from £139 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
House | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Pengelly House is a spacious, contemporary house, situated on the edge of the River Tamar in the town of Torpoint.
Internally, the property is furnished to a high standard with luxury fixtures and fittings throughout and views of the estuary and country from many of the rooms. Externally, the large decking area with Jacuzzi offers an ideal location to relax. Pengelly House fully utilises its’ waterfront position to offer guests a range of activities right on their doorstep. A 14ft fibreglass row boat and kayaks are available for guests to use, along with use of the marina. The property benefits from being next door to a water front pub, whilst remaining private and secluded.
Positioned on the riverside opposite Plymouth, Torpoint acts as the gateway to Cornwall with boats ferrying passengers across this scenic stretch of the River Tamar. Just a five minute walk from the house is a private path which takes you directly to Antony House. Most recently this area has gained significant exposure thanks in large to the National Trust property Antony House, the location for filming of Walt Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, which is open to the public.
Having officially only become a town in the early nineteenth century, Torpoint can trace its’ roots back to the Domesday Book with the first official ferry service starting back to 1791. With prominent waterside position water based activities dominate the area with regular races taking place during the yachting season.
With two magnificent West Country counties divided by a short river crossing the range of attractions and activities on offer is unlimited. From the Cornish side discover the array of picturesque fishing villages and absorb their proud maritime history, explore the traditional market towns dotted throughout the rural countryside or simply admire the stunning scenery in every direction. Take a day trip to the famous Eden Project or visit any number of public gardens and stately homes with magnificent grounds to stroll around.
Please note: A cot, two high chairs and a selection of children's toys are provided for family bookings.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay 73 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub|
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (4), Dining seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
- Furnished with two sofas seating six, snuggle chair, two conservatory chairs, coffee table and a large living flame fireplace.
- Features a 50” flatscreen TV and Wi-Fi access for guests who bring their own laptop.
- Views over the estuary and creek.
- Patio doors lead onto a large decking area complete with Jacuzzi.
- Contemporary kitchen complete with high gloss units, solid wood worktops and oak flooring throughout.
- Features a double oven, ceramic hob, fridge freezer, wine cabinet and dishwasher.
- Full range of utensils and integrated appliances including a toaster, kettle and microwave.
- Also includes a breakfast bar and a three seater sofa.
- Patio doors lead onto the decking area with views over the garden.
- Dining area features a large oak table with seating for eight, large corner suite seating four, coffee table and a 50" flatscreen TV.
- Two patio doors lead onto the garden.
- Separate utility area with cupboards for storage, sink and washer dryer.
- Fitted office area which includes a leather chair, desk with drawers and cupboards for storage.
- Glimpses of the creek and estuary from the window.
- Self-contained studio/attic room situated above the garage, providing additional sleeping for two guests.
- Complete with two double beds, 50” TV, sofa, chair and Juliet balcony overlooking the creek and estuary.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Double aspect room with two patio doors overlooking the garden and surrounding fields.
- Furnished with a super king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, dressing table, two bedside cabinets with lamps and a two seater leather sofa.
- Also features a 32" flatscreen TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
- Access to double balcony via double patio doors.
- En-suite bathroom features a double-end bath, wc, twin wash basins, mirror, heated towel rail, shower cubicle and shaver point.
Bedroom two with en-suite
- Furnished with a super king-size bed, fitted wardrobe, drawers, dressing table and a bedside table with lamp.
- Also features a 32" flatscreen TV, trouser press and a two seater leather sofa.
- Triple aspect room with views over the estuary, creek and rear garden.
- En-suite bathroom complete with shower cubicle with jets, twin wash basins, bath, wc, heated towel rail and mirror.
- Furnished with twin beds and a chest of drawers.
- Views over the garden.
- Furnished with bunk beds, chest of drawers, wardrobe and a bedside cabinet with lamp.
- Main family bathroom features a bath with shower over, wc, wash basin, heated towel rail, mirror and shaver point.
- En-suite to bedroom one features a double-end bath, wc, twin wash basins, mirror, heated towel rail, shower cubicle and shaver point.
- En-suite bedroom two complete with shower cubicle with jets, twin wash basins, bath, wc, heated towel rail and mirror.
- Ground floor wetroom with shower and wc for use to wash off after sailing and kayaking.
|Further details outdoors|
- Garage with electric doors for two cars and ample additional off-street parking for 4+ cars.
- Outside hot power shower for washing off wetsuits.
- Features a large decking area with Jacuzzi and outside shower.
- Childrens activity play area and lookout in the garden.
- Decked area furnished with a patio table, matching chairs and a pergola frame over.
- Complimentary use of four kayaks and the exclusive use of the 14ft fibreglass boat (life jackets are provided for all guests).
- The boat is kept on the driveway on a launching trailer, which is to be used in the slipway next to the house.
- The golden beaches of Whitsand Bay only a five minute drive away.
- The tourist attractions at Looe and Polperro are twenty minutes away.
About this location
The Cornwall region
South Cornwall, a secluded and beautiful part of the West Country, is the perfect retreat at any time of year. South Cornwall holidays offer a true escape, the area’s isolated stretches of coastline are strewn with charming whitewashed villages reminiscent of times passed. Enjoy a stay in a South Cornwall holiday cottage and discover the truth behind the mysterious legends and ancient sites that give South Cornwall its fascinating character. Visitors to Cornwall will be treated to dramatic scenery, from wooded valleys to jagged cliffs, as the setting for their holiday.
Mousehole is famous for its Christmas illuminations around the harbour
South Cornwall boasts the Tate St Ives and the Newlyn Art Gallery, near Penzance
St Austell Brewery has been brewing beer and real ale since 1851
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 8 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:29 Mar 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site