Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Fancy a break?
Victoria Cottage Settle
Why not visit our luxury holiday cottage in the Yorkshire Dales, our 'home from home'. Victoria cottage is situated in Upper Settle, a beautiful historic market town. Whether your stay is long or short our cottage offers you a warm and comfortable stay, with all the modern facilities, including a luxury hot tub! a perfect retreat to relax and unwind.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Manchester 108 km, Nearest railway: Settle 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors||
Sleeps 4 - Modern Decoration
• Open all year - short breaks available
• Beautiful location
• Lovely rural walks from the house
• Quaint market town
• Wealth of restaurants and pubs
• 2 bedrooms
• Exposed beams
• Comfortable living and dining area
• Gas effect wood burning stove
• Fully fitted kitchen with modern appliances
• Bathroom - 3 piece suite with separate shower
• Luxury hot tub!
• No smokers or pets
Northern England region
Located in the heart of Ribblesdale, Settle offers excellent walking country and the opportunity to explore the many scars, cliffs, and caves that the area is renowned for. The three peaks beckon for the more adventurous, Whernside, Ingleborough and Penyghent all around 700 metres high are probably the most popular outdoor areas in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The Lake District, Trough of Bowland and the West Coast are also only a short drive away.
For those who prefer a more relaxing activity, the Settle - Carlise line can be joined at Settle station. This will take you over the famous Ribblehead viaduct, through the spectacular Dales scenery to the Eden valley and Carlisle.
- Three Peaks - Enjoy the challenge with friends & family! once conquered reward yourself with a hearty meal and drinks a plenty! ending the day with a soak in the hot tub at Victoria Cottage!
- Malham Cove
- White Scar Caves (great activity on a rainy day!)
- The Settle - Carlisle railway
- The museum of North Craven Life (housed in the Folly, an impressive 17th century house close to the market place)
- The Horses Health Farm Visitor Centre
- Watershed Mill - choose from a large range of locally made souvenirs, or try the intoxicating taste of the Dales at the Yorkshire Real Ale Shop!
- Stainforth Waterfall (a great a day out for all the family and if the sun is shining a picnic by the riverside is a must!)
- Castleberg Hill (enjoy a panoramic view of Settle and nearby villages of Giggleswick, Langcliffe and Stainforth)
To find out more simply scroll down........
This delightful market town in Ribblesdale is surrounded by stunning scenery and features quaint historic buildings, a wealth of walks, a lively open-air market every Tuesday, a large variety of specialist shops, tearooms, and plenty of pubs and restaurants. A leisurely stroll around the village will simply blow away your cares and troubles!
Places to Eat & Drink
- The Shambles Fish Bar & Restaurant
- Bar Thirteen (Internet Access)
- Ye Old Naked Man Cafe
- Poppies Tea Room (tucked away down a quiet cobbled street just off the market square)
- Red Loin Hotel
- Talbot Hotel
- Royal Oak Hotel
- Cricket Club
- Social Club
- Rugby Club
- Ravenous - highly recommended
- Ruchee Curry House
- Little House
If you wish to venture out of Settle for a bite to eat but don't fancy taking the car, the peaceful village of Giggleswick is only a ten minute walk away, just across the river ribble. This small town has two pubs, and historic church; all surrounded by beautiful 17th century cottages. If you are looking for a light refreshment, why not pop into the dinky 'postman pat' post office!
Fancy a cosy night in instead ? take yourself down to the local supermarket, Booths just opposite the Cricket Club. It's a completely different experience to usual 'big shop' back at home! A relaxed pleasant atmosphere where people take the time to say hello! Don't miss Saturday afternoon 3pm while 5pm for the beer and wine tasting!
Settle also hosts a number of events throughout the year, and even boasts its own theatre - Victoria Hall, a recently restored Grade 2 listed music hall. Also just across the river ribble is the local indoor swimming pool.
The tourist information centre is located right in the middle of the market square if you wish to find out about more activities within the area.
Relax, enjoy and have fun!