Gite | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Ann & Ivan Burton welcome you La Fouetterie – a gîte located in the beautiful farmland of the Loire Valley.
Recently renovated and converted this detached cottage sleeps 4. The gîte is close to the owner's property but enjoys a private patio with barbecue and private parking.
The gîte is designed for easy access by persons of limited mobility with kitchen, bathroom and a bedroom on the ground floor.
This is a non smoking accommodation and pets are not accepted. The accommodation may be booked weekly / self catering, or subject to availability it may be booked on a daily basis to provide bed & continental breakfast accommodation.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, Video player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Fully fitted with gas cooker, extractor, refrigerator, ample cupboard storage and table seating four.
Leading through from the kitchen to the living room. Door to the private patio and car parking.
Seating for six, television, view over the front of La Fouetterie and fields. Access to second bedroom and bathroom. Stairs to main bedroom.
King-size bed. En suite wc with washbasin.
Two single beds and accessible by persons of limited mobility.
Shower/wet-room and wc.
The property also contains an electric fan for guests use
|Further details outdoors|
There is a kids plastic plunge pool (about 3 feet high) Also sun loungers x 2 with cashions, 5 acres of playing space for children. Lakes for picnics close, also horse riding. Saumur is also the equestrian school of France with shows daily from the Cadre Noir. Puy du fue is a theme park but not with rides, it has sets from film shows like the Three Musketeers, the Roman gladiators with real animals, lions, tigers, with horses, geese, hyenas and chariot races, birds of prey shows with buzzards, eagles and owles Well worth a day visit with a picnic. Local chateaux visits a must. with picturesque gardens.
The gite is very well eqipped with everything clean linen, towels ready to move into. Please telephone before to 0033 241 53 25 80 to see availability if only one or two nights required we guarantee you will get a warm welcome and more than likely return as lots of happy clients who already have. We also have an arrival gift of some of the local wines to taste. Our visitors book has lots of very nice comments from happy clients, so we are always trying to make your stay a memorable one! The television has english sattelite and lots of videos to watch. Close to the gite 5 mins away bread shop, supermarkets and in the main town of Saumur ten mins away lots of very nice restaurants, wine tasting, local bicycles for hire and lots of cycle paths for the healthy type. I have a list of golf courses within one hour drive.
The Loire Valley region
The ideal destination for families, friends or couple - breathtaking scenery, great weather and a relaxing ambiance.
La Fouetterie is located on the outskirts of the small village of Vivy and is only 20 minutes drive from Saumur and 40 minutes from Angers.
Places to go, things to do:
* Le Cadre Noir de Saumur (The Ecole Nationale d’Equitation):Saumur – the Ecole Nationale d’Equitation is the premier riding school in France and the Cadre Noir is the teaching body of instructors. Open to the public with guided visits and riding displays.
* l’Abbaye Royale de Fontevraud Saumur – Abbey of Fontevraud. Burial place of Henry II, Eleanor of Aquitaine and Richard the Lionheart. Thirty minutes drive from La Fouetterie
* The Chateau & gardens of Villandry - Near Tours Villandry has some of the most beatiful gardens in France. One hour from La Fouetterie.
* Le Mans 24-hour Race - Located just south of Le Mans the 24-hour race is unique in the motor sport calendar. One hour drive from La Fouetterie
* Golf in Bauge - The golf course at Bauge is rated as one of the top ten courses in France. Only 30 minutes from La Fouetterie.
* Puy du Fou - This amazing theme park in Western Loire, south-east of Nantes, is based on history and features many spectacular shows.
* Holly Park - Theme park with roller coaster, electric cars and special attractions for the very young. Restaurant on site. Open April until September.
* Horse riding - The La Landelle Equestrian Centre offers rides in the Chandelais Forest for all levels of ability.