About the home
Our stunning ground floor apartment is located in the Bayside resort, in the seaside fishing town of Sao Martinho do Porto, which lies at the heart of the Costa de Prata (the Silver Coast). It boasts the largest swimming pool in Sao Martinho, has a great children's play area and garden and is just 160 metres (3 minute walk) to the beach.
Our apartment offers one of the most desirable positions in the Bayside Resort. With two large private balconies and a fantastic spacious private terrace overlooking the stunning pool and children’s play area, you can be sure to find an area to catch the sun or shade whilst keeping an eye on the children as they play by the pool.
The terrace provides a wonderful outdoor space to relax and enjoy drinks and meals; the BBQ offers a great opportunity to grill some locally caught fish which you can collect fresh from the daily local market. If home cooking isn’t your thing, don’t worry as you are just 160 metres from the beachfront where you can find a wide range of bars and restaurants.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Sao Martinho do Porto, 100m|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Pools:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Childrens pool|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Climbing frame|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
Our apartment comprises
• A master bedroom (with double bed) and a second bedroom with twin beds;
• The bathroom features a Jacuzzi bath and shower;
• The lounge / dining room has a large dining table, a comfortable sofa / chaise longe and a flatscreen LCD TV with 140 UK Satellite Freeview channels. You have access to the private front balcony from the lounge / dining room or master bedroom;
• The lounge and master bedroom benefit from air conditioning;
• Highchair and cot available
• The well equipped kitchen comprises electric oven / gas hob, washing machine, dishwasher and fridge / freezer and breakfast table and chairs. You can access the large terrace from the kitchen;
• Private underground parking;
• Entry phone for secure access
* Furnished to an exceptionally high standard
* Towels provided (except beach towels)
* Heated towel rail in bathroom
* Electric shutters on all windows and doors to keep the property safe and cool
Please note that the owner accepts no responsibility for any loss of/damage to personal property, or injury or death to any person or visitor, during the period of occupancy. Guests are reminded to take out adequate travel and personal belongings insurance.
Further details outdoors:
* Swimming pool, children's play area and garden are in a safe, enclosed area which requires 'card key' access
* Parking is in an underground bay which is accessed through an electric garage door
* Video entry system
* 30% of rental due on booking
* Balance payable 6 weeks prior to departure
* Refundable breakages deposit of £200 is required with booking. This will be refunded within 2 weeks of your departure (subject to property inspection)
* Prices may be subject to change at owners discretion
* Rental prices quoted in British £
* We can accept payments by bank transfer, credit card, debit card in GBP (£) or Euros
* A local English speaking agent will be available to check you in / out and will be contactable during your holiday
* On change-over days, departing guests must check out no later than 10:00 and new arriving guests should not check in before 16:00 (this is required to ensure the apartment is cleaned and prepared for new guests). We are happy to consider earlier check-in times, if there are no other guests departing on the date of your arrival
Shorter stays may be possible, please contact the owner for further details
The Costa de Prata/Silver Coast/Central Portugal region
The Silver Coast (Costa de Prata) is one of Portugal's best kept secrets. The whole region is renowned for its fantastic beaches, spectacular scenery, temperate climate, lush forests and its unspoilt nature. The region is a cultural delight offering a range of monasteries, convents, castles, churches, and museums. The region is also home to local vineyards offering you great wine-tasting opportunities.
Located less than 100km north of Lisbon on Portugal’s Atlantic coast lies Sao Martinho Do Porto in the heart of the Silver Coast (Costa Prata). Sao Martinho can be easily accessed from the A8 motorway leading directly from Lisbon within an hour from the airport. The mild temperatures, long holiday season and white sandy beaches offer something for everyone, from lazy days by the beach, to adrenalin fuelled activities such as surfing and kite-surfing.
The local Portuguese people are warm, friendly and proud of their beautiful country.
As this area is largely undiscovered, it offers a very different feel to the over commercialised Algarve region and you will find it easy to find sparsely populated (or even deserted) beaches if you explore the region.
To taste the real Portugal, look no further than the Silver Coast!!
The Sao Martinho do Porto area
Sao Martinho do Porto is a small traditional Portuguese fishing town located around a spectacular natural bay, known as "Concha" by the locals due to its shell like appearance. It is also surrounded by a vast sweeping beach which curls all the way around the bay. This forms a naturally sheltered swimming area and is one of the best places to bathe with its calm, shallow and sun warmed water making it ideal for families.
The village has maintained its marvellous character and much of the older historic parts still have cobbled streets. You will also find a frequent fish and fresh vegetables market and a monthly open air antiques fair. There are many bars, coffee houses and great restaurants to explore, catering for every taste.
There is a market daily in Sao Martinho offering fresh fruit, vegetables, fish and bread amongst other local produce (mornings only). You will also find a Tourist information office in the town. There is a railway station with a service from Lisbon and buses to local towns and Lisbon also stop near the railway station.
Local attractions include
• Golf – at the world class Praia D'El Rey golf club (25 mins). Rated as the 13th best course in Continental Europe by Golf World magazine - lovely sea views;
• Horseriding – at Sao Martinho;
• Watersports - Many watersports are available on the beach;
• Boating / fishing – in the bay or further out to sea;
• Markets / Supermarkets - There are 3 or 4 small supermarkets in Sao Martinho itself. Larger hypermarkets are close by. There is a market daily in Sao Martinho offering fresh fruit, vegetables, fish and bread amongst other local produce (mornings only);
• Restaurants and bars - There are a wide range of reasonably priced, atmospheric restaurants and bars offering mouth watering menus;
• Sightseeing – including the 13th century walled medieval town of Obidos (15 mins drive), Alcobaca Cathedral City (20 mins drive), Caldas da Rainha spa town, with bull-ring (15 mins);
• Wine - Local vineyards and wine tasting tours;
• Beaches – spoilt for choice, you will find fantastic (and in many cases, deserted beaches) all along the Silver Coast including Foz do Arelho beach (surfing and kite surfing within 15 mins), Obidos Lagoon (15 mins drive), Nazare (15 min drive)
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Lisbon International Airport is located approximately 100km south of Sao Martinho do Porto and it is an easy drive along the A8 motorway. The overall journey time from the airport is between 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic conditions. Detailed directions to Sao Martinho will be provided at the time of booking.
If you don't want to hire a car, you can access Sao Martinho by catching a taxi from the airport to Lisbon bus station (approx 15 Euros) and then catching a direct coach service, which takes just over an hour and costs about 7 Euros
Alternatively you can fly to Oporto (2.5 hour drive) or Faro (3.5 hour drive).
A number of low cost airlines fly to Lisbon including
* Bmibaby (www.bmibaby.com) flies to Lisbon from Manchester; to Faro from Cardiff, Birmingham and East Midlands.
* British Airways (www.ba.com) flies from Heathrow to Lisbon and Gatwick to Faro.
* EasyJet (www.easyjet.com) flies to Lisbon from Bristol, Liverpool, Gatwick and Luton; to Faro from Belfast, Bristol, East Midlands, Glasgow, Liverpool, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Newcastle.
* Flybe (www.flybe.com) flies to Faro from Exeter and Southampton.
* Flyglobespan (www.flyglobespan.com) flies to Faro from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
* Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) flies to Oporto from Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, Stansted; to Faro from Stansted, East Midlands, Liverpool and Glasgow.
* TAP Air Portugal (www.tap-airportugal.co.uk) flies daily from Gatwick and Heathrow to Oporto & Lisbon.
* Thomson Airways (www.thomson.co.uk) flies to Faro from 17 UK airports including Belfast; most frequently from Luton, Doncaster-Sheffield, Manchester and Bournemouth.
* Thomas Cook Airlines (www.flythomascook.com) flies from 11 regional airports to Faro, including Belfast, Glasgow and Cardiff.
The website, www.seat61.com, gives a choice of routes from the UK to Portugal.
A number of car rental companies operate from Lisbon airport, including Avis (www.avis.co.uk); Budget (www.budget.co.uk); Europcar (www.europcar.co.uk); Hertz (www.hertz.co.uk). Brokers include Holiday Autos (www.holidayautos.co.uk) and Holiday Cars Direct (www.holidaycarsdirect.com).
For timetable information visit the Comboios de Portugal website – www.cp.pt – which has an English-language option.
The Portuguese Tourism Office (0845 355 1212, www.visitportugal.com) Telephone to order brochures and ask questions.
Activities near Sao Martinho do Porto
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
28 Dec 2012
I had stayed in Sao Marthino de Porto for a weekend with some friends in 2011 and when we were thinking of booking a holiday for last October for myself, husband and 3 young children I was keen to go back again. This apartment is beautifully decorated/furnished. It is very spacious, comfortable and extremely well equipped. It is a small block of apartments and is very close to the seafront. Arrangements for collecting/dropping keys was seamless. The village is lovely... Not overly touristy and still retaining the charm of a town that is still very much owned and inhabited by the locals. Restaurants in Sao Marthino are all very good. As with most of Portugal kids are always welcome and catered well for. we visited a lot of the beaches in the area... All lovely... Even in the rain (it was October!). Obidos (walled medieval city) is a short drive away and is well worth a visit.
15 Sep 2012
I stayed for a week in June with my wife and two children (8 & 13) and we loved the apartment and thought the location was ideal for a family holiday. Great beach, Lovely restuarants and really easy to get to from Lisbon airport. We were very impressed with the appartment which was very clean, well equipped and very modern. The enormous balcony was great for eating out and watching the children swimming in the large swimming pool that the apartment overlooks. We will definatley be booking again for next year and look forward to exploring more of the surrounding area.
19 Aug 2012
It would be hard to beat this apartment it is in a great location, a couple of minutes from the beach which is fantastic and safe. Close to all the shops and restaurants without being surrounded by them. The pool was lovely much better than we expected and the apartment was very comfortable and clean. We didn't use the lounge much (except to watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics) because the balcony was so big we sat outside most of the time. Adults and children agree we would very much like to return to the resort and the apartment.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|March||7 Mar 10||1 Apr 10||£ 295||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|April||1 Apr 10||1 May 10||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
|May / June||1 May 10||1 Jul 10||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|July / August||1 Jul 10||1 Sep 10||£ 560||-||-||1 Week|
|September||1 Sep 10||1 Oct 10||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|October||1 Oct 10||1 Nov 10||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
|November / December||1 Nov 10||18 Dec 10||£ 245||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|Christmas / New Year||18 Dec 10||5 Jan 11||£ 395||£ 70||£ 80||3 Nights|
|January / February||5 Jan 11||1 Mar 11||£ 245||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|March||1 Mar 11||1 Apr 11||£ 295||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|April||1 Apr 11||1 May 11||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
|May / June||1 May 11||1 Jul 11||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|Jully / August||1 Jul 11||1 Sep 11||£ 560||-||-||1 Week|
|September||1 Sep 11||1 Oct 11||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|October||1 Oct 11||1 Nov 11||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
|November / December||1 Nov 11||18 Dec 11||£ 245||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|Christmas / New Year||18 Dec 11||8 Jan 12||£ 395||£ 70||£ 80||3 Nights|
|January / February||8 Jan 12||1 Mar 12||£ 245||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|March||1 Mar 12||1 Apr 12||£ 295||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|April||1 Apr 12||1 May 12||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
|May/June||1 May 12||1 Jul 12||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|July/August||1 Jul 12||1 Sep 12||£ 560||-||-||1 Week|
|September||1 Sep 12||1 Oct 12||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|October||1 Oct 12||1 Nov 12||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
|November/December||1 Nov 12||23 Dec 12||£ 245||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|Christmas / New Year||23 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 395||£ 50||£ 60||3 Nights|
|January / February||5 Jan 13||1 Mar 13||£ 245||-||-||1 Week|
|March||1 Mar 13||1 Apr 13||£ 295||-||-||1 Week|
|April||1 Apr 13||1 May 13||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
|May/June||1 May 13||1 Jul 13||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|July/AUgust||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 560||-||-||1 Week|
|September||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|October||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 345||£ 60||£ 70||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Secure payment by direct bank transfer (to either UK bank in £ or Portuguese bank in €) or on-line payment available by Credit or Debit card in £ or €. Bankers drafts also accepted.
There will be a £50 charge to help cover the cost of apartment cleaning/laundry.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2009. This apartment has received 6 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.