Bell Cottage - bellcot
Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Bell Cottage is a newly refurbished two bedroom upside down cottage, situated just outside the town of Sidmouth, in close reach of the surrounding countryside, town centre and the Jurassic Coast.
Internally, the cottage offers open plan living areas with extensive countryside views and two bedrooms, each with their own en-suite bathroom. Externally, there is a communal garden area with seating from which the farmland views can be enjoyed.
The nearby town of Sidmouth is one of the prettiest seaside towns of Devon, enjoying period 18th and 19th century architecture, floral displays and a welcoming atmosphere all year-round. The town is fiercely proud of its selection of traditional and independent shops, which are a refreshing break from the hum-drum high street multiples found in so many towns across the UK.
For family groups of up to 8, the adjoining property – Oak Cottage – can be booked.
Please note: This property accepts bookings of a Friday - Friday changeover all year round. Short breaks can be accepted as long as they do not overlap the changeover day.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, CD player|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
- Situated on the first floor.
- Open plan kitchen/living/dining area furnished with two sofas seating four, electric coal effect fire and a Juliet balcony with extensive farmland views.
- Features a Sony flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD and CD player.
- Dining area furnished with a table and four chairs, sideboard and a window with views over the countryside.
- Features an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, washer dryer and dishwasher.
- Full range of utensils and appliances including a microwave, toaster and kettle.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Situated on the ground floor.
- Furnished with a double bed, fitted wardrobe and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Complete with views over the open fields and farmland from the windows.
- En-suite featuring a bath, wash basin, wc, heated towel rail, mirror and shaver point.
Bedroom two with en-suite
- Situated on the ground floor.
- Furnished with twin beds, fitted wardrobes and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Window with extensive open field and farmland views.
- En-suite with shower cubicle, wc, wash basin, heated towel rail, wall cabinet and mirror.
- En-suite to bedroom one features a bath, wash basin, wc, heated towel rail, mirror and shaver point.
- En-suite to bedroom two with shower cubicle, wc, wash basin, heated towel rail, wall cabinet and mirror.
|Further details outdoors|
- Extensive farmland views from the cottage.
- Garden area furnished with bench which is shared with the adjoining cottage.
- Off-street parking for two cars.
- Just a short distance from the town of Sidmouth and the beach.
- Ideally placed to explore the historic Jurassic Coast.
The West Country region
Devon is known for its unspoilt coastline, its natural landscape, and of course its cream teas and other local specialities. It has lots to offer including historical attractions like the homes of Sir Francis Drake and Agatha Christie, or for natural history fans you can take a trip down to the Jurassic Coast. There are also festivals galore, including sheep racing, and activities such as go-kart racing and assault courses at the various adventure centres.
Great for walking, relaxing, and exploring one of England's most unspoilt regions.
Although there are no beaches in Plymouth, there are many spectacular beaches within a short drive of the City. Here is a selection of the best beaches within the area: Looe – East, Seaton (Near Looe), North Sands (Salcombe) and South Sands (Salcombe). Alternatively, if you do fancy a dip without leaving Plymouth, why not visit the historic Tinside Lido. Since undergoing a £3.4million refurbishment in 2003, the open air seawater pool has been restored to its former glory. It is built in stunning Art Deco style and is situated on the Hoe. The pool is open during summer months.
In September South Devon hosts a walking festival with a wide variety of activities taking place. For more information on the festival please see http://www.southdevonwalkingfestival.co.uk/.
The Barbican is close by where you can meander the cobbled streets with individual specialty shops, craft work shops and art galleries. Many local artists have won global reputations, including Beryl Cook, Lee Woods, Brian Pollard and the late Robert Lenkiewicz. There are also many interesting old pubs and cafes to visit.
If you fancy a dip then the Art Deco Tinside Lido is close by, and the beaches of Bigbury and Whitsand Bay are just a short drive away. Why not catch the Cremyl ferry across to Mount Edgecombe Park and discover the hidden Cornish villages of Cawsand and Kingsand with their quaint old streets and family beaches?
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:24 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- Lyme Regis
- 149 properties
- 140 properties
- Blackdown Hills
- 111 properties
- 95 properties
- 95 properties
- 92 properties
- 91 properties
- 88 properties
- 85 properties
- 71 properties
- Seaton, Devon
- 62 properties
- 55 properties
- 45 properties
- 42 properties
- Budleigh Salterton
- 26 properties
- 24 properties
- 22 properties
- 21 properties
- Ottery St Mary
- 17 properties
- 8 properties