About the home
Situated in beautiful countryside within easy reach of medieval towns and villages, chateaux and vineyards.
The property consists of two sympathetically restored barns:
Le Grenier is 16th Century and retains the original beams and vaulted ceilings with 2 air-conditioned double bedrooms - one with a king size bed and the other twin-bedded. The spacious bathroom has a large walk-in shower rather than a bath. The gite is all on one floor with extra wide hallway and doors for wheelchair access.
Maison d'Hibou has 4 air-conditioned double bedrooms with vaulted ceilings - two with double beds (one en-suite) and two twin-bedded. There is also a family bathroom with bath and shower and a downstairs cloakroom.
Both gites have spacious open-plan lounge/dining areas and fully fitted kitchens, each with it's own terrace area with sufficient patio furniture and views over the courtyard, garden and surrounding countryside.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||La Rochelle, 220km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 8km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
Has all the facilities...
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, CD player, Pool / Snooker table, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Parking space|
Further details outdoors:
Patio table & chairs provided.
There is adequate parking for up to 5 vehicles in the car park within the walled area of the property.
The lawns are large enough for badminton nets to be erected (not provided).
There is a set of boules available.
There are four bicycles of various sizes available for use off the property (safety helmets etc are not provided).
Normally, bookings are only taken for Saturday to Saturday.
Please bring your own towels for use by the pool.
It is a policy that all males wear 'speedo'-type trunks in the pool. Cut-off jeans and baggy shorts cannot be allowed due to annual, regional water shortages.
Electricity is included in rental costs.
Welcome pack including tea, coffee, sugar and wine is provided.
Whilst there is no smoking allowed in the properties or games room, ashtrays are provided for external use.
On receipt of a completed Booking Form your holiday will be reserved for up to 10 days pending receipt of your deposit which confirms your reservation.
A deposit of 25% of the cost of the property rental is required and is non-refundable.
The outstanding balance, together with a security deposit of £100 per gite is payable 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday.
Any breakages or damage to the property must be notified. The security deposit is repayable within 2 weeks of the end of your holiday less any deductions made for damage or breakages.
If the client has not opted for the final cleaning service then the property must be left as it was found on arrival. otherwise an amount equivalent to the cleaning fee will be deducted.
The accommodation will not be available until 4.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure.
Prices include electricity, water, bed linen and internal towels. Clients must bring their own towels for use by the pool.
No smoking is allowed in the gites or games room but ashtrays are provided for external use.
Under 14's must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult when using either the swimming pool or games room.
Pets are not permitted.
Our full Terms and Conditions can be found on our website.
The Loire Valley / Maine-et-Loire region
Often called the 'Garden of France' the Loire Valley is an enchanted land of vineyards, flowers and rolling green hills dotted with more than 1000 chateaux. It has many medieval towns and villages steeped in history and a lot to offer visitors and it's gentle pace of life is a step back through history.
The stretch of the Loire from Chinon to Angers, which passes through Saumur, is particularly lovely. Of great interest are the Troglodyte dwellings carved out of the cliffs.
• Saumur – 25 minutes: a beautiful town with cafes, restaurants, shops, boat trips along the Loire.
• Chinon – 35 minutes: fabulous medieval streets with half-timbered houses overlooked by it’s superb fortress. A large brocante is held on the 3rd Sunday of each month along the banks of the River Vienne.
• Tours – 1 hour: the largest city in the Loire valley it has a famous medieval district and a beautiful 12th Century cathedral.
• Montsoreau – 15 minutes: on a quiet stretch of the river near the confluence of the Loire and Vienne, it is classed as one of the most beautiful villages in France with attractions including the old troglodyte village and a brocante market on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
• Candes Saint Martin – 20 minutes: another beautiful village renowned for the 12th century chapel Saint Martin with many statues decorating it’s facade and the stained glass windows tracing the story of the relics of Saint Martin. Don’t miss the walk along the Chemin du Panorama to the viewpoint above the village overlooking a particularly beautiful stretch of the River Loire.
• Langeais – 45 minutes: On its own this chateau would merit 5 stars and is almost fully furnished and in such a style as to recall some of the better National Trust properties in the UK.
The Saumur area
• Brocantes: Montreuil Bellay 1st Sunday of each month, Montsoreau 2nd Sunday, Chinon 3rd Sunday, Saumur 4th Sunday, Azay le Rideau 5th Sunday
• Markets: Saumur every Saturday, Thouars every Friday
• Vineyards: Tasting and purchase of the superb local Saumur wines – there are 13 vineyards within 5km plus many more
• Chateaux: Montreuil Bellay, Breze, Ternay, Langeais, Villandry, Usse, Azay le Rideau, Chenonceau, Blois, Amboise plus Fontevraud Abbey.
• Zoos: Doue la Fontaine and La Fleche
• Adventure: Puy du Fou, Parc des Vallees, Saint-Benoit Aventure
• Shopping: Saumur, Angers, Tours, Poitiers
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Brittany Ferries: Between Portsmouth and Caen/St Malo/Cherbourg, Plymouth and St Malo, Poole and Cherbourg.
P&O: Between Dover and Calais.
LD Lines: Between Portsmouth and Le Havre.
Ryanair: Between Nottingham East Midlands and Nantes, London Stansted and Poitiers/Tours/Nantes, Shannon and Nantes. Dublin and Nantes.
Eurotunnel: half hourly crossings between Folkstone and Calais.
Eurostar from St Pancras, London to Lille and Lille to Angers/Saumur.
Car Hire 3000 and Hertz at Poitiers/Tours/Nantes Airports
Directions by car will be sent by EMail following receipt of Booking Form
Activities near Saumur
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
15 Nov 2011
My wife and I have spent very many holidays at gites in France over the past forty years but never in ones as good as these. On this occasion we were with our eldest son, his wife and our two... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 12|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|May||11 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 1050||-||-||1 Week|
|June||1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 1375||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer||29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 1590||-||-||1 Week|
|September||31 Aug 13||14 Sep 13||£ 1375||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Refundable security deposit of £100 per property is payable with the final balance payment (ie £200 for both gites).
Optional cleaning charge of £50.
We accept payment by bank transfer in either GBP or Euros - details will be sent following receipt of booking form.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in France and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2011. This gite has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Maison d'Hibou in Saumur, France
Le Grenier in Saumur, France
Holiday accommodation in France (11,440)