About the home
'Spire Views', is a 400 year old mews cottage oozing with character. It was fully renovated last year in preparation for the 2011 letting season. Its location in a quiet cobbled street in the heart of Salisbury makes it ideal for exploring the historic city. It's also a great place from which to visit the surrounding countryside - including the beautiful New Forest, stunning Dorset coastline, and local places of interest such as Stonehenge.
'Spire Views' is spacious, cosy, light and bright. Tastefully furnished, well equipped, and presented to a high standard - it offers a comfortable base for any short break or annual holiday. Used by the owner Piers for his own weekend escape during quiet periods, he has aspired to create a cosy and relaxing home from home.
Accommodation comprises of an open plan sitting room, dining room, kitchen and cloakroom. On the middle floor there is a double bedroom and family bathroom with landing area. The second bedroom is on the second floor with a walk-in wardrobe and ensuite sink. Both bedrooms have views of Salisbury Cathedrals's spire, hence the name 'Spire Views'.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Bournemouth, 38km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 100m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for over 5s only|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Double beds (2), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels|
Further details indoors:
Further details indoors:
• The first bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables, work desk and chest of drawers and hanging rail
• The second bedroom has a king size bed with walk-in wardrobe & sink, bedside tables, chest of drawers
• Both bedrooms share the main bathroom which has a bath with shower, toilet, sink and underfloor heating
• There is an additional downstairs cloakroom.
• Tea towels, cleaning/washing supplies etc are provided
• The kitchen is well equipped, with plenty of cutlery, mugs, plates etc
• Selection of Books & DVDs & games provided.
Further details outdoors:
'Spire Views' has a sunny courtyard corner at the entrance of the house with outdoor dining furniture. Secure area for bicycles is available. Please bring own bike locks.
• Free street parking 3 minute walk from the house all day Sunday
• Residents parking permits available@ £3 per day (within 3 minute walk away).
• Free street parking within 10 min walk
Further details outdoors:
To the front of the property Spire Views has a courtyard corner with seating and table for up to 4 people to enjoy an evening glass of wine or a morning coffee looking up the quaint cobbled residential pedestrian lane.
• 25% deposit required to secure booking.
• Full payment required 6 weeks prior to occupation
• Full booking conditions and cancellation fee details will be provided with booking form
• We recommend that you take out travel insurance to safeguard against travel disruption
• Check out is 10.30am, check in 4.00pm unless otherwise arranged
The Central Southern England / Wiltshire region
Salisbury is the perfect base for touring the South West of England. Visit www.visitwiltshire.co.uk/salisbury/what-to-do for lots of ideas.
Attractions less than an hour away:
• The New Forest: with wandering ponies, pigs, donkeys and deer
• Stonehenge and Avebury ancient henge sites.
• Wilton House. home of the Earl of Pembroke, Wilton and the famous Wilton carpet factory.
• Longleat safari park and Historic House, Paultons park
• Beautiful Gardens: Stourhead, Exbury, Hilliers, Heale House, Larmer Tree Gardens
• National Motor Museum Beaulieu and Museum of Army Flying at Wallop
• Historic naval dockyard at Portsmouth. Poole harbour.
• Historic towns of Winchester, Marlborough, Shaftsbury and stunning Georgian Bath
• The South Coast - Bornemouth, Poole, Lymington, Christchurch, and lovely nearby beaches like Sandbanks
• The Great outdoors: Cranbourne Chase, Dorset Jurassic coastline and Salisbury Plain.
The Salisbury area
Salisbury itself is a vibrant, friendly market town with plenty to do at any time of the year, catering for all ages and interests. Nothing is more than a short walk away.
• Good shopping - including lots of independent and quirky specialist shops
• Twice weekly local Charter market, Farmers market and occasional French market
• Huge selection of pubs including some genuine old fashioned locals and many with live music
• Large variety good restaurants,gastropubs and tea and coffee shops catering for all tastes
• Good selection of arts and entertainment venues - The City Hall, Salisbury Playhouse, Arts Centre, Odeon cinema
• Seasonal events - the Arts Festival May/June, Funfair (Sloe fair) in October and others throughout the year
• Historic attractions - The Cathedral and its beautiful Close, Old Sarum, Mompesson House (NT). Military Museum
• Local public golf, horse riding, fishing including fly fishing, local watersports.
• Salisbury Racecourse
• Outburst - indoor adventure area, mini/ten pin bowling, laser games and Wessex raceway - indoor karting
• Five Rivers leisure centre with indoor swimming pool and sports centre
• Walking: The Wyle and Woodford Valley, Clarendon way, Cathedral watermeadows, Avon Valley Path, bus walks
• Cycling: Extensive Wiltshire cycleway network, the Golden Way, Wyle and Avon Valley and Salisbury Plain Explorer routes
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Salisbury is easily accessed by road - lying south of the A303 and with easy reach of the M3.
Salisbury has its own railway station which is just a 10-15 min walk from the house. South West trains run a direct service from London Waterloo, The journey takes just 90 minutes. There are also regular services to Bath, Portsmouth, Exeter, Southampton, Bristol, and Cardiff . A shuttle bus runs between the train station and the bus station
National Express coach and local bus services terminate at Salisbury bus station which is located in the city centre. The station is under a 5 min walk from the house.
Bournemouth and Southampton international airports are around 40 mins away by car. Heathrow can be reached within 90 minutes, whilst the journey from Gatwick takes just under two hours.
The nearest cross channel ferry terminal is at Poole. Services also run from Portsmouth.
Activities near Salisbury
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
04 Apr 2013
We loved the cottage and its convenient location in Salisbury. The period features delighted our foreign guest. The cottage was well equipped for cooking and was very cozy.
01 Oct 2011
Had a lovely time at Spire View, Great Property in great location and convenient to shops, also their was a number we could phone 24/7 if we had any problem, would stay again with out a doubt.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Mid season - Spring||6 Jan 13||5 May 13||£ 500||-||-||1 Week|
|Peak season - Summer||5 May 13||22 Sep 13||£ 650||-||-||5 Nights|
|Mid season - Autumn||22 Sep 13||22 Dec 13||£ 600||-||-||1 Week|
|Christmas/New Year||22 Dec 13||5 Jan 14||£ 800||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season - Spring||5 Jan 14||27 Apr 14||£ 500||-||-||1 Week|
|Peak - Summer||27 Apr 14||14 Sep 14||£ 700||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
We are unable to offer stays of less than 5 nights. Any nights less than this will be charged at 5 nights.
A £200 refundable damage deposit will be required with every booking.
We can accept payments by cheque or bank transfer in GBP.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
2 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2011. This cottage has received 2 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday apartments in England (20,925)