properties
- 19 properties
- 19 properties
- 11 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties