About the home
"Le Suroît" has everything you might need to enjoy a lazy beach- or poolside holiday but you might just find yourself lured away by some of the (many) other possiblities on offer. If you're curious, "Le Suroît" means "Sou'wester" but you are not likely to be needing one here!
The area around St. Raphael is a treasure-trove for the fun-seeker: not just the gorgeous beaches (windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing and scuba-diving), the 3 golf courses but also the spectacular hills of the Esterel - easily accessible and with miles of walking, horse-riding and mountain-biking to be found. Then there is Fréjus, founded in the First century B.C and a thriving town to this day, with ample scope to explore its Roman ruins. For the more sports-inclined visitor, there is tennis, an indoor Olympic-sized swimming pool as well as a fitness circuit laid out through the wooded hills. It is a great jumping-off point for exploring the region: excursions by regular boat service from the marina to St. Tropez and the Islands, or by train to Cannes, Nice, Monte Carlo and beyond. There is truly something here for everyone and in every season.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Plage d'Aiguebonne|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
The apartment is on two levels. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, one double with views over the residence to the sea (see the photo gallery); one smaller bedroom with bunk beds (suitable for two children, or one adult on the (larger) lower bunk and one child above. There is also a travel cot/play pen and stair gate but please enquire further. Downstairs, there is a kitchen which has a combi-microwave (instructions at the side), living room, WC and a loggia with fully retractable glass doors so that you can enjoy the best of the view on balmy summer evenings or even cooler winter nights.
Further details outdoors:
It is a short walk through landscaped gardens to the shared swimming pool, which is open June to September. It is also possible to walk directly from the Residence into the "Parque Dominiale de L'Esterel' - a delightful walk away from the usual bustle of the coast (maps and walking guides are available in the apartment).
- Tourist information, maps and walking guides are available.
- The shared swimming pool is unheated, and only open in the summer. Please contact us for Opening dates.
- Quiet, well-behaved dogs are allowed however, please keep your pet under control.
- A deposit of 50% of the full amount will secure your booking, with the remainder due 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- A further deposit of £150 / €200 which will be refunded to you upon return of keys and satisfactory inspection.
- Bedlinen and towels can be provided, for an additional payment of £5 or 6 Euros per person. Please specify upon booking.
The Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / Var region
Loved by holiday-makers for its climate, artists for its light and justly famous for its provençal cuisine, there is also a fascinating history and culture to explore.
The Saint Raphael / Boulouris area
- Why not take a break from the beach (or beaches, I should say: there are many) and enjoy one of the local markets.
- Market day in Boulouris is Monday, Wednesday in Agay and in St. Raphael daily. There is a Sunday morning market in nearby Port Frejus and a craft fair along the promenade in St. Raphael throughout the summer.
- St. Raphael has a full programme of events throughout the year, from the Fete des Mimosa in February to the Festival of Light in December and, of course, the famous Jazz festival in July - details can be supplied upon request.
- A visit to the Esterel is a delight and can be enjoyed by car, on foot, horse-back or mountain bike.
- Further afield, you can enjoy the perfumes of Grasse, the tranquillity of the hilltowns or the glamour of Nice, all within easy reach and for the truly adventurous, the mountains and ski resorts of the Mercantour are still within striking distance.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
EasyJet / BMI Baby / Jet2 or scheduled flight to Nice Airport
There is an airport shuttle or taxi to Nice train station, and car hire companies available from the Airport
TGV/Train to St. Raphael Station
Activities near Saint Raphael
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
15 Sep 2011
Wow! Le Suroit is a traditional French style house which is very well equipped, homely and has amazing views from both the patio and the main bedroom.
The patio/ veranda area is perfect for breakfast, sunbathing and BBQ's! We absolutely loved this place and would recommend it to anyone, its also good value for money and in a good location to explore the Cote d' Azur. We will be returning, thank you Wendy for an amazing stay.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Mid Season||3 Sep 12||1 Nov 12||£ 365||£ 65||£ 65||4 Nights|
|Low Season||1 Nov 12||23 Dec 12||£ 275||£ 45||£ 45||4 Nights|
|Xmas & New Year||23 Dec 12||6 Jan 13||£ 350||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||6 Jan 13||23 Mar 13||£ 300||£ 45||£ 45||4 Nights|
|Mid Season||23 Mar 13||29 Jun 13||£ 400||£ 65||£ 65||4 Nights|
|High Season||29 Jun 13||7 Sep 13||£ 600||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||7 Sep 13||2 Nov 13||£ 400||£ 65||£ 65||4 Nights|
|Low Season||2 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 300||£ 45||£ 45||4 Nights|
|Xmas & New Year||21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 375||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This house has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Book direct or online
Payments for this home can be made online on Holiday Lettings or directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in France (12,368)