House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
The Bridge House is a modern,comfortable, attractive self catering house on two floors. It consists of a living room which includes the dining table. The well-equipped kitchen is separated from the rest of the room by a 'peninsula' and it includes everything a cook on holiday might need. French Windows lead out from the sitting area to a large south facing private terrace with garden furniture and is well stocked with mature shrubs and, in summer, colourful pots which are carefully attended by the owners (who live next door and are always on hand to answer questions and sort out any problems).
Upstairs there is a large landing off which are 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and a separate WC.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Bournemouth 38 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bournemouth or Southampton: 38 km, Nearest railway: Salisbury Railway Station 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Living room with flat-screen TV, Freeview and integral DVD player.
Bedroom 1 has a 5 ft bed, bedside cabinets and a two seater sofa.
Bedroom 2 has twin single beds, bedside cabinets and a bedroom chair.
Bedroom 3 has a 4 ft bed and two bedside cabinets.
All 3 bedrooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs with Freeview.
Bedrooms also have fitted,hanging wardrobes which include shelving and a storage cupboard above.
Bathroom with bath, basin and separate power shower cubicle.
Fully fitted kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher and microwave.
Tumble drier available.
Bed linen and towels provided
Selection of books, games, DVDs and jigsaws provided.
|Further details outdoors|
Off road parking for up to 3 cars.
Private south facing terrace with garden furniture.
ADDED VALUE at The Bridge House (by arrangement and subject to availability).
- Wander down to our little Christmas Tree plantation. This is approximately 1500 trees which we grow commercially and, when of sufficient height, sell on a 'cut-your-own' basis in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
- Pick your own blackberries and damsons (in season - normally early August). These are growing wild on our land.
- Plunge into our modest outdoor above ground swimming pool. The water is heated reasonably effectively by solar panels. The pool is in our own garden and so we ask visitors to let us know when they would like to use it. Children must be supervised.
- Visit our 13th century 'Medieval Hall' in Salisbury Cathedral Close. This is the ancient Great Hall of the original Deanery of Salisbury Cathedral. (www.medieval-hall.co.uk) - see photos.
- Enjoy a private viewing of the audio-visual show 'DISCOVER SALISBURY ' which is designed to provide the visitor with an entertaining and informative overview of the lovely City of Salisbury.
- From the terrace, on most summer evenings, the sharp-eyed can watch our local bats feeding on the wing.
- 2 x rods on the Avon
The Central Southern England region
Salisbury is an excellent base from which to explore this historic region.
Attractions less than an hour away:
- Old Sarum
- The world heritage site of Stonehenge.
- Avebury, another ancient henge site.
- Wilton House, the home of the Earl of Pembroke (fabulous furniture, paintings and gardens), Wilton and the famous Wilton carpet factory.
- Breamore House, an Elizabthan Manor House which includes a countryside museum.
- Longleat Safari Park and House
- Beautiful Gardens: Stourhead, Exbury, Heale House, Larmer Tree Gardens.
- National Motor Museum at Beaulieu and the Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop.
A drive through the stunning scenery of the New Forest takes you to the coastal resorts of Christchuch, Bournemouth, Swanage and to Lymington from which a short ferry trip will find you on the Isle of Wight.
There are good railway links from Salisbury station to Portsmouth, for the historic naval dockyard and to stunning Georgian Bath.
Salisbury is in the Ancient Kingdom of Wessex and the City boasts the world Famous Cathedral set in the 83 acres of the Cathedral Close. Also in The Close are;
- the award winning Salisbury and South Wiltshire Museum
- the Military Museum
- the magnificent Mompesson House
- Arundells, once the home of former Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath.
There are twice weekly Charter markets on Tuesday and Saturday as well as numerous shops, pubs and restaurants.
The arts and entertainment are well represented:
- Salisbury Playhouse, the Arts Centre, City Hall and Odeon Cinema.
- Salisbury Arts Festival takes place from 23rd May - 7th June 2014.
- Larmer Tree Festival takes place from 9th - 13th July 2014
- Salisbury and South Wiltshire Golf Club, Harnham.
- High Post Golf Club.
- Salisbury Golf Driving Range.
- Hamptworth Golf Club.
- Grovely Riding Stables.
- Five Rivers leisure centre with indoor swimming pool and sports centre.
- Fishing at Avon Springs Fishing Lakes.
- Fly fishing at Stockbridge.
- Tennis in town.