Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Casa James is just five minutes’ drive from Sao Bras de Alportel with its local market, shops and many excellent and reasonably priced restaurants. A convenient Intermarche supermarket is only 3 minutes away, well stocked with local and English products (great for items you may have forgotten to bring) including an excellent wine selection.
The villa is a short drive from the coastal motorway with easy access to the whole of the Algarve, from Cape St Vincent at the western most point to picturesque Tavira and the Spanish border, giving access to Costa de la Luz and Seville.
Within 30 minutes drive there are numerous beaches and golf courses, the Aquashow water park, go karting, mini-golf as well as two excellent shopping centres at Faro and Guia and food/craft markets at Loule.
The villa's spacious and comfortable lounge opens out onto a large pool terrace, which enjoys south westerly views across the valley, and is furnished with a table and chairs for al fresco dining. The villa benefits from light and airy bedrooms; one double with ensuite and two twin-bedded with plenty of built-in wardrobe space – an ideal home from home.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Faro 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
• The lounge has a variety of books, games and guide books.
• There is a comprehensive Welcome Folder with information on the villa, Sao Bras, local restaurants and holiday attractions.
• Towels and bed linen are changed weekly by the maid.
• Please note, beach towels are not provided.
• Washing and ironing facilities (should you feel the need!) are located in the room underneath the pool terrace.
• On your arrival, you will find some cold beer and bottled water and a bottle of wine in the kitchen to help kick start your holiday with our compliments.
|Further details outdoors||
• The villa sits within attractive landscaped gardens.
• Driveway has ample parking for 2/3 cars.
• Hedged and fenced on all sides with gated access to the road.
• Pool terrace is well equipped with six comfortable sun loungers, two large parasols and extendable sun blind to provide shade for the alfresco dining area for six.
• Exterior pool terrace lighting.
• The pool has built in steps at the shallow end for easy access.
• The garden and pool are maintained during your stay by the management company gardener.
• The sweeping stairway from the pool terrace leads up to a separate terrace and two-bedroom (1 double, 1 twin) apartment, which is available to rent for larger parties if required (if you’re seeking additional accommodation for relatives/friends). Please enquire for prices.
• PLEASE NOTE, the villa is only ever let to one client at a time, to maintain exclusivity.
The Algarve region
The Portuguese Algarve is renowned for its stunning coastline, mild winters and long balmy summers, maintained by warm sea and air currents from nearby North Africa, making it one of the most popular year round holiday destinations in southern Europe enjoying over 300 days of sunshine a year.
Away from the coast, five centuries of Arab rule have left a legacy that is still visible in the region's architecture and there are many places of historical interest to visit, such as Silves, with its impressive Moorish castle commanding superb views over the town and countryside; Faro, as well as being the capital of the Algarve, has the old walled city to wander through, and Tavira, a charming riverside town with its elegant Roman bridge.
Sao Bras de Alportel
Casa James sits on a hill to the south east of Sao Bras de Alportel, only five minutes from the centre of town and its many amenities.
There are over 30 restaurants catering for all tastes and cuisines (both eat in and take away), from the very popular Luis dos Frangos, specialising in tasty grilled chicken, to Rocha da Gralheira and O'Graciano with their excellent 'Steak on the Stone'. Happily, these are all at Portuguese prices and not coastal tourist prices! There are also Indian, Chinese, Italian and Irish restaurants!
In the centre of town there is a local fresh food market, weekly craft market and many local shops and cafes, as well as three large supermarkets on the outskirts.
Annual events and festivals across the Algarve are many and varied. Locally, Sao Bras hosts an Easter Sunday flower procession and the Feira da Serra in July. Loule, 8km to the west of Sao Bras, has a large Easter festival and Halloween parade.
Sao Bras lies at the heart of the cork producing area of southern Portugal which provides 50% of the world's cork supplies. Just off the central square, an old mansion house turned museum provides a fascinating insight into the history of cork production and marks the start of the cork trail taking in the cork tree plantations and spectacular scenery of the Serra do Caldeirao.
South of Sao Bras is the village of Estoi with its Roman ruins at Milreu, one of the most important Roman sites in Portugal.
Apart from the many well-known beaches along the Algarve, there are also quieter ones waiting to be explored such as Praia de Trafal, adjacent to Vale de Lobo, a 25 minute drive away. The golf courses of Quinta do Lago, Vale de Lobo and Vilamoura as well as many family attractions such as ZooMarine (sealife show/conservation centre) at Guia, Aquashow at Quarteira and Go Karting at Almancil are all within a short driving distance.