About the home
A converted Gascon farmhouse with private mature gardens and covered salt water pool. Great views of the surrounding countryside from the whole of the property.
The house is on two floors and consists of:
3 bedrooms - 1 double on the ground floor and a twin and double on the first floor. There is a ground floor family bathroom and separate toilet. The two upstairs bedrooms share a shower room.
There is a very large sitting/dining room with a wood burning fire, large flat screen TV, seating for 6 people. There is a dining table which seats 6.
The kitchen is very well equipped with every appliance necessary and gives onto a covered outside eating area with a table and chairs. There is also a separate laundry room.
The house has electric heating throughout.
The house is convenient for visiting the many medieval towns of the Gers. Fleurance is 10 minutes away and has one of the region's largest markets every Tuesday morning.
The region is well served with many good quality restaurants Local vineyards produce wine, Floc and Armagnac. The area is also famous for it's duck products such as magret, confit and foie gras.
The caretaker speaks English and lives nearby.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Mimizan, 210km|
Nearest amenities: 4km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 en suite and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
Extremely well presented throughout, the owners live here for 4/5 months of the year.
Large flat screen TV with 'free to air viewing' & DVDs, music systems, books.
There is a main bathroom with separate WC on the ground floor, the two first floor bedrooms share a "Jack & Jill" shower room with WC.
As one of the bedrooms is on the ground floor, this could prove very practical for people with disabilities.
Electricity, linen and towels are included in the rental price. However pool towels must be supplied by the guests.
The house is available for rent between the beginning of May and the end of August and has electric heating throughout.
Further details outdoors:
Outside there is a covered car port, , several external terraces for dining al fresco, BBQ.
A large hangar with a prepared hard surface for playing Boules.
A covered salt water swimming pool 10m x 5m. The automatic cover offers security for children and also heats up the pool for swimming in early and late season.
Plenty of pool-side furniture with relaxing chairs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROPERTY RENTAL
1. Holiday Price The price quoted is guaranteed for the agreed period, on receipt of your deposit of 30% of your total invoice value. This deposit is non refundable and therefore we strongly recommend you insure your holiday as soon as you confirm your booking. The balance of your invoice is due 8 weeks prior to arrival. On receipt of your deposit we will confirm your holiday. Payment can either be by Euro cheque payable to Rebecca Santos, or it can be made by bank transfer. Our bank details are available on request if you prefer this method. The holiday price includes bedding, (sheets, pillow case, light duvets) and bath towels, but does NOT include swimming pool towels.
2. Returnable Breakage Deposit A breakage deposit of €400 will be asked for with your balance, this will be banked and held as security. This will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure less the cost of any breakages and damages.
3. Care of the Property - You are responsible for any breakages, damages or loss to the property and all the amenities provided, and for leaving it in good order and in clean condition. The gite will be clean on arrival and it should be left that way on departure. If you commit any serious abuse or damage to the property or any of it's amenities, we reserve the right to treat your holiday as cancelled, and require you to leave the property immediately without any compensation.
4. Electricity Charges Included in the holiday price for all appliances installed in the house.
5. Arrival/Departure times Arrivals and departures are on Thursdays, (other days are possible on request) arrival must be after 16.00 hours but no later than 22.00 and departure before 10.00 hours or by prior arrangement.
6. Cancellation by you as stated in Point 1, the deposit is non refundable, but should the holiday be cancelled less than 8 weeks prior to arrival, the full 100% of cost less breakage deposit is to be paid. Provided cancellation is unavoidable, these costs should be recovered by your personal travel insurance. We strongly recommend that insurance be taken out to protect against unavoidable cancellation, accident, illness or injury, or breakdown to your vehicle on a self-drive holiday.
7. Sleeping Capacity This must be agreed on booking to enable us to provide the accommodation most suitable for your needs. Under no circumstances is the maximum number of occupants indicated on booking to be exceeded, should this occur then either a surcharge of €450.00 per week per additional person will be required on arrival, or we reserve the right to refuse admission to the property of any of your party in excess of the agreed number.
8. Amenities Every care is taken to ensure that all the information is as accurate as possible, but there may be instances where facilities or features described have to be altered or withdrawn. There may be rare occasions when for reasons beyond our control a property has to be withdrawn. In such cases we will offer to find similar alternative accommodation where possible, and if this is not possible or acceptable, all payments received will be refunded.
9. Use of the pool and gardens- The use of the swimming pool, which is unsupervised, is entirely at your own risk. Parents agree to ensure children are supervised at all times. The gardens are also not supervised and similarly use of these facilities is entirely at your own risk. The proprietor cannot be held responsible for any accidents on the property resulting from improper use of the pool or other facilities.
10. Under no circumstances must our accommodation be sub let to a third party. If it is discovered that this is the case then the full amount of the security deposit will be forfeited without any refund.
The Midi-Pyrenees / Gers region
Emperus is surrounded by the vineyards of the Cotes de Gascogne wines, with numerous caves for tasting and buying the local wines and Armagnacs. The Gers is a gastronomic heaven specialising in Foie Gras, Confit and Magret de Canard, which can be sampled in many of the good local, inexpensive restaurants.
There are many bastide villages / towns in the vicinity ,including Fleurance, Condom, and Lectoure.
The property is situated amidst rolling countryside with spectacular views. It really is an area of outstanding natural beauty. Ideal for walkers or keen cyclists.
The Saint Leonard, Gers area
St Léonard is a medieval village and still boasts a very impressive chateau and church. Situated on the crest of a small hill it looks out over the surrounding farmland. The village holds it annual festival on the second week of July.
Here is a selection of activities you may wish to do during your stay at Emperus.
Walking – Great area for walking with marked paths criss-crossing the region.
Water activities –there is a very good water sport centre at St Clar with sandy beaches and water slides. There is also a restaurant and snack bar on site. Fishing is permitted in many of the irrigation lakes and rivers – lists of fishing sites and permits can be bought from any of the region’s tourist offices.
Walibi Water Fun Park – near to Agen. This is a great family day out. Full of rides and activities for all ages. There are numerous bars and restaurants on-site. Not cheap but families benefit from a good group reduction.
Cycling - Bicycles can be hired at Lectoure. For more serious cyclists bring your own as the region is quiet with very little traffic - safe for families with little children. Good off-road routes as well for mountain bikes. In high season bikes can be hired at Lectoure. Labastide d'Armagnac, 45 kms away, is well worth a visit. It has a small chapel, Notre-Dame-des-Cyclistes – which is France's own official sanctuary for racers.
Golf clubs – 4 courses within 15 - 45 mins, nearest being the well rated Golf de Fleurance which is built around an 18th century Gascon house. Classed as a 9+9 with many different re-start points, it gives the impression of being a real 18 hole course. It is classed as the ninth best 9 hole course in France. Due to the wonderful Gers climate, it is open all year. It also has a good restaurant with special golfers' menus starting at 10 Euros. Other courses are Gold Club de Guinlet near Eauze; the 18-hole Golf d'Auch-Embats which also has a good restaurant. The 9 hole Golf de la Martines near L’Isles Jourdain, The 9+9 Golf de Gascogne near Masseube and the 9+9 Golf du Chateau de Pallane at Tissac.
Horse riding – there are several local centres, including Laplume and La Romieu.
Tennis – nearest courts at Fleurance; Large tennis complex at Condom opposite the new outdoor swimming pool.
Quad-biking – about 25 mins from the house, near Roquelaure, to the north of Auch.
Horse-racing and Trotting – nearest course is at Castera-Verduzan, Another large course is near to Beaumont de Lomagne.
Car and Motorcycle racing – Circuit Paul Armagnac at Nogaro, 50 miles south west, is a modern challenging circuit. Events most of the year. Club days are good where you see amateurs flogging their pride and joy around the track.
Flying – Good flying clubs at all the local airports, Agen and Auch. You can also learn to parachute at Agen. Hang-gliding and para-gliding at St Clar..
Antiques and Bric a Brac – Every town has at least one brocante. Many fairs throughout the year. In the season you can visit an outdoor “Vide Grenier” a type of car boot sale. Have done them myself and they are great fun, there are still bargains to be had.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Emperus is situated in the department of the Gers in south west France, halfway between Fleurance and Saint Clar just outside the pretty village of Saint Léonard. Whilst nestling in the peaceful countryside of Gascony it is still easily accessible by air, road and rail.
600 miles/1000kms from Calais, 10 hours driving via fast and mainly traffic free autoroutes.
Exit the A62 at junction 8, signed Valence d'Agen. Take the D953 heading south for 8km then join the D40 for a further 16 kms directions St Clar. Pass through St Clar and take the D953 for 2kms. After a double bend take the D8 on your left and continue into St Léonard. Pass through the village and take the first right signposted Emperus. Continue for about 1.5 kms, Emperus is on your right just after the sharp bend.
Eurostar from London to Paris, TGV from Paris to Agen. Total journey time 8-9 hours. Car hire available at Agen station.
All major airlines fly to the region, BA, Air France, Easyjet, Ryanair, Fly-Be, BMI Baby. Approximate journey times from each airport are - Toulouse 1hr, Bordeaux 1h 45m, Bergerac 1h 45m, Carcassonne 2h, Pau 2h.
Activities near Saint Leonard, Gers
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|low season||2 May 13||28 Jun 13||€ 1250||-||-||1 Week|
|high season||28 Jun 13||6 Sep 13||€ 1450||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Changeover day is Thursday. This helps you take advantage of cheaper flights and makes travelling by car easier as roads are often quieter.Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Le Clozet Gite and B&B in Condom, France
Holiday homes in France (11,690)