House | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 12
HAVE IT ALL LUXURY/PRIVACY AND ALL THE TOYS! Enter through handmade electric gates + set in large mature gardens. Casa Vela is tastefully decorated + furnished to the highest international standards of style + comfort. NEWLY REFURBISHED SUITES FOR THE 2013 SEASON! Casa Vela is situated 5 mins walking distance from beaches, bars, restaurants and shops. Huge, private, sunny oasis with lush palm trees surround the chemical free pool - No bathing in bleach here…just fun, larks + amazing underwater sound system! Fantastic outdoor terraces, courtyards, children's play area (gated) and pool terrace are designed to fully enjoy the balmy days and nights. The pool terrace has sumptuous 2m day beds for soaking up the sun + its own sound system.
The custom designed outdoor kitchen is fully equipped and fabulous whether throwing together a fresh salad or preparing a gourmet feast. Sneak off to the tranquil Buddha Courtyard, sit by the huge stone Buddha while you listen to the sound of trickling water and mature bamboo,swaying in the breeze. Chill in your circular chill room, perfect for gazing at the stars! All our unique suites boast: “Divine” Divan Beds, Flat Screens, DVD, Surround Sound, SKY TV, AC and much more!
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 4 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 24, Lounge seats for 24|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
20 Sep 2014
"After Sales service a BIG let down."
We stayed at both Global Escapade Villas ( can Luna and casa Vela ) during the last week in July for our Daughters wedding. I would of loved to be able to give the villas and staff a 5 star review but… More
19 Sep 2014
"A disappointing let down"
We booked this villa after reading the 'luxurious' description above, sadly it fell well short of expectation. The Villa is lovely, and with care and a fixtures and fittings upgrade could be… More
Thank you for submitting your review. Firstly, I find it disappointing that you have neglected to mention the reason for the broken items at check-in. We had a rare incident with the clients who were staying before you who left the property in the most awful state. We take every measure possible to screen enquiries before confirming bookings, but it is not always possible to foresee such events. Thankfully, such an occurrence is extremely rare.
Your group had arrived early the day of check-in and we were in constant contact throughout as we had been trying to accommodate an early check-in, due to the younger members of your party. I notified you that the property had been left in an awful state and that we were bringing in extra crew to get the house ready for you asap. We got the property ready asap so you could get poolside and have the use of the main house (3 bedrooms, lounge & kitchen), but on the understanding and your agreement that the crew would be working on the other areas.
I fully accept there were issues caused by the previous client. In an attempt to rectify this, we did a complimentary shop for you on the day of arrival (beer, wine, soft drinks, snacks, etc), furthermore, on at least two occasions we brought you breakfast (coffee, croissant and pastries for everyone) all at no cost to you. Even though the issues hadn't been caused by us, I sympathised with you and how you didn't have immediate access to two of the suites for a couple of hours after check-in.
Your son, his partner and children weren't due to fly to the UK until late in the evening of your check-out day, so we also offered him the full use of the property until late that evening at no additional cost. That evening, they were experiencing problems with their airline and it didn't look like they would be flying back that evening at all. I spoke with him on numerous occasions, all after hours, and had arranged that they could go back to the property that evening and have the use of a car, all at no cost. I didn't even get a courtesy message to say that the plane had taken off and to stand down. We also during your stay arranged taxis and printed / delivered boarding passes to you. All of this was done free of charge, as a courtesy.
Towards the end of your stay, you said that despite the start, you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the house and wanted to come back – which would indicate that the early problems had been resolved and that you did enjoy the house and the service provided. Certainly not the response one would expect if you felt the property to be “mid range” or an “expensive disappointment”.
Your attitude towards your stay only changed once you received your check-out report, which was extensive. I have never in all my years, encountered such a list of damaged linen / towels. In addition to the stained / soiled linen, you lost (left in a taxi) 2 x gate remotes and these were charged at replacement cost only, no time for pick-up was charged. Finally there were the linen charges, which we took 43% off the cost to us, as a good will gesture. The delay in returning your deposit was solely down to the lengthy discussions about these items, as you refused to agree you should bear any of the cost of replacement. At one stage I was accused of cash flow problems, which soon were retracted when I offered to have my bank statement for our dedicated deposit account sent to your solicitor.
Every effort was made to deal with the problems, which you have noted in
your review, however, I don't understand how you can claim the property to be “midrange” or an “expensive disappointment” as you intended to return. It is quite clear that you are reacting to charges deducted from your deposit, which were caused by your group (I have reports and photos from management, crew and the letter from the laundry to confirm this and these have been supplied to you) even so, we did still reduce this cost significantly as a good will gesture (by 43% to be exact).
I would like to note that the check-in went ahead at the pre-agreed time and that all issues were remedied the same day as reported, apart from where we were reliant on a 3rd party (e.g. the dishwasher technician). However, to address your individual points in the order you have listed:
• Dishwasher – There are 2 dishwashers provided at the property, one internal and one external. You reported an issue with the external dishwasher on your second day and the repair company were called. At no time during your stay were you without the use of a working dishwasher.
• BBQ – The BBQ was working, but had been slightly damaged by the previous group. We replaced with a brand new BBQ the following morning.
• Shower in the Moroccan Room – The shower functioned, but where the showerhead had been replaced after misuse from the previous guest, the maintenance crew didn't pick up that with the existing wall bracket, you weren't able to adjust the showerhead. The bracket was changed the following day, after being reported.
• Kids Play Area – This was a total mess from being used / abused by grown adults (previous guests). The (wooden) top bar to the swing needed replacing as did the ropes for the swings. Replaced within 24 hours.
• Underwater Speaker – I have no report on this from you. Nor has this issue been raised by any other guests, before or after your stay. I have checked myself since receiving your review and the underwater speaker is functioning.
• Pool seats – Once again, I am not able to comment. I presume you mean the built in seat in the pool. This is part of the pools structure and there are no issues with it.
• Decapitated Buddha's – I remember being shown “the” decapitated Buddha by your son and one of his young children who told me they had touched it and it fell off. It would appear that whoever had broken it had placed the head back on.
• Car & Car Seat – This was arranged on your behalf via one of the biggest car hire companies on the island. We returned the vehicle for you, at no cost. We returned with a replacement car, which I believe you found suitable. There was no charge for this service. Incidentally, a large part of the deductions was the car insurance upgrade to fully comprehensive, which had been pre-agreed with you prior to your arrival.
• Kitchen Poorly Stocked – A full inventory is available for what is included in the kitchen. We have had complaints in the past about the kitchen being over-stocked Extra items are available upon request.
• Rusted IKEA utensils – Duly noted and taken up with the cleaning crew. We do rotate cutlery monthly at all of our properties, as all metal / stainless steel tends to rust with the water quality on the island.
• No Small plates / Not enough glasses – Once again, this was an issue of damages from the previous group and both plates and glasses were then replaced from the on-site store on the day of check-in. There are two sets (one inside / one outside) of 12; glasses, cutlery and crockery.
• Leaking tap – After a few days, you reported a slight drip from the kitchen tap. We had the rubber seal replaced the same day. As with any property, all over the world, leaks etc do happen.
• Ice Machine didn't work – There is an American fridge / freezer at the property, which come with an ice machine as standard. Due to the saltiness of the water in Ibiza (which guests are advised of during check-in), this has never been connected as this is a health issue. Nor is the property advertised as having an ice machine.
• Inventory – A full inventory is available and provided to guests. I'm not sure why you felt this necessary to mention, as you weren't actually charged for any missing items, other than the gate remotes and damaged linen and neither are listed on the inventory.
• Deposit Return was a headache – I have addressed this point earlier in my response. The only delay was caused by your refusal to accept any charge whatsoever for the damaged / soiled linen which we are unable to use further. You have requested we hold these items for you to pick up between the 3rd and 7th October.
29 Jul 2014
"Excellent holiday in Ibiza!"
What a wonderful time we had in C'an Buddha, we enjoyed every second of it. The facilities and location were simply great, close enough to the beach and several restaurants but still in a fairly … More
21 Feb 2014
"Luxury, service, good times"
We stayed here in October, we found the villa to be everything we wanted. We had teenagers in our party and they were thrilled with the pool area and the smaller children liked the play area .The adul… More
Thanks so much for sending in your review. For us, this is the ideal family and friends rental property, with something for all age groups, so it's always pleasing to hear feedback confirming this.
It was a pleasure to meet your family and we look forward to seeing you again when you return.
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
75% Response rate
Calendar last updated:17 Oct 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Ibiza Town
- 343 properties
- Playa D'en Bossa
- 138 properties
- Cala Vadella
- 133 properties
- Es Cubells
- 131 properties
- San Josep de sa Talaia
- 123 properties
- San Antonio
- 110 properties
- Cala Port des Torrent
- 66 properties
- San Agustin des Vedra
- 64 properties
- Sant Antoni de Portmany
- 57 properties
- Sant Rafael
- 46 properties
- Nuestra Senora De Jesus
- 34 properties
- Aeroport d'Eivissa
- 31 properties
- Cap Martinet
- 22 properties
- Sant Jordi de Ses Salines
- 20 properties
- Talamanca, Eivissa
- 14 properties
- Cala Gracio
- 10 properties
- Sant Josep de Sa Talaia , Cala Tarida
- 9 properties
- Sant Josep De Sa Talaia , Urbanitzacio Cala D'Hort
- 7 properties
- Sant Josep De Sa Talaia , Nucleo
- 6 properties
- Sant Josep De Sa Talaia, Cala Comte
- 6 properties