other travellers have booked this property online using Holiday Lettings Payments. When you book your rental using Holiday Lettings payments you are covered by Payment Protection
Cottage | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Weavers Barn is a delightful 1 bedroom detached and self contained house set in the gardens of a Tudor Thatched Cottage.
Located 4 miles from the historic village of Much Wenlock and in one of the most beautiful and sought after holiday locations of Shropshire, there are stunning 180 degree views from the main cottage gardens of the entire length of the Wenlock Edge and The Brown Clee Hill in the far distance.
Weavers Barn has it's own small and cosy garden area and charcoal barbecue, table and chairs exclusively for guests, but if you would prefer to take full advantage of the views there is full access to 1 acre of gardens of the main cottage.
There are two typical local country pubs within three miles, both of which serve good honest food and local beers.
If you enjoy horses and would like to see The Wenlock Edge and surrounding countryside from the saddle there is the bustling Wenlock Edge Riding Centre where they cater for all levels of experience and confidence.
For Walkers, we are surrounded by an extensive network of footpaths and are close to Church Stretton and The Long Mynd where within minutes you could be in another part of the country with 360 degree views of the whole of Shropshire!
And, for the 'shoppers and foodies' we are 8 miles from the beautiful capital market town of Shrewsbury which boasts major Chain Stores and Restaurants with as many more small Independents tucked away down the medieval streets and alleyways around the castle walls.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Biringham 40 km, Nearest railway: Shrewsbury 15 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 1|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared garden, BBQ|
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
11 Aug 2014
"Relaxing, cozy and friendly"
The cottage is situated in lovely countryside location. Much Wenlock is a scenic village a few miles down the road which has numerous pubs and restaraunts available to visit. Shrewsbury is also a must… More
8 Aug 2014
This place was a real find. We booked last minute as we were looking to extend our stay in the area for a few days. Jeanne was beyond helpful with the late arrangements, and when we arrived we was ove… More
4 Aug 2014
Beautiful cottage equipped with everything you need and more, location is rural with a pretty church within walking distance, great selection of pubs and restaurants in Much Wenlock which is only a sh… More
4 Aug 2014
Absolutely fantastic hidden gem, we fell in love with the property and didn't want to leave. The place is very clean and well equipped. The family are lovely and were happy to advise on places to… More
16 Jul 2014
We spent a much needed relaxing weekend here at Weavers Barn. The cottage was snug and cosy and had bags of character. The cottage is owned by a friendly couple and their family who were very helpful.… More
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and its a pleasure to be hosts to such a nice and considerate couple
28 Jun 2014
Very picturesque location Peaceful and isolated.Looked idyllic just what we were looking for on our long weekend break.Inside first impressions were good,however,we had arrived late evening so did not… More
We have been extremely hurt and upset by your unnecessarily negative comments. As you can see by the photographs before you booked, it is a very old cottage set in the grounds of an even older Tudor Thatched Cottage. It has recently been converted as a holiday home, and this is the first year of letting and you were the 9th couple to stay. Everyone else who has stayed has been thoroughly pleased, with no negative comments whatsoever, except for 1 review which constructively suggested that we could include bedside tables for those who wanted to read.
However, the extremely negative comments to be posted on this website from you are upsetting to us as you were asked to confirm that you were happy with everything, and if in any way we could help further to enhance your enjoyment and stay with us.
None of the items in your complaint were mentioned.
We are happy to take on board constructive criticism such as TV signal.
To clarify matters I will address the individual matters of complaint in the order contained in your review.
1. No Wardrobe or anywhere to hang clothes - There is no wardrobe due to the limited space, but there is space to hang coats and jackets in the lobby leading to the shower room, with 4 new wooden hangers provided. There is also a built-in hanging space in 2 cupboards next to the shower cubicle, with a hinged fold-down hanging bar to enable double use of the cupboard and enable the storage of larger items if necessary (maybe not immediately obvious, but not totally hidden out of sight...)
2. TV had little reception- There is limited TV reception in the local area, and we suffer ourselves with this in the main house, as we do not have satellite, but in context to your first comment of your review of the property being "peaceful and isolated", this is the sacrifice for peace and isolation, that we do suffer with poor reception for mobile phone internet, and TV.
However we are aware of this and have instructed an aerial engineer to install a dedicated aerial for the property to try and improve the situation.
3. Wifi virtually non existant- As above
4. Could do with a bigger bed.- This is subjective depending on the size of the person, but no-one else has complained about it, and it is the ideal size to not completely fill the room, and furthermore it is a genuine antique Victorian iron bed, and the largest size available from that period, in comparison to modern standards.
5. Probably needs a fresh mattress- This is probably again a subjective comment depending on whether you like your bed to be hard or soft, and we thought that in keeping with the cottage that a good soft mattress would be preferred, although it is a soft mattress it is only 2 years old, and other visitors have commented how comfortable it is.
6. Cleanliness - lots of cobwebs and dust- This is the most offensive comment as we both work to clean it meticulously, after one guest leaves and prior to the arrival of the next guest, to make sure that everything is perfect for their arrival. This includes the obvious dusting of surfaces, and dusting around the oak beams with a feather duster to remove as many cobwebs as possible. There is no dust!
7. Dirty carpet- This we find very confusing, as there are no carpets, only oak flooring downstairs, reclaimed softwood tongue and groove upstairs and ceramic tiling to the bathroom... (see photos), and therefore we find it difficult to make any further comment.
8. Poor quality towels-The towels are all previously used as would be expected in any hotel or residence, but of original very high quality, and are freshly laundered for each new guest.
9. No washing machine or clothes dryer or iron/board- We considered that as people were generally only staying for weekend bookings, and there is limited space in the cottage, the washing machine would not be as necessary as the dish washer which we put in its place. We do say to guest that if required, they are free to use the main house laundry room, which also contains ironing board and iron etc. (which on 2 occasions this season people have done so without complaint)
We would have preferred addressing this matter directly with you prior to publication of your comments as we did not wish to get involved in a slanging match on the internet regarding a matter which could have quite easily been dealt with at source directly with you if they had spoken to us face to face, or responded to our questions when asked if everything was to your satisfaction.
Once again I would like to reiterate just how upset myself and my wife are and I wish this could have been resolved without damaging our new and fragile business.
Finally, may I suggest that your choice of holiday accommodation should not be a remote country cottage, but somewhere more modern such as one of the newer hotels in Shrewsbury (or wherever) i.e. a Travelodge or Holiday Inn where you would find all the modern facilities you require, but I think you would be expected to pay more than our daily rate for the equivalent stay per person for 1 room rather than a whole cottage.
19 Jun 2014
"A charming cottage in a delightful setting"
Weavers Barn is a fine conversion which we much enjoyed. The directions given by the owners to find the accommodation were clear and we were made very welcome on arrival. It is a comfortable buildin… More
It was a pleasure having you, and we do our best to please our guests and make sure their stay is as enjoyable as possible. We would love to see you return to stay with us.
30 May 2014
"Idyllic Rural Retreat"
A beautiful historic cottage, in a peaceful location. Lovely modern conveniences in the cottage, yet without losing the character of the old barn. Just delightful, and the owner was very helpful and… More
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have now sorted out the issues you found with the wifi, and have installed a booster for our future guests. Best wishes.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:29 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- 74 properties
- 60 properties
- Church Stretton
- 52 properties
- 50 properties
- 49 properties
- 33 properties
- 32 properties
- Bishop's Castle
- 32 properties
- Craven Arms
- 28 properties
- 25 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Market Drayton
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties