House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
"Le Suroît" has everything you might need to enjoy a lazy beach- or poolside holiday but you might just find yourself lured away by some of the (many) other possiblities on offer. If you're curious, "Le Suroît" means "Sou'wester" but you are not likely to be needing one here!
The area around St. Raphael is a treasure-trove for the fun-seeker: not just the gorgeous beaches (windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing and scuba-diving), the 3 golf courses but also the spectacular hills of the Esterel - easily accessible and with miles of walking, horse-riding and mountain-biking to be found. Then there is Fréjus, founded in the First century B.C and a thriving town to this day, with ample scope to explore its Roman ruins. For the more sports-inclined visitor, there is tennis, an indoor Olympic-sized swimming pool as well as a fitness circuit laid out through the wooded hills. It is a great jumping-off point for exploring the region: excursions by regular boat service from the marina to St. Tropez and the Islands, or by train to Cannes, Nice, Monte Carlo and beyond. There is truly something here for everyone and in every season.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Plage d'Aiguebonne|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nice 60 km, Nearest railway: St. Raphael 8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
The apartment is on two levels. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, one double with views over the residence to the sea (see the photo gallery); one smaller bedroom with bunk beds (suitable for two children, or one adult on the (larger) lower bunk and one child above and also a shower room. There is a travel cot/play pen and stair gate but please enquire further. Downstairs, there is a kitchen which has a combi-microwave (instructions at the side), 2 ring electric hob, living room, WC and a loggia with fully retractable glass doors so that you can enjoy the best of the view on balmy summer evenings or even cooler winter nights.
|Further details outdoors||
It is a short walk through landscaped gardens to the shared swimming pool, which is open June to September. It is also possible to walk directly from the Residence into the "Parque Dominiale de L'Esterel' - a delightful walk away from the usual bustle of the coast (maps and walking guides are available in the apartment).
- Tourist information, maps and walking guides are available.
- The shared swimming pool is unheated, and only open in the summer. Please contact us for Opening dates.
The Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur region
Loved by holiday-makers for its climate, artists for its light and justly famous for its provençal cuisine, there is also a fascinating history and culture to explore.
- Why not take a break from the beach (or beaches, I should say: there are many) and enjoy one of the local markets.
- Market day in Boulouris is Monday, Wednesday in Agay and in St. Raphael daily. There is a Sunday morning market in nearby Port Frejus and a craft fair along the promenade in St. Raphael throughout the summer.
- St. Raphael has a full programme of events throughout the year, from the Fete des Mimosa in February to the Festival of Light in December and, of course, the famous Jazz festival in July - details can be supplied upon request.
- A visit to the Esterel is a delight and can be enjoyed by car, on foot, horse-back or mountain bike.
- Further afield, you can enjoy the perfumes of Grasse, the tranquillity of the hilltowns or the glamour of Nice, all within easy reach and for the truly adventurous, the mountains and ski resorts of the Mercantour are still within striking distance.