The Wine Store, La Coyere
About the home
Set in our picturesque farmhouse courtyard, The Wine Store Is well equipped and tastefully furnished. There Is a private garden area with table and chairs and BBQ provided. Bikes are available free of charge to explore the local area and we also have a covered Boules Court, have a go at one of Frances' favourite past times. Tranquil surroundings for relaxing around the decked terrace by the pool, easy access to all that the area has to offer. Book a Wine Tasting Tour with us to explore some exceptional vineyards in the area and sample their wines without the worry of drinking and driving.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedroom|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
|Family friendly?||Not suitable for children|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 2, Lounge seating for 2|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
Further details indoors:
Renovated to provide an open-plan layout retaining exposed beams and an open tread staircase.
- A solid oak modern, well equipped kitchen.
- Dining space and a living area with comfy sofa.
- Information folder contains ideas for things to do or see.
- Free connection to Wi-Fi.
Further details outdoors:
La Coyere nestles in a quiet rural hamlet, in 3.5 acres of meadow.
- 9m x 4m swimming pool surrounded by a large decked terrace area.
- Sunloungers provided for your relaxation and table & chairs with sun umbrella.
- Covered Boules Court.
- Ample Covered Parking.
- Private garden area with garden furniture and BBQ.
- Bicycles available free of charge to explore the local area.
- A few "essentials are Provided for your arrival (milk, tea, coffee, sugar, homemade cakes or biscuits, bottle of wine).
- Owners live on site.
- Linen and towels provided, please bring towels for pool use and outside.
- Unfortunately no pets accepted as we have Jack, a very good natured Cocker Spaniel.
- Non refundable deposit required at the time of booking to secure your holiday dates.
- Balance payment due 8 weeks before your holiday.
- Refundable security deposit of £100 payable with balance payment, refunded promptly after departure,
subject to satisfactory property inspection.
- Property suitable only for non-mobile infants.
The Loire Valley / Maine-et-Loire region
Often called the 'Garden of France' for its temperate climate, the Loire Valley is an enchanted land of vineyards, sunflowers and rolling green hills, dotted with more than a thousand Chateaux. In 2000, UNESCO added the central part of the Loire Valley to its prestigious list of World Heritage sites.
The Saumur area
Home to the Cadre Noir, known for its annual horse shows. There is a tank museum, the Musée des Blindes, with more than 850 armoured vehicles. High above the town, the 14th century Chateau houses the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, an impressive collection of European china and the Musée du Cheval, progressing through the evolution of bridles and stirrups to an amazing and diverse saddlery collection. Also visit the troglodyte dwellings carved out of the cliffs, the Musée de Champignons, underground caves used to grow 70% of France’s mushrooms and enjoy a guided tour of the sparkling wine tuffeau caves, taste the local wines and buy direct. Le Mans, Tours, Angers and Poitiers are all within a reasonable drive, offering a wealth of attractions and things to do.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
* Cross the Channel by ferry;
Dover to Calais & Boulogne, approximate 6.5 hour drive, www.POferries.com or
www.SeaFrance.com or www.LDlines.co.uk.
Portsmouth to Caen, approximate 3.5 hour drive, www.Brittany-Ferries.co.uk
* Arrive in France via the Channel Tunnel, www.Eurotunnel.com, approximate 6.5 hour drive.
* Fly to Tours airport, cheap flights from www.Ryanair.co. Depart London Stansted or Dublin to Tours.
Hire a car, low cost Hertz Rentals available through Ryan Air, one hours drive to La Coyere.
Activities near Saumur
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
12 May 2013
We had such a lovely stay at 'The Wine' store in April this year. Claire, John and Jack were perfect hosts and made us feel so welcome from the start. It was very peaceful with beautiful... more
05 May 2013
My wife and I have just returned from an excellent stay at La Coyere. We would recommended to everyone, the accommodation is well maintained and has a charming rustic feel to it. Claire and John are... more
08 Oct 2012
After a sad and hectic few months my husband and I we were looking for somewhere to relax and unwind. We couldn't have chosen better than the wine store. It was spotlessly clean with tasteful decor. Caire and John were the perfect hosts - helpful but not imposing and Jake the dog was well behaved and adorable. I'm not keen on dogs, but he won me over!.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 2|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|April to June||10 Apr 10||26 Jun 10||£ 325||-||-||1 Week|
|July & August||26 Jun 10||4 Sep 10||£ 425||-||-||1 Week|
|September & October||4 Sep 10||6 Nov 10||£ 325||-||-||1 Week|
|November to March||6 Nov 10||27 Mar 11||£ 295||-||-||1 Week|
|April to June||27 Mar 11||26 Jun 11||£ 340||-||-||1 Week|
|July & August||26 Jun 11||4 Sep 11||£ 446||-||-||1 Week|
|September & October||4 Sep 11||30 Oct 11||£ 340||-||-||1 Week|
|November to February||30 Oct 11||26 Feb 12||£ 310||-||-||1 Week|
|March to June||26 Feb 12||1 Jul 12||£ 357||-||-||1 Week|
|July & August||1 Jul 12||2 Sep 12||£ 468||-||-||1 Week|
|September & October||2 Sep 12||4 Nov 12||£ 357||-||-||1 Week|
|November to March||4 Nov 12||30 Mar 13||£ 200||-||-||1 Week|
|April to June||30 Mar 13||29 Jun 13||£ 375||-||-||1 Week|
|July & August||29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 495||-||-||1 Week|
|September to December||31 Aug 13||1 Jan 14||£ 375||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- Payment accepted by cheque or PayPal (additional 4% charge).
- £100 refundable security deposit required with balance payment.
- B&B accepted by arrangement.
- Short Breaks available, please see our website.
- Three or Four course meal, including aperitif, wine and coffee, available on your evening of arrival and
by arrangement during your stay.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
3 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in France and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This gite has received 18 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
La Coyere in Saumur, France
The Cottage, La Coyere in Saumur, France
Holiday accommodation in France (11,685)