Penthouse | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Penthouse apartment in a private and secure development in Playa Serena, Roquetas de Mar. Apartment has 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms, air con and fans in all bedrooms and living area, and satellite TV (Spanish TV and the usual English channels to keep up with the Soaps).
The apartment has a large sunny terrace with dining table, chairs, sun loungers and parasols. In addition, there is also a much larger private rooftop terrace accessible only from the apartment - it is fenced off for privacy and contains a dining table and chairs, an outdoor suite of furniture, sun loungers, small private pool and pool shower and a pergola with cover for shade from the hot midday sun. Dine, relax, read and sip wine in the shade or sun bathe in the full sun while the kids play in the private pool right beside you on the rooftop terrace.
There is also a large communal pool in the grounds of the apartment and beautiful gardens with sun loungers and parasols.
A short 10 to 15 min stroll takes you to fabulous beaches and bars, restaurants and shops. The entire Playa Serena area of Roquetas de Mar is flat for relaxed strolling. Bus stops located opposite the apartment provide opportunities to travel further afield to many different cities, towns and villages in the region.
The Playa Serena golf course reception & restaurant is a short 5 minute walk away. Another 5 minutes takes you to the start of the shops, restaurants, bars and hotels - and of course the beaches that extend for many kilometres.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Almeria 37 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, Video player, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking, Lift access|
|Further details indoors|
All rooms have individually controlled air con/heating.
Main bathroom has over-bath shower, toilet, bidet and washbasin. 2nd bathroom has toilet and wash basin.
Towels supplied are only for internal use - you need to bring your own beach towels.
Smoking allowed only on terraces.
|Further details outdoors|
Roquetas de Mar itself extends for several kilometres along the sea coast. A car is not necessary but recommended for convenience to drive to the Mario Water Theme Park, the Bullfighting Ring, the Aquarium, Gran Plaza (large shopping centre), the Fishing Port, childrens playground, local markets and many Spanish villages in the region. Close to the Gran Plaza is the Auditorium Theatre with seating for 1,300 spectators hosting stars from the world of music, ballet and theatre.
Only a couple of minutes from the apartment is the the entrance to the Puntas Entinas Natural Park - a bird sanctuary where you can see flamingoes, stilts, terns and many other water birds - walks through the natural park are a favourite for many.
A mini train runs around the resort every day from 10am to midnight - passengers can get on or off at any point in Roquetas de Mar.
The Andalucia region
• Costa Almeria has a little bit of everything a visitor could want. The Sierra María-Los Vélez Nature Reserves with their castle, their caves and their rich fauna, and the Cabo de Gata-Nijar Nature Reserve, with its deserted beaches, wild cliffs, transparent sea beds and coral reefs, bring alive a landscape which offers the traveller the magic of snow, the Mediterranean forest , the desert and the sea.
To the west are the tourist resorts of Roquetas de Mar, Almerimar and Aguadulce. Further north are Vera and Mojacar which combines beautiful beaches with the typical white Spanish mountainside village.
The entire Almeria region spoils tourists with it's real Spanish feel combined with tourist attractions like beaches, golf, water sports and shopping, none of which spoil the attraction and feel of the region.
• Almeria City is a cosmopolitan shoppers delight with markets and high end shopping malls. Here you will also find the Alcazabar, a city within a fortress built around the 12th century. Almeria City is only a short drive from Roquetas de Mar.
Roquetas de Mar
• Roquetas de Mar is a popular resort set against a beautiful mountain backdrop with beautiful, uncrowded, white sandy beaches stretching for many miles. Although modern, it still preserves its classic Spanish charm and authenitic atmosphere. With many excellent restaurants presenting a variety of dishes to suit all taste buds and of course, the Michelin Star restaurant, Alejandros. It is filled with many lively bars, shops and a bustling fishing harbour. Roquetas has something for everyone.
• The village of Roquetas de Mar offers sightseers the 18th century Our Lady of the Rosary Church (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora del Rosario), the 16th century Santa Ana Castle, Roman remains and the Santa Ana lighthouse among other examples of local architecture and historical remains. The Torrequebrada archeological site has uncovered numerous artefacts from the Phoenicians.
Local attractions are:
• Go Carting
• Water theme park
• Bull fighting tours that give you an insight into its traditions and practises.
• Scuba Diving
• Horse riding
• Golf - Very close to the apartment.
• Glass bottom boat with dolphin viewing
• Boat and beach fishing
• There are many attractions within driving distance and by coach tour including the famous Alhambra Palace in Granada, the white-washed village of Mojacar and also the must-visit Cabo de Gata. The beautiful and exotic Generalife Gardens are also a must.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
7 Aug 2014
This was a great apartment in a good location. We had an enjoyable stay and the kids loved the mini pool. Would recommend this peaceful and relaxing spot to others.… More
20 Aug 2013
We stayed in thuis apartment for too weeks. It had been a lovely time. We lived outside and the roofterrace was the place to be. The beach is just 15 minutes walk just as the village. Lovely restauran… More
18 Oct 2012
"spacious, clean, great sun terrace with pool, recommeded"
this penthouse comes recommended, close to restraunts and bars and has a great sun private sun terrace and pool
18 Oct 2012
"well maintained apartment , immaculate inside and helpful owners"
fab apartment with the benefit of a roof top pool, beds so comfy and apartment well equipped with everything you need and more, the owner Valerie is so helpful and Louis and Sadie who look after the apartment felt like family.
17 Mar 2012
"Great Penthouse apartment in excellent location"
We couldn't have been happier with our stay - the apartment is spacious and beautifully furnished. It's close to the beach, and the strip of bars, restaurants and shops are just a few minute… More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
50% Response rate
Calendar last updated:08 Sep 2014
Based in Ireland
Credit cards accepted
- Roquetas de Mar
- 318 properties
- San Jose
- 172 properties
- 148 properties
- Urbanizacion Roquetas de Mar
- 116 properties
- 86 properties
- Cabo de Gata
- 55 properties
- 43 properties
- 34 properties
- Pozo De Los Frailes
- 30 properties
- 29 properties
- La Isleta
- 26 properties
- 21 properties
- 19 properties
- La Rabita, Granada
- 9 properties
- El Ejido
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Campillo Del Moro, El
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties