Le Gîte Barry
from £94 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £94 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
House / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Availability Your dates are available
House / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
The Gite Barry for 4 people (60 square meters), situated in the historic centre at 5, rue Barry and close to all the main tourist attractions.
The house is comprised of:
• a ground-floor traditional-style bedroom with double bed, en suite bathroom and W.C.
• on the first floor, a living room with several architectural features, a fitted kitchen with dining space and a living area with large open fireplace
• on the top floor, a charming attic bedroom with double bed and en suite bathroom and W.C.
Free unlimited Wifi access, satellite TV, underfloor heating, and thick walls which ensure that the house stays cool in the summer.
All the charm of a typical 17th century Sarlat house combined with modern comfort!
Les prestations para-hôtelières sont comprises dans le prix total (ménage et linge de maison)
Taxe de séjour de 0.33€ par personnes et par nuitées à régler.
? the possibility of paying by credit card, cheque, holiday vouchers or in cash
? a personal welcome folder and an escort to your apartment as well as advice on local visits and restaurants not to be missed !
? the possibility of assistance 6 days a week (7 in the event of an emergency)
? we can supply a cleaning service on request, for an extra charge
? house, bed and bath linen supplied,
? tourist leaflets and books,
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Dordogne 12 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 50 km, Nearest railway: Sarlat 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Cots (1)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
About this location
The Dordogne region
With more than a thousand and one castles, and numerous villages classed as being the most beautiful in France, The Dordogne is a major tourist attraction.
Sarlat is also registered as being within a remarkable cultural environment due to its proximity to some of the most prestigious sites – Lascaux, Beynac, Domme, La Roque, Gageac – as well as chateaux, abbeys and some breathtaking public gardens.
Dordogne is the 3rd largest department in France. It enjoys a varied and temperate climate, even though the winters might be a bit colder than in the UK.The average temperature during summertime is 30°C and the first frosts usually appaer at the end of October.
Sarlat, a town of art and history, is part of a European network. The town is engaged in heightening public awareness of both inhabitants and tourists towards its environment, to initiate an appreciation in the young for architecture and urbanism. The organisers in charge of the town's heritage, in association with the future museum's curator, have set up an action programme for the year : themed visits, development of guides, competitive games, heritage days and nights, exhibitions. The town is not only appealing : its history is fascinating.
Since over a thousand years, the town has developed around an important Benedictine abbey, built during the roman period, in the 12th century, erected as a diocese in the 14th century. The town of consuls, nobles and tradesmen, became one of jurists and clerks who surrounded the bishop.
After the wars of 100 Years', Religion and the Fronde, from the 14th to 17th century, the town rediscovered its golden age, thanks to the “noblesse de robe” and their high magistrates who exercised royal justice for the Presidial. They smartened up Sarlat with new and grand dwellings built with towers, symbols of the noblesse. This was also the period of the Humanists.
La Boetie was born here and was initiated very early to the spirit of the Renaissance. Jean Tarde, the bishop's right-hand man, met Galilee in Florence and remained in contact with him for his astronomical experiences. Fenelon, a private tutor, was employed as priest in Sarlat, by his uncle, bishop of the diocese.
More recently, the creation of the “Festival des Jeux du Théâtre” in 1952 gave a new momentum to the town. Personalities became conscious of the interest raised towards its heritage, rediscovered by performers of stage and film. Sarlat was the first town to apply the “Loi Malraux” (Mulraux Law) voted for in 1962 to restore the historic centres, “the protected sectors”. It was a second rebirth.
Our vacation rental is inside the historical centre of Sarlat. an opportunity to stay in one of France's most beautiful and fascinating locations
Sarlat is also a town of culture by way of its numerous festivals, concerts and exhibitions.
- Sarlat, the patron of musicians, sculpters, street artists and creators, distinguished and some well-known names. Carzou, Bernard Buffet, Weisbuch, O'Galop, Cocteau, Combas - but also local artists with great reputations, Alain Carrier, and even the architect, Jean Nouvel.
- Sarlat, natural decor for the seventh art : the reason being due to its beautiful landscapes and its rich heritage, Sarlat is a region used often as a film location for directors of period movies. Amongst some of the latest big screen productions one can cite “Les Miserables”, "Les Dames Galantes" ("Gallant Ladies"), "La Fille de d'Artagnan" ("d'Artagnan's Daughter"), "Cendrillon" ("Cinderella'") and even "Jeanne d'Arc" ("Joan of Arc").
- The "Festival du Film" of Sarlat : the cinema holds a place in the cultural life of the locals. The festival of cinema unfolds each year in November in the capital of the Périgord Noir. It reunites a number of actors and stars from the big screen, directors, producers and technicians bringing in more than 800 young students of Terminale “option cinema” from France and overseas.
- The "Festival des Jeux du Théâtre" of Sarlat : with Avignon, this is the oldest festival in France, and opens in mid-July and runs to the beginning of August, within a remarkable natural enclosure, at the heart of the medieval city. Marked by a strict tradition, it has always appealed to directors in presenting performances of superior quality.
Truffles, foie gras, wid mushrooms like cepes, girolles and morels, nuts, confits (meats preserved in fat) and fine country meats, chestnuts, strawberries, liquors and brandies… just some of the wonderful jewels of this land's gourmet cuisine.
On this land of the “Good Life” it is with convivial spirit that local recipes are passed on from generation to generation and have contributed to a gastronomic reputation that justifies in itself the influx of visitors received from around the world.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
29 Mar 2015
"Superb 5 star accommodation"
We found Le Gite Barry on AirBnb, though the booking is managed via Sarlat Travel. An excellent location, just off the Traverse. Very quiet and well appointed with all you need for a family stay. We p… More
Le Gîte Barry is a very comfortable accommodation, located in a quiet street of Sarlat, and ideal for 4 people, with its 2 bedrooms "en suite".
If some of our guests have a difficulties, we always do our best in order to help them and find a solution as soon as possible.
We thank you for your kind review, and would be pleased to welcome you in Sarlat once again.
1 Aug 2014
"Ideal location but no parking"
Small gite (photos make it look bigger than it is) if you require a gite that is close to the town centre then this gite is in a great location. The agent in Sarlat was very helpful, giving lots of lo… More
13 Oct 2013
Had a wonderful couple of days in Gite Barry. Right in the centre of Sarlat. Gite was lovely well equipped with a great shower.
Hello, it was a great pleasure to welcome you, and you will be welcome at any time.
We like to know that everything was in order, and are pleased that the location and the Gite Barry have been for you the right place for your stay
Our best regards
Béatrice and Philippe
You're booking with
Philippe Lecerf (Property Manager Transimmo.fr)
- 7 Years listed
70% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Apr 2015
Based in France