RASTIGNAC - Le Balconnet
from £80 /night help
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
The “Le Balconnet”, an apartment for two people (38 square meters) situated on the second and third floors of a 17th century building at 8, cour des Fontaines in one of the most attractive parts of the medieval town.
Designed on the lines of an artist's studio, the apartment combines tradition and modernity. From its magnificent balcony the unique will immerse you in the atmosphere of the Middle Ages! On the second floor there is a bright living-room and a vintage-style kitchen on the cathedral side. On the floor above you will find a bedroom with two single beds which can be put together on request and an elegant bathroom with Italian-style shower.
A rare experience!
Reversible air- conditioning. Free unlimited Wifi access, satellite TV and DVD. Laundry room available.
Local taxes 0.33€ per day and per person
- the possibility of paying by credit card, cheque, holiday vouchers or in cash
- a personal welcome folder and an escort to your apartment as well as advice on local visits and restaurants not to be missed - the possibility of assistance 6 days a week (7 in the event of an emergency)
- we can supply a cleaning service on request, for an extra charge
- house, bed and bath linen supplied,
- tourist leaflets and books,
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Dordogne 12 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Brive 40 km, Nearest railway: Sarlat 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Cots (1)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
The Dordogne region
With more than a thousand and one castles, and numerous villages classed as being the most beautiful in France, The Dordogne is a major tourist attraction.
Sarlat is also registered as being within a remarkable cultural environment due to its proximity to some of the most prestigious sites – Lascaux, Beynac, Domme, La Roque, Gageac – as well as chateaux, abbeys and some breathtaking public gardens.
Dordogne is the 3rd largest department in France. It enjoys a varied and temperate climate, even though the winters might be a bit colder than in the UK.The average temperature during summertime is 30°C and the first frosts usually appaer at the end of October.
Sarlat, a town of art and history, is part of a European network. The town is engaged in heightening public awareness of both inhabitants and tourists towards its environment, to initiate an appreciation in the young for architecture and urbanism. The organisers in charge of the town's heritage, in association with the future museum's curator, have set up an action programme for the year : themed visits, development of guides, competitive games, heritage days and nights, exhibitions. The town is not only appealing : its history is fascinating.
Since over a thousand years, the town has developed around an important Benedictine abbey, built during the roman period, in the 12th century, erected as a diocese in the 14th century. The town of consuls, nobles and tradesmen, became one of jurists and clerks who surrounded the bishop.
After the wars of 100 Years', Religion and the Fronde, from the 14th to 17th century, the town rediscovered its golden age, thanks to the “noblesse de robe” and their high magistrates who exercised royal justice for the Presidial. They smartened up Sarlat with new and grand dwellings built with towers, symbols of the noblesse. This was also the period of the Humanists.
La Boetie was born here and was initiated very early to the spirit of the Renaissance. Jean Tarde, the bishop's right-hand man, met Galilee in Florence and remained in contact with him for his astronomical experiences. Fenelon, a private tutor, was employed as priest in Sarlat, by his uncle, bishop of the diocese.
More recently, the creation of the “Festival des Jeux du Théâtre” in 1952 gave a new momentum to the town. Personalities became conscious of the interest raised towards its heritage, rediscovered by performers of stage and film. Sarlat was the first town to apply the “Loi Malraux” (Mulraux Law) voted for in 1962 to restore the historic centres, “the protected sectors”. It was a second rebirth.
Our vacation rental is inside the historical centre of Sarlat. an opportunity to stay in one of France's most beautiful and fascinating locations
Sarlat is also a town of culture by way of its numerous festivals, concerts and exhibitions.
- Sarlat, the patron of musicians, sculpters, street artists and creators, distinguished and some well-known names. Carzou, Bernard Buffet, Weisbuch, O'Galop, Cocteau, Combas - but also local artists with great reputations, Alain Carrier, and even the architect, Jean Nouvel.
- Sarlat, natural decor for the seventh art : the reason being due to its beautiful landscapes and its rich heritage, Sarlat is a region used often as a film location for directors of period movies. Amongst some of the latest big screen productions one can cite “Les Miserables”, "Les Dames Galantes" ("Gallant Ladies"), "La Fille de d'Artagnan" ("d'Artagnan's Daughter"), "Cendrillon" ("Cinderella'") and even "Jeanne d'Arc" ("Joan of Arc").
- The "Festival du Film" of Sarlat : the cinema holds a place in the cultural life of the locals. The festival of cinema unfolds each year in November in the capital of the Périgord Noir. It reunites a number of actors and stars from the big screen, directors, producers and technicians bringing in more than 800 young students of Terminale “option cinema” from France and overseas.
- The "Festival des Jeux du Théâtre" of Sarlat : with Avignon, this is the oldest festival in France, and opens in mid-July and runs to the beginning of August, within a remarkable natural enclosure, at the heart of the medieval city. Marked by a strict tradition, it has always appealed to directors in presenting performances of superior quality.
Truffles, foie gras, wid mushrooms like cepes, girolles and morels, nuts, confits (meats preserved in fat) and fine country meats, chestnuts, strawberries, liquors and brandies… just some of the wonderful jewels of this land's gourmet cuisine.
On this land of the “Good Life” it is with convivial spirit that local recipes are passed on from generation to generation and have contributed to a gastronomic reputation that justifies in itself the influx of visitors received from around the world.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
31 Aug 2014
"Corrections à faire"
Nous avons bien apprécié notre séjour au Balconnet, l'appartement est idéalement situé et bien aménagé, les problèmes vécus par l'internaute qui a fait la première critique sont to… More
22 Jun 2013
"Lovely location, unfunctional kitchen!!"
The apartment is in a wonderful location, in the centre of beautiful Sarlat but overlooking a quiet square on one side and the cathedral on the other. The kitchen area has been designed to look good b… More
You're booking with
Philippe Lecerf (Property Manager Transimmo.fr)
- 6 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:09 Jun 2014
Based in France
- 1801 properties
- 444 properties
- 387 properties
- 180 properties
- 172 properties
- 81 properties
- 18 properties
- Correze Village
- 7 properties
- 6 properties