Caravan/Mobile Home | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The mobile-home is 800 metres from the beach and near the seaside town of St Jean de Monts. This bustling town has many attractions:- shops, bars, cafes, restaurants, a casino and a market twice a week. Notre Dame de Monts a short distance from the site is quiet and peaceful and has a beautiful beach.
The mobile-home is at the end of a small private cul de sac in a quiet part of the site. Ideal for dining alfesco. With one double room and a twin bedded room the mobile-home is ideal for families. There is plenty to do and see in the surrounding area for both adults and children.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Plage de Daviere 800 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nantes 72 km, Nearest railway: Challans 16 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|Pool||Shared indoor pool, Children's pool|
|General||TV, CD player, Telephone, Fax machine, Pool or snooker table, Table tennis, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Outdoors||Shared indoor pool, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Climbing frame, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
* Both bedrooms have wardrobes and cupboard space.
* The home has a separate shower room with washbasin/mirror and a separate toilet.
* The white, galley kitchen is well equipped for 6 people.
* A portable fan and fixed fan in the lounge area are for hot sunny days.
* A gas heater in the lounge area is for early or late on in the season.
* Duvets, pillows and blankets are provided but not sheets and pillow cases.
|Further details outdoors|
* The parking area is to the side of the mobile-home.
* A barbecue table/parasol 6 chairs and 2 sun loungers are provided outside.
* A rotary dryer is provided for all your drying needs.
* On site there are 4 pools, one indoor, one outdoor with five water slides, an outdoor adult pool and a
toddlers pool near the main entrance.
* There is a warm and friendly bar and restaurant to enjoy family entertainment both inside and outside.
* More Information will be provided when booking eg site map - directions to site- hosts on site.
* Information is provided in the mobile-home on things to do and see in the area eg: safari parks, markets etc.
* The indoor swimming pool is available from the middle of May until the 2nd week in September.
* The outdoor pools are available in July/August.
* The site shop is open at the end of May until the end of the1st week in September.
* There are English hosts on site to welcome you and to help make your stay enjoyable.
The Poitou-Charentes/Vendee region
The Vendee is one of the sunniest areas on the west coast of France.
Places of Interest to visit :-
Ile d' Yeu and the Ile de Noirmoutier are well worth a visit. There are daily sailings to Yeu from Fromentine. Noirmoutier is accessed over a large bridge or across a causeway 'Le Passage du Gois' at low tide. On Noirmoutier the 'Oceanile Waterpark' is a good day out for both parents and children.
Going south down the coast St Gilles Croix le Vie is a lively fishing port with a marina and a good shopping precinct.
Les Sables d' Olonne has a beautiful beach and promenade with plenty of good restaurants in which to enjoy a relaxing meal. Sables has a zoo for the children and a shell museum.
Challans has a 'Foire' day in July and August when everybody dresses up in old fashioned costumes. Old cars, horse drawn carriages take to the streets. There are market stalls, demonstrations of traditional crafts and musicians/singers entertain all day.
If you like historical buildings the Chateau at Apremont is worth a visit so is the lake.
Pornic up the coast is a delightful place to visit. There is a small chateau to explore and a well known pottery which provides workshops for children
Le Puy de Fou is a reconstruction of a medieval village. In the ruins of a 13 century chateau you can watch a falconry display or see gladiators fight or vikings at war. There is an incredible evening cinescenie show with a cast of 800 and 50 horsemen. Well worth a visit.
Near Bretignolle sur Mer there is a miniature vendeean village which is an interesting record of times past.
Saint Jean de Monts
The area provides opportunities for cycling, walking, quad biking, riding and boat trips in the marais.
Notre Dames de Monts has a water tower to climb with panoramic views over the marais. Le Jardin du Vent (garden of wind) is another attraction well worth a visit.
There is horse racing at the Hippodrome with ponies and traps.
There are many good food restaurants and shops.
Sand yachting is another attraction that takes place on the beach at Notre Dame.
St Jean de Monts has a well known golf course where you can play or relax in the restaurant and watch others play.
L' Avenue de La Mer at St Jean de Monts has many good restaurants.
At Le Perrier you can take a trip through the marais by punt.
Commequiers has a castle to explore.
Throughout the summer months there are all kinds of activities:- food festivals, outdoor concerts to kite festivals, cycling and triathalon events.
One weekend in September the beach is invaded by horses and many events take place from show jumping to polo, also there is an arena of entertainment. A must if you are on holiday in September.