Penthouse Apt Oasis Playa Serena Roquetas de Mar
from £39 /night help
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
• Oasis Playa Serena (OPS) is only a second floor penthouse in a low rise and small size complex. From the expansive private solarium (66m2) there are fantastic views over the lagoons and natural park to the mountains. Rare breed of birds and flamingoes are a common sight on the lagoons.
• Leading from the living room is a nice size balcony with views to a good size swimming pool so you can relax al fresco while watching the child(ren) play. An added advantage is the pool has the sun all day long to keep it warm and extra shading around from palm trees. There are lifeguards on site from late June to late August. Good sunbathing on tiled and grassed areas.
• The apartment is only 10 minute level stroll from the beach and 15 mins to shops bars and restaurants. A superb golf course is a 10 minute stroll and is known to be the flattest in all of the Spanish Costas, ideal for the less mobile.
• There are plenty of local attractions to keep families, the young and more mature happy. There also many area attractions within a short drive.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Roquetas Playa Serena 1 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1.5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Almeria 40 km, Nearest railway: Almeria 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
• Each room has an individual remote control for the air-conditioning/central heating plus ceiling fans. They also have oil filled radiators for each room if you have preference over the central heating.
• The bathroom towels are all of luxury Egyptian percale cotton and all sheets are cotton or cotton rich.
• The main bedroom has a super king size bed (6') and fitted wardrobes, a satellite freeview TV with DVD player and a hairdryer. This bedroom has its own private en-suite with bath and shower. It also has the advantage of having its own door leading to the balcony.
• The second bedroom has twin beds, built in wardrobes, satellite freeview TV, DVD player and PS2 with a few games. This bedroom has as an addition a fold up bed, for a smaller child or adult and a collapsible cot for babies or toddlers.
• Both bedrooms are separated from the lounge diner and kitchen by a door which also makes the second shower room very close to being private for the second bedroom.
• A modern kitchen is separate from the living dining area, a serving let and has all mod cons.
• The modern dining table has six chairs and enough matching cutlery and crockery for six pla
cements. Also there is a set of top quality cutlery, crockery, glasses and napkins etc for that romantic meal or invitation of friends.
• The living area has 2 settees, one which folds into a double bed. A 32” LCD TV with sky freeview, DVD player and connection set up for PS2. A range of DVDs for all of the family and a radio/CD player.
• There are also a variety of books, board and card games etc available to keep you entertained for a night in.
• Leading out onto the balcony there is a table and 4 chairs with a parasol to keep you cool in the height of summer and extra fold up chairs if required also there are great views across to the pool and beautifully kept gardens and greens.
• Up to the top via safe marble staircase is the immense private solarium. This has a table and chairs with cushions. There are 4 sunbeds with cushions and parasols which can have the sun all day from early morning and be able to watch the glorious sunsets at the end of the day. There are great views to the pool, golf course and sea or to the Natural Park, lagoons of rare birds, flamingos and the snow capped mountains. Our favourite time of the day is watching the sunset and the twinkling of lights from the mountain villages and a small aperitif in our hands, so relaxing.
• The apartment and complex is child and toddler friendly with a gated complex, fenced pool, and the apartment terrace has a high surrounding and the solarium has high walls
|Further details outdoors|
• The Outdoor pool is large by comparison to the complex size so there is plenty of room for everyone to enjoy. The pool is fenced and gated for safety reasons and there are lifeguards in attendance from late June to mid September all day every day. The pool has the sun all day long therefore heating it, a rarity in Spain. The pool is lit at night for both safety reasons and to give a fantastic visual effect.
• The gardens are highly maintained with palm trees, bushes, foliage and flowers which makes for a nice leisurely stroll around.
• Close to the complex is the natural park which is a delight for cyclists, joggers and walkers alike, completely flat and a history leading back to Roman times. See the photographic vantage points for the rare breed of birds and flamingos in the lagoons.
• Go to the uncrowded natural beach in the park or stroll down to the beaches with available sun loungers, parasols, watersports, children's shaded play areas, yes they are on the beach and shaded by palm trees.
This really is a child friendly resort and complex.
• Welcome pack provided on arrival.
• The pool maybe used outside of the lifeguarded season but that you do so at your own or children's risk.
• The dates and days for booking are flexible subject to availability.
• Subject to leading and following guests it is possible to stay in the apartment until late for no extra charge.
• All towels and bedding are supplied but we would have a preference for each guest to try to keep to 1 bath sheet and 1 hand towel per week for each person booked into the apartment.
• For 2 week booking and more there will be a midterm clean and sheet change.
• For booking of 28 days or more then a cleaner arrives before and after the stay and the guest is then responsible for their own cleaning and washing. If a cleaner is required this can be negotiated at a reasonable rate.
• There are some sun lounger towels but these are the responsibility of the guest to wash before the ending of their stay.
The Andalucia region
• With an average of 11hrs sunshine and zero rainfall during the summer months no wonder the Spanish want to keep this coastline to themselves
• The Costa Almeria is an up and coming area of Spain, still largely undeveloped and unspoilt by tourism. It is the sunniest, driest part of the continent and for holiday makers, that carries a guarantee of many days of sunshine throughout the year. Ranging from the blue Mediterranean coastlines of the Costa Calida (Warm Coast) and Costa Almeria to the high mountains of the Sierra Nevadas, there are landscapes here that delight everyone.
• Almeria City is a cosmopolitan shoppers delight with markets and high end shopping malls.
• Almeria has an Alcazabar, a city within a fortress built around the 12th century, which is a must to see.
• The only desert in Europe gives the backdrop to many films like the spaghetti westerns, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Lawrence of Arabia and Indiana Jones to name but a few. Visit the film sets and watch the gunfights, see the dancing girls and visit the gaol, saloon and corals. A great day out for all of the family.
• Take a short drive or a tour coach to the famous Alhambra Palace in Granada. The beautiful and exotic Generalife Gardens are a must to walk around. See the detail inscribed into the palace walls and the views from the towers and wall are terrific another great day out for everyone.
• These are just a few places to see apart from the many mountain villages that go back centuries in the defence of the many infiltrators.
Roquetas de Mar
• This is a popular resort set against the beautiful mountain backdrop with a fine, uncrowded, sandy beaches stretching for many miles. Although modern, it still preserves its classic Spanish charm and authentic atmosphere. With many excellent restaurants presenting a variety of dishes to suit all taste buds and not forgetting the mouth watering Spanish specialities, as well as the lively bars, shops and a bustling fishing harbour. Roquetas has something for everyone.
Local attractions are:
• Go Carting
• Water theme park
• Bull fighting tours - This is not to actually see the bullfight but to give you an insight into its traditions and practises.
• Scuba Diving
• Horse riding
• Golf - Very close to the apartment.
• Glass bottom boat with dolphin viewing
Boat and beach fishing
• These are just a few of the main attractions as there are too many to mention beside its shopping/cinema complexes
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
8 Dec 2013
"Perfect relaxing family holiday."
We have stayed here a few times now and have never been disappointed. This beautiful well kept apartment provides everything you could need for a perfect relaxing family holiday. It feels like a home … More
Thank you for your review. This is especially nice from regular guests as we know we are doing something right. We like to keep our high standards and it's wonderful when we have such caring guests as yourselves.
28 Aug 2012
This was the thirteenth time holidaying in Roquetas over the last ten years, and the accommodation was by far the best. Roy and Susan have been helpful and supportive from the moment we made the firs… More
Thank you for your review and so pleased we are ahead of the game. We thank you for your honest input and as guests you were perfect for us as you were very caring and responsible. We would welcome you back anytime and anyone else who was to have you as guests should be very privileged.
4 Aug 2012
"A perfect getaway!"
From the offset, Roy and Susan helped us every step of the way and, along with others, offered excellent recommendations and information about the surrounding area. The apartment was beautifully decor… More
Thank you for your excellent review and we would gladly welcome you back anytime. Our cleaner/maintainer was highly impressed with the way you cared for our apartment during your stay. We appreciate this very much.
25 Jul 2012
"Fantastic, booked to go back at the end of the year!!"
We arrived at the apartment after a long journey and were overjoyed to walk into the most beautiful, modern, clean and spacious apartment you could wish for. There was even a welcome hamper so we could have a drink and something to eat on arrival. The apartment is situated within a secure gated complex for added security. There is a very large swimming pool which the apartment balcony overlooks. On the 2nd day of our holiday our 5 year old son got chicken pox which meant we had to stay at the apartment for our 1st week. This could have been very difficult had we have been in other accommodation, but because this accommodation had a huge roof terrace our holiday experience was not impaired at all as we had the ability to be outdoors and keep the children occupied easily without feeling confined. It was a god send!!! There really is everything you could possibly need!!! The kitchen is well equipped and the local fruit and veg very good if you are eating in. Once little Mr. spotty was feeling better we managed to get out and about in the local area, you can easily get everywhere by walking but we used our hire car a lot as when you have little legs with you and it is incredibly hot walking to the beach and shops is not an option. We found driving and parking in the area very easy. The beach is gorgeous and stretches for miles there are life guard stations at points along the beach. The shopping area has a supermarket plenty of restaurants, ice cream and milkshake bars all the important things! Oh yes and an excellent pharmacy and doctor which we visited. We loved it and can't wait to go back later this year. My children say it's the best holiday ever!!!
Wow, what a great review and you re-booking again for later on this year. Repeat guests mean so much to us and know we are doing right. We will do our best to keep our accommodation up to a high quality and ensure there is everything everyone needs from a baby to an adult. Thank you once again.
21 Jul 2012
It is a pleasure to be in this lovely apartment with its spacious terrace and intimate balcony. The kitchen is so well equipped with all the amenities of home that it is easy to cook delicious food bought from the local MARGAR supermarket which has an impressive quality of meat and vegetables for a small shop.
The apartment is well presented and kept immaculately clean. The rooftop terrace has sun loungers and cushions and umbrellas to shade you from the sun and gives great comfort coupled with great views over the lakes toward the mountains or the sea.
With a washing machine and the speed at which washing dried in the sunshine we only needed about 90% of what we had taken. A lesson learned for next time.
We visited the apartment in June and our family went out a week before us thus staying with us for part of that time. After they left we had two weeks to ourselves and had a very relaxing time.
It is an easy 20 minute stroll to the nearest restaurant and shopping area and there are some excellent places to eat out.
There are walks through the adjacent nature conservation area where there are various wildfowl and dragonflies to be photographed and admired. The local beach is within walking distance and being lifeguarded is a safe place for couples or families to enjoy the sea. The sea can be boisterous at times as there is a shelf but most of the time it was accessible. Having children with us it was good to have the lifeguard station manned.
Our family had a problem as our grandson developed chickenpox and
Roy and Susan and their local representatives Miquel and Mara were all very supportive and understanding. Offering advice and assistance in finding an English speaking Doctor as a medical certificate was required in order that the airline would accept him on the flight to England.
As the family's activities were curtailed due to the chickenpox they had to spend much time in the apartment and it has to be said that there is plenty to keep children amused and happy during the enforced captivity.
I would thoroughly recommend this property to both families and couples as an ideal base for exploring the local region or just living in.
It is a really nice experience when we get feedbacks and reviews especially when they are so nice. You were great guests and looked after our apartment superbly. we hope that we will see you again as it means a great deal to us when guests take care. Thank you so much.
5 Jun 2012
We had a wonderful holiday in this beautiful apartment. Everything a person needs on holiday is available. Thank you Roy and Susan!
Thank you for your wonderful review. We were delighted to have you as guests and hope again in the future. Wherever you stay the owners will be lucky to have you as guests.
16 May 2012
"a sea side village witha cosmopolitan flair"
From my first encounter with Roy Glease to the very last I felt completely supported in the process of making this vacation stellar. He took care of every last detail, including managing the difficulty with exchange rates for me. Upon my arrival in Almeria airport, his gracious friends Mara and Miguel were on the look out to get my family without incident to his condo. The condo was sparkling clean, stylishly decorated and its kitchen well-stocked complete with a welcome basket brimming with treats and spirits! My two teen daughters had their own private lavatory. Perhaps the crowning glory was the capacious roof deck overlooking the nature conservancy. The view of desert, sea and snow capped mountains ( all in one eye-full) was truly unparalleled. The pool area was lovely and well-kept, as were the grounds in general. The resort itself was just far enough from the center of the village to offer quiet and solitude, but easy to walk into the village if desired. Excellent shopping and nightlife was nearby in the very energetic city of Almeria, less than 40 minutes away. Don't miss Aguadulce as you pass through. It's charm and excellent dining is worth the stop. And you absolutely must eat at San Rocco in Roquetas De Mar where Mara and Miguel and their beautiful daughter Rafaella will take splendid care of you--it's just a hop and a skip from Roy's condo. Please order the pear and Gorgonzola ravioli! May be worth stopping at Grappa for dinner on Mara and Miguel's night off! Lastly, take a walk through the miles and miles of breath-taking conservancy land directly across the street from Roy's place. And if you have the time, grab the ferry in Tarifa to Tangier...only a 35 minute passage! The value I got for my dollar booking this condo was quite remarkable. I am now a life-long fan of Roy and Susan.
Thank you for your recent review. This was terrific and very pleased that we have managed to satisfy our guests from across the pond. Hopefully you may take that eventful journey and return someday, you were perfect guests. Thank you again. Roy
9 Feb 2012
"A home from home!"
The booking experience was smooth, the owners were extremely considerate and helpful.The property is immaculate and you are thoroughly spoiled by the range of equipment, appliances, fixtures and fittings etc.
The location is wonderful if you are seeking a peaceful relaxing break.The complex is extremely well maintained and totally secure.
Probably one of the very best appartments around!
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are so glad you had a relaxing time as we know that's what you wanted. You will always be a welcome guest.
24 Jul 2011
"Wonderful relaxing holiday"
Just arrived back from the apartment, had a wonderful holiday. The apartment is great, very spacious and immaculately clean. The complex is very secure, not too many people when we were there, mostly … More
Thank you for your lovely review. So glad you all enjoyed yourselves and the apartment lived up to your expectations as a luxury apartment and you were able to relax. Hope to see you again in the future.
27 May 2011
"A terrific apartment , close to miles of fabulous beach, perfect get away from it all!!"
An extremely well equipped, comfortable and spacious apartment in beautifully kept gardens and pool area, having a balcony and roof top solarium with a large choice
of chairs,loungers & outdoor furniture and boasting amazing views of the nature park
and mountains. The fabulous beach and bars,tapas bars,restaurants & shops are within a short walking distance (the Mercadonna Supermkt will deliver your supplies) and taxis are reasonably priced to return to the apartment after an evening out. A
rental car would be an asset for seeing a wider area and parking is available within the grounds which have electrically operated gates. We would love to return for another month !!!
Thank you for your excellent review. We hope we will see you again soon or in the not too distant future. So glad you enjoyed it enough to want to return. You were ideal guests, caring, considerate and thoughtful. Best Regards Roy
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Dec 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Roquetas de Mar
- 313 properties
- San Jose
- 171 properties
- 148 properties
- Urbanizacion Roquetas de Mar
- 108 properties
- 80 properties
- Cabo de Gata
- 54 properties
- 43 properties
- 32 properties
- Pozo De Los Frailes
- 30 properties
- 27 properties
- La Isleta
- 25 properties
- 18 properties
- 18 properties
- Mecina Bombaron
- 14 properties
- La Rabita, Granada
- 9 properties
- El Ejido
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Campillo Del Moro, El
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties