Crystal Penthouse No22
Penthouse | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Perched on the 5th floor commanding panoramic views across St. Pauls Bay setting a most desirable view you will surely want to take home with you. The location of Crystal No22. is undoubtedly one of the best locations within St. Pauls Bay to stay, with Bugibba Piazza/Promenade just a 60 second walk away offering you souvenir shops, coffee shops, restaurants, cafes, bars, water sports, beach, bus stop, Yep! You got it, just about everything is on your door step, so for those of you that don't want to rent a car then your fine here.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Amazonia 100 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Malta International Airport 21 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
Take the lift from ground to 5th and top floor, whereupon entering this newly presented Penthouse reveals a typical Mediterranean open plan living space (Air Conditioned) with lots of natural light coming from the wide patio door windows that wrap around the kitchen, living, dining area. The terrace which surrounds the Penthouse is huge to say the least (see images) where you can truly relax and unwind within a generous space. Bedrooms comprising of a double master bedroom (Air Conditioned) with en-suite shower facility and access to terrace, a double bedroom (Air Conditioned) with access to terrace, a bedroom with 2 single beds (Air Conditioned) a bathroom with corner bath.
• Flat Screen TV
• English/Italian/Maltese channels
• 2 Leather Sofa
• Shower with Power Jets & Radio
• AAA class Air Conditioning units
Property will be cleaned and prepared prior to your arrival, fresh bed linen and towels are provided per 7 night stay. It is expected that you leave the property in a clean and tidy order.
1 Beach Towel 1 Bath Towel & 1 Hand Towel provided per 7 day stay, per guest.
|Further details outdoors|
• Huge Terrace
• Panoramic Views of Bay
• Sun Loungers
• Sun Chairs
• Table and Chairs
• BBQ on Request
• Our 'Meet & Greet' English speaking representative will check you In and Out.
• Welcome Food Pack available on Request.
• Internet available on Request.
• Cot & High Chair available on Request.
• Car Hire booking assistance on Request.
• Transfers to Property available on Request.
• Directions to Property available on Request..
The Island of Malta region
Malta – offers the perfect holiday destination for all kinds of people, whether a Family Holiday, Romantic Getaway a leisure or business trip. Weather is some of the best in terms of sunshine you will find in the Mediterranean in given its most southerly geographical position. In brief summery Malta offers excitement in Water Sports, Scuba Diving, Exotic Locations, Historical Prevalence, Superb Beaches, excellent food and lots of varied Entertainment to please all kinds of taste.
Malta – the very name conjures up thoughts of the George Cross and enough historical sights to keep you busy for a month, however there's so much more to this little beauty than a fascinating past. These days you're just as likely to hear about its film locations and nightlife as you are its history and culture. Hollywood epics such as Troy, Gladiator and Alexander were all filmed on the island's sunny shores. And world famous artist such as Sting, Brian Adams, Tom Jones have graced Malta. But though Malta's image is changing fast, its breathtaking beauty and English speaking locals remains one of the key ingredients that draws people back year after year. Wherever you go, the island's eye-popping scenery provides a sigh-inducing backdrop. And as for all that history, with so much of the past still visible today, there's no wonder it's known as an open-air museum. Travel back in time to discover Malta's mysterious prehistory. Retrace the footsteps of St Paul. Or see where the Knights of St John defended Christendom. But Malta is no regular museum. Here life is lived to the full, so be prepared to get stuck into the Mediterranean way of life. Throw yourself into carnivals and village festa's make the most of the island's packed calendar of events. If you're looking for a destination that offers more than just a suntan, Malta will definitely deliver beyond your expectations!
Saint Paul's Bay
St Paul's Bay and its neighbours Bugibba and Qawra form Malta's largest, seaside resort, offering the holidaymaker a variety of nightlife and leisure options. The coastline here has some wonderful open sea views and a vista across to St Paul's Island directly from the Penthouse, where according to legend the ship carrying the apostle St. Paul is said to have been shipped wrecked.
Crystal Penthouse No22. Is found in the heart of Bugibba, being part of the St. Pauls Bay area, it may be a young location compared to the ancient town of St Paul's, however Bugibba has caught on quickly to what makes a great break away, a bustling central square with plenty of alfresco coffee shops, restaurants, bars, watersports and a promenade along the seafront. Nightlife that's just bursting to get going Young, old and the young at heart can't get enough of Bugibba, every kind of taste and budget has been catered for. Bugibba now has its very own man made beach, where one can plunge into the crystal blue Med, to cool down or enjoy snorkelling and a limitless selection of dives schools in close proximity. In fact just a 60 second walk from Crystal Penthouse No22. see's you on the main square and a jetty, where one can take a boat taxi to Comino to experience the Blue Lagoon, which boast the most crystal blue sea you will find on the Maltese islands. After a hard days holidaying the nightlife will have you spoilt for choice by either browsing the many souvenir shops, enjoy a wonderful meal by the sea or a pleasant stroll down the main promenade or perhaps you can even go old school and have a game of bingo or two.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
4 Jul 2014
"Excellent location let down by standard of cleanliness and equipment"
Despite paying a charge for early check-in the apartment wasn't quite ready or properly cleaned before our arrival. There was dirt everywhere, the towels and bed sheets were badly stained and q… More
23 Dec 2013
"Have the facts before you stay here."
So..where to begin, I stayed here in October 2013 with my sister, my son and for a few days, my friend. It is not all that it is described to be, apart from the fact that it is fairly big.On arrival … More
In response to your feedback -
1. Prior to your review we have 7 positive Feedbacks, no negative!!!
2. You mention fairly big, the Penthouse covers approx 250sq mtrs (2,690sq ft), which in my opinion is not small!!! See other reviews for comments on size!
3. You was advised and provided with a Tel No. on email to call on your arrival to confirm your check in time, your flight landed at 11:00am we did not receive a phone call from you, the lady who had to check you in was stood at the front door from 13:55 till 14:15 as this was the time you stated that you would be at the property, when we asked you did you try to call us you stated 'No'.
4. In terms of the property cleanliness, you never brought this to our attention whilst staying at the Penthouse nor on departure, no other guest ever complained about cleanliness! See other reviews for comments!
5. I do not mention anywhere that the Penthouse overlooks the square, the Penthouse overlooks the bay, if you look over the railing you will see the lower properties of which in Malta have flat roofs with water tanks, but to quote; these roofs are only viewable by looking directly over the railing of which properties do not tie into the Penthouse block, but are across the road at lower levels.
Guest feedback - "The property is excellent, very spacious and comes with an excellent balcony. The views of the sea are a particular highlight. We stayed with 2 small children and found that the property accommodated our every need".
Guest feedback - "Wonderful penthouse with stunning views. Very close to the Bugibba center".
6. You mention poorly lit and only by street lamps you can navigate your way around, the block accommodates permanent residents and has an association that looks after the block, lights are replaced once not working promptly in the common areas, furthermore they're more than 10 external lights on the Penthouse terrace, perhaps you didn't see the switch, which is set to the side of the patio door as you exit to the terrace!
7. There is no washing machine, as we do not advertise the Penthouse with a washing machine the Penthouse does not have a washing machine!
8. We inform all guest on the terms of the rental that the accommodation will be cleaned prior your stay, in your case the Penthouse was cleaned the day before your arrival and that you receive 1 beach, 1 bath, 1 hand towel per 7 night stay. Should you require more linen and towels there is a charge for the laundry, we left you double the allowance for your 10 night stay, ie; 6 beach, 6 bath, 6 hand towels were left for you!
9. In terms of noise, the Penthouse is on the 5th floor, do note that the Penthouse is situated within the tourist hub of St. Pauls Bay and like any tourist location an amount of activity will certainly take place, we state on the advert that the main promenade is 60 seconds walk away. Thus it is a question of compromise if you want to be near amenities and tourist attractions expect an amount of noise.
Guest feedback - "Everything in the apartment and the surrounding area was as described on the website. Marthese greeted us on arrival & was friendly and very helpful. The pick up to/from airport was perfect with a really informative friendly driver. Bugibba was beautiful, shops, restaurants, seafront, bus station was all within easy walking distance".
Guest feedback - We found the whole experience from start to finish, excellent. We must say a big thank you to Paul and Marthese for making our holiday on Malta an enjoyable, memorable but most of all stress free.
10. Your comment about hidden charges has me extremely perplexed, as the owner of the agency that runs the property I can categorically state that I run no business practice of hidden charges, ANY and ALL charges are outlined on the Booking Form, you requested a BBQ of which the Penthouse does not have or advertise it has, thus when requested you required a BBQ there is a charge for the rental of a BBQ where available, if the Penthouse is advertised with a BBQ then it is included. To note all the charges pertaining to the rental are outlined on the Booking Form, how can I possibly hide something then try to charge for it, if it is not mentioned or AGREED it cannot be charged for!!! No request other than that agreed was asked for, your request was for an item the property does not have!!!
11. Your ending comment "I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anybody. I expect honesty from people, especially when they are taking my money. Another point to consider also, read the small print very carefully as there is no refund policy with the vendors, one can only wonder why" In terms of honesty I don't who you are pointing the finger at here, I do not run small print, but a readable size font for the Booking terms and conditions, of which ALL charges pertaining to rental are clearly legible, the terms state that should you cancel the booking there is no refund, the grounds of a cancellation are varied of which should be covered within your Holiday Insurance policy, it has been the case where a guest has cancelled and we were not successful in a re-let, which is unfair to the owner making a commitment as per the terms to honour the dates booked. We accept deferment of cancelled dates to alternative and available dates, in the event a guest for whatever reason cannot make the original booked dates.
I believe that due to your wait for us to return to check you in, has prompted you to write negatively about the accommodation, we sent you an email 17 days prior your arrival advising you as we do all guest to call the telephone number provided to confirm your check in time as arranged.
We was at the front door of the block at 13:55 nonetheless having not heard from you and waited until 14:15, the check in lady called me in the UK as I was visiting family, that she had not located or heard from you. I instructed her to go to her next appointment, where I then tried to call you to determine where you was, but could not get through on several occasions, when I managed to reach you, you stated that you were in a location where the phone had no reception and thus not by the block. I can honestly quote you are the only guest that did not call us to confirm your arrival on Malta and to confirm your meeting time with us at 14:00 at the property as arranged and requested by you.
I am sorry your experience was not as expected.
25 Aug 2013
"fantadtic accommodation in convenient location"
We have just returned from a fantastic stay at the Crystal penthouse. On arrival in Malta we were met by the taxi driver arranged by the accommodation who efficiently displayed a board with our name … More
22 Jul 2013
"Excellent accommodation, a pleasure to stay!!!!!!!"
We stayed in this property May 26th 2012 after it was recommended to us by my in laws who had stayed the previous year.
The property is excellent, very spacious and comes with an excellent balcony.
The views of the sea are a particular highlight.
We stayed with 2 small children and found that the property accommodated our every need. (lift making life very easy with pushchairs).
We like the property so much that are booking again to go next may and this time are also taking no 21. Cant wait for the holiday!!!!!!
The agents are very helpful and will accommodate your every need promptly.
Many thanks to the staff and look forward to seeing you next year!!!!
24 Mar 2013
Wonderful penthouse with stunning views. Very close to the Bugibba center, beach is just 5 minutes walk. Grocery store, restaurants, shops - everything is in a stones´s throw.
Penthouse is well furnished, the large terrace is just amazing. Especially evening breeze with fantastic sunset views was experience to remember.
The only disadvantage was the temperature. Penthouses tend to be hot, we needed to use A/C almost nonstop, what was bit more expensive as we expected.
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review your feedback is greatly appreciated. Rgrds Paul
20 Aug 2012
"Wonderful apartment, wonderful area!"
Everything in the apartment and the surrounding area was as described on the website. Marthese greeted us on arrival & was friendly and very helpful. The pick up to/from airport was perfect with a rea… More
1 Sep 2011
I would like to thank Paul and Marthese for making our holiday memorable. From our initial contact Paul was very helpful and kept in contact throughout, even two days before our departure. The taxi meeting us at the Airport was great, no hassle trying to look for a taxi. On our arrival at the apartment we were met by Marthese who was lovely, very informative and we could tell then that if we had any problems she would be there to help us. On our departure she was there when she said she would and even arranged for the taxi to take us to the Airport.
The apartment was fantastic, well equipped inside and out, there is a hand book with information of amenities and places to visit. The views and location was brilliant, only two minutes walk from bars and restaurants. If its a lively night life your looking for you wont find it in St Paul's Bay, although the bars have live music most nights.
We found the whole experience from start to finish, excellent. We must say a big thank you to Paul and Marthese for making our holiday on Malta an enjoyable, memorable but most of all stress free.
Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation of our management. It was a pleasure having you.
9 Jul 2011
"Excellent accomodation close to local amenities"
Well presented property and we were well looked after on arrival and departure with excellent help and guidance from Paul who manages the apartment and is based in Malta.
Paul has a wealth of local knowledge and is charming to deal with and very helpful with locations, car hire and taxis. He has produced a guide to Malta which is essential reading
I thank you for your feedback and appreciation of my local knowledge, happy you enjoyed the property and the islands as a whole.
1 Jun 2011
"Highly recomended, great service"
We have stayed at the Crystal house for 10 days during April 2011, We loved the appartment, the location was perfect, spacious. The owner was great, very freindly, helpful and would response immediatl… More
Appreciate your kind words and happy you found the whole experience most gratifying.
You're booking with
Paul Hay (Property Manager Holiday Lets Malta Gozo)
- 5 Years listed
Calendar last updated:20 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Saint Paul's Bay
- 160 properties
- 143 properties
- Saint Julian's
- 142 properties
- 131 properties
- 63 properties
- 46 properties
- 25 properties
- 23 properties
- 22 properties
- 20 properties
- 19 properties
- 18 properties
- 14 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- Zebbug, Malta
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties