About the home
Penthouse apartment in a private and secure development in Playa Serena, Roquetas de Mar. Apartment has 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms, air con and fans in all bedrooms and living area, and satellite TV (Spanish TV and the usual English channels to keep up with the Soaps).
The apartment has a large sunny terrace with dining table, chairs, sun loungers and parasols. In addition, there is also a much larger private rooftop terrace accessible only from the apartment - it is fenced off for privacy and contains a dining table and chairs, an outdoor suite of furniture, sun loungers, small private pool and pool shower and a pergola with cover for shade from the hot midday sun. Dine, relax, read and sip wine in the shade or sun bathe in the full sun while the kids play in the private pool right beside you on the rooftop terrace.
There is also a large communal pool in the grounds of the apartment and beautiful gardens with sun loungers and parasols.
A short 10 to 15 min stroll takes you to fabulous beaches and bars, restaurants and shops. The entire Playa Serena area of Roquetas de Mar is flat for relaxed strolling. Bus stops located opposite the apartment provide opportunities to travel further afield to many different cities, towns and villages in the region.
The Playa Serena golf course reception & restaurant is a short 5 minute walk away. Another 5 minutes takes you to the start of the shops, restaurants, bars and hotels - and of course the beaches that extend for many kilometres.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Hen and stag parties
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Lift access to property
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Pools:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, Video player, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Lift access to property, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
All rooms have individually controlled air con/heating.
Main bathroom has over-bath shower, toilet, bidet and washbasin. 2nd bathroom has toilet and wash basin.
Towels supplied are only for internal use - you need to bring your own beach towels.
Smoking allowed only on terraces.
Further details outdoors:
Roquetas de Mar itself extends for several kilometres along the sea coast. A car is not necessary but recommended for convenience to drive to the Mario Water Theme Park, the Bullfighting Ring, the Aquarium, Gran Plaza (large shopping centre), the Fishing Port, childrens playground, local markets and many Spanish villages in the region. Close to the Gran Plaza is the Auditorium Theatre with seating for 1,300 spectators hosting stars from the world of music, ballet and theatre.
Only a couple of minutes from the apartment is the the entrance to the Puntas Entinas Natural Park - a bird sanctuary where you can see flamingoes, stilts, terns and many other water birds - walks through the natural park are a favourite for many.
A mini train runs around the resort every day from 10am to midnight - passengers can get on or off at any point in Roquetas de Mar.
The Costa de Almeria region
• Costa Almeria has a little bit of everything a visitor could want. The Sierra María-Los Vélez Nature Reserves with their castle, their caves and their rich fauna, and the Cabo de Gata-Nijar Nature Reserve, with its deserted beaches, wild cliffs, transparent sea beds and coral reefs, bring alive a landscape which offers the traveller the magic of snow, the Mediterranean forest , the desert and the sea.
To the west are the tourist resorts of Roquetas de Mar, Almerimar and Aguadulce. Further north are Vera and Mojacar which combines beautiful beaches with the typical white Spanish mountainside village.
The entire Almeria region spoils tourists with it's real Spanish feel combined with tourist attractions like beaches, golf, water sports and shopping, none of which spoil the attraction and feel of the region.
• Almeria City is a cosmopolitan shoppers delight with markets and high end shopping malls. Here you will also find the Alcazabar, a city within a fortress built around the 12th century. Almeria City is only a short drive from Roquetas de Mar.
The Roquetas de Mar / Playa Serena area
• Roquetas de Mar is a popular resort set against a beautiful mountain backdrop with beautiful, uncrowded, white sandy beaches stretching for many miles. Although modern, it still preserves its classic Spanish charm and authenitic atmosphere. With many excellent restaurants presenting a variety of dishes to suit all taste buds and of course, the Michelin Star restaurant, Alejandros. It is filled with many lively bars, shops and a bustling fishing harbour. Roquetas has something for everyone.
• The village of Roquetas de Mar offers sightseers the 18th century Our Lady of the Rosary Church (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora del Rosario), the 16th century Santa Ana Castle, Roman remains and the Santa Ana lighthouse among other examples of local architecture and historical remains. The Torrequebrada archeological site has uncovered numerous artefacts from the Phoenicians.
Local attractions are:
• Go Carting
• Water theme park
• Bull fighting tours that give you an insight into its traditions and practises.
• Scuba Diving
• Horse riding
• Golf - Very close to the apartment.
• Glass bottom boat with dolphin viewing
• Boat and beach fishing
• There are many attractions within driving distance and by coach tour including the famous Alhambra Palace in Granada, the white-washed village of Mojacar and also the must-visit Cabo de Gata. The beautiful and exotic Generalife Gardens are also a must.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Almeria airport 35 kms - Murcia airport 186 kms - Malaga airport 200kms
Activities near Roquetas de Mar
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
18 Oct 2012
this penthouse comes recommended, close to restraunts and bars and has a great sun private sun terrace and pool
18 Oct 2012
fab apartment with the benefit of a roof top pool, beds so comfy and apartment well equipped with everything you need and more, the owner Valerie is so helpful and Louis and Sadie who look after the apartment felt like family.
17 Mar 2012
We couldn't have been happier with our stay - the apartment is spacious and beautifully furnished. It's close to the beach, and the strip of bars, restaurants and shops are just a few... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Nov 2012 - Jan 2013||1 Nov 12||1 Feb 13||€ 400||-||-||1 Week|
|Feb 2013 - Mar 2013||1 Feb 13||1 Apr 13||€ 420||-||-||1 Week|
|Apr 2013 - May 2013||1 Apr 13||1 Jun 13||€ 450||-||-||1 Week|
|Jun 2013||1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 475||-||-||1 Week|
|Jul 2013||1 Jul 13||1 Aug 13||€ 525||-||-||1 Week|
|Aug 2013||1 Aug 13||17 Aug 13||€ 550||-||-||2 Weeks|
|Aug 2013||17 Aug 13||1 Sep 13||€ 550||-||-||2 Weeks|
|Sep 2013||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||€ 475||-||-||1 Week|
|Oct 2013 - Dec 2013||1 Oct 13||31 Dec 13||€ 400||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Non-refundable deposit of €150 required to confirm booking. Final balance payable in full 6 weeks prior to rental period. <BR><BR>Additional Security deposit of €150 is required with final balance. €45 of this will be retained for final cleaning. The remainder will be refunded as soon as our management have carried out a final inspection (the odd broken crockery item will not be an issue but costs for missing items or more serious breakages may be recouped from the security deposit).<BR><BR>Rooftop and main pool open June to September.<BR><BR>Payment Methods: PayPal, Bank Transfer in EurosEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in Ireland and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This penthouse has received 3 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in Spain (14,962)