Barn | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 10
Come and stay at our magnificent converted barn in safe peaceful countryside setting ideal for families. Close to medieval Sarlat and Montignac with their famous street markets and tourist attractions. Great views, in-ground pool, and 2 acres of lawned grounds in which to play...
• Sole gite on site
• A luxury four bedroom family holiday home set in the heart of the rolling Dordogne countryside.
• Huge living space (6m x 24m on two floors).
• Four spacious bedrooms comfortably sleep a total of 10 in combinations of singles, doubles, twins and triples.
• All bedrooms are fully en suite with hot powerful showers.
• One en suite has a full size bath.
• Bedrooms on ground floor so remain cool in summer.
• Fabulous courtyard with BBQ, wooden bench, tables & chairs for 16 people with four 3m x 3m roll-out awnings for maximum shade.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Bordeaux 200 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Limoges and Bergerac 150 km, Nearest railway: Brive la Gaillarde 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (10), Double beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
All bedrooms are on the ground floor and have special heat reflecting glass on the external doors, so remain cool even in summer.
Lounge/kitchen/dining area is 6m x 24m and open to the oak-beamed ceiling.
Sole holiday property on site.
|Further details outdoors|
• Outdoor dining furniture seats 16.
• Pool recliners.
• Fruit trees (plums, figs, apples, cherries, pears) for use of guests.
• Shaded park bench with stunning views.
• Pool overlooks the valley.
• Extendable sun shades in courtyard
• Extendable sun shade by pool.
• No busy roads nearby.
Included in the cost of you rental:
• Bottle of red, white or rosé wine
• Welcome provisions pack of milk, coffee, tea, bread, sugar & orange juice.
• Tourist info pack of local sites of interest and list of things to do.
• Bed linen
• Large bath towel
• Personal key handover service
• Vacate property by 10am on day of departure
The Aquitaine/Dordogne region
The Dordogne is to France what the South West is to Britain: lush rolling pastures, limestone gorges, broad rivers, sweeping views and an enviable climate.
Major sites of interest are:
Lascaux where you can see the magnificent cave paintings.
Medieval Sarlat and it's famous food market.
Quiet provincial Montignac with its riverside cafés and restaurants.
Roccamadour with its dizzying cliff-hugging monastery is only one hour away by car.
The Goufre de Padirac, a 90m deep sink hole and subterranean river ride are within an hour's drive.
Beynac, on the banks of the Dordogne river, hugs the cliff face as if defying gravity (40min drive)
They call this region the "cradle of mankind" due to the numerous troglodyte cave dwellings that pepper the area. Some of these caves were home to neolithic man and he left his mark in the form of stunning coloured cave paintings and fortifications.
The area is also known as the culinary heart of France with local produce such as duck, geese, river fish, strawberries, walnuts and truffles all found in abundance.
Hot air ballooning