About the home
Situated on the outskirts of Rodez in the heart of the Aveyron, the beautiful, immaculate Chateau Laroque, is the perfect environment for those wishing to experience the full character and beauty of rural France.
The Chateau Laroque is set in its own extensive grounds, with the main gates opening onto a large courtyard on the north side of the property. On the south side is the swimming pool and the landscaped garden. On the east wing of the house is an ornate tower with circular rooms and a ‘Pigonnier’ style loft. The main rooms are of a very generous scale with vaulted ceilings, many of which have been hand painted by a 19th century Italian artist. The dining room itself is elegant but comfortable and can seat as many as 20 people for dinner. The main living room is approx. 60 sq. metres in size with traditional, and period, furniture.
There are six bedrooms in all, which can sleep 12 or more. In addition there is a large party room, a wine cellar, and a large games room with a pool table. There is central heating, for those wishing to rent the property during the winter, and the large fire-places can be used for enjoying real log fires.
The Pigeonnier part of the Chateau Laroque dates from the 12th Century, with the main parts of the chateau added in the late 19th Century.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 14, 6 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Telephone, Pool / Snooker table, Games room|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||6 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 family bathrooms|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (6), Dining seating for 20|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
The Chateau Laroque is set in its own extensive grounds with the main gates opening onto a large courtyard on the north side of the property. On the south side is the swimming pool and the landscaped garden. On the east wing of the house is an ornate tower with circular rooms and a ‘Pigeonnier’ style loft. The main rooms are of a very generous scale with vaulted ceilings, many of which have been hand painted by a 19th century Italian artist.
Ground floor: The well-equipped kitchen is large yet homely and can be used as a dining room if desired. Leading to a separate utility room with dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- The dining room itself is elegant but comfortable and can seat as many as 20 people for dinner.
- The main living room is approx. 60 sq. metres in size with traditional and period furniture, TV, DVD and Hi-Fi.
First floor: There are six bedrooms in all to sleep 12 or more. The bedrooms breakdown as follows.
- Master Bedroom (6m50x6m70)
At the top of the wide stone staircase to the right is the door to this grand room, it is over 6.5 metres in each direction and gains lots of natural light from both the front and rear of the building through its 2 double windows. The grandeur of the Chateau of old boldly shows through here with its wonderfully large fireplace, its extremely high ceiling, hand painted by an Italian artist and the space around its double bed. This room due to its length overlooks both the front courtyard and the gardens. The en-suite bathroom is no less grand (4mx4m) and promises its users every comfort with its oval corner bath, separate shower cubicle, double vanity unit in marble, large mirrors, and a separate room containing the WC and a bidet.
- Four Poster Bedroom (5m40x3m90)
Opposite the entrance to the master bedroom on the landing is another doorway, that takes you to the bedroom corridor, the first bedroom is the four poster. This room looks over the back gardens. Its four poster double bed takes centre stage yet leaving sufficient space for the all you would need – table, wardrobe and mirror. If you look up at the high ceiling you can again see the hand-painting on the ceiling. This room is not en-suite but the WC and bathroom are located just down the corridor to the right.
- King Size Bedroom (5m35x4m30)
Its garden view married to the actual size of the bed (King size) make this room a firm favourite. There is also a modern en-suite bathroom that has a bath, wash basin and a bidet. Once again this room is south facing.
- Twin Bedded Room (5m70x5m50)
Although this is a twin bedded room the beds are not singles they are both 190cmx130cm and thus could easily accommodate two couples in comfort. The room is spacious and again is south facing. The en-suite bathroom features a shower cubicle, wash basin and a roll topped bath with shower attachment and a heated towel rail. Throughout both rooms the hand painted ceilings are in evidence.
- Yellow & Green Room (4m40x4m10)
This room is located in the corner of the tower & overlooks the gardens to the east and the swimming pool through its two windows. It is very light and airy features a double sleigh bed.
- Blue Room (3m90x3m)
This is another double room in the tower that overlooks the gardens to the east. It is the smallest bedroom in the chateau and is ideal for children.
- In addition there is a large games room with a pool table.
- There is central heating, for those wishing to rent the property during the winter.
Further details outdoors:
Outside the chateau is well fenced for safety and the grounds comprise of one acre of well maintained, landscaped gardens with BBQ facilities. Outdoor furniture includes: tables, chairs, and sun loungers. Badminton, boules equipment and plenty of on-site parking are also available. All guests can be accommodated in the outdoor dining area. The pool is fenced and regularly maintained.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
- Security deposit: £500. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Linen & towels: All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs: Included in the rental price.
- End of stay cleaning: Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Arrival time: 4pm onwards.
- Departure time: 10am.
- Pets: 4 pets allowed.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in the property.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
The Midi-Pyrenees / Aveyron region
There are many picturesque small villages to visit in the region. One of the most famous is Najac, with it's chateau overlooking the village. Here are some descriptions of other particularly delightful local villages:
- A stop on the pilgrims' route to Santiago de Compostela, cobblestoned Conques boasts an enormous abbey, whose ninth-century gold Sainte Foix treasure is a medieval masterpiece.
- In tiny Belcastel, the castle towers above medieval houses, an ancient stone bridge, and the Michelin-starred Restaurant du Vieux Pont perfect for Sunday lunch.
- Sauveterre de Rouergue, a 13th-century bastide, is centred on an arcaded square with half-timbered houses, low ramparts, and craft shops. In the village of Clairvaux d'Aveyron, the Domaine Laurens produces distinctive purple Marcillac wine.
- A little farther away are Roquefort sur Soulzon, whose caverns are home to the tangy blue cheese, and Millau, where the British-designed, French-built, viaduct is as much a sculpture as a bridge.
- The major regional city of Toulouse is an easy drive away with its shops, restaurants, pavement cafes and historical buildings, together with attractions such as the Space City and the Aerospatiale factory, where you can observe airliners being assembled.
The Rodez area
- Information on all of the attractions and activities is available at the house so that you can plan your daily activities. There is also a collection of local guidebooks and maps, including guides to the local footpaths.
- Rodez is a typical medium-sized French town, located in beautiful countryside, and benefits from the fact that there are many different kinds of terrain to explore in the local region - verdant rolling hills, forests, mountains, gorges, and rivers. The town itself has a very attractive shopping area and a traditional bustling market which sets up three times a week. Leisure activities in the town include three cinemas, a bowling alley, an indoor go-kart track, squash courts, museums, a striking cathedral, night clubs, and of course many excellent restaurants. These include:
- La Taverne: 23 Rue de l'Embergue. The atmosphere and decor is that of an old French wine cellar - they serve a range of local cuisine and have a large selection of wines.
- Restaurant le Lion d'Or: 89 Avenue de Paris. This is a very popular restaurant in Rodez, used by locals and tourists alike. They serve a range of local dishes and wines at reasonable prices.
- Other local activities include skiing, horse-riding, canoeing, rock-climbing, tennis, hang-gliding, swimming, fishing, golf, cycling, and good old-fashioned walking.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Regular budget airline flights to the region.
Nearest airport: Rodez (6km). Toulouse and Montpellier (120km).
Nearest train station: Rodez (2km).
Nearest town: Rodez (1km).
Activities near Rodez
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 14|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|June||1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||£ 2000||£ 500||£ 500||2 Nights|
|July to August||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 2200||£ 550||£ 550||2 Nights|
|September||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 2200||£ 550||£ 550||2 Nights|
|October||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 1800||£ 450||£ 450||2 Nights|
|November to Christmas||1 Nov 13||20 Dec 13||£ 1800||£ 450||£ 450||2 Nights|
|Christmas to New Years||20 Dec 13||6 Jan 14||£ 1886||£ 450||£ 450||2 Nights|
|January to March||6 Jan 14||1 Apr 14||£ 1800||£ 450||£ 450||2 Nights|
|April||1 Apr 14||1 May 14||£ 2000||£ 500||£ 500||2 Nights|
|May||1 May 14||1 Jun 14||£ 2000||£ 500||£ 500||2 Nights|
|June||1 Jun 14||1 Jul 14||£ 2000||£ 500||£ 500||2 Nights|
|July to August||1 Jul 14||1 Sep 14||£ 2700||£ 1350||£ 1350||2 Nights|
|September||1 Sep 14||1 Oct 14||£ 2200||£ 550||£ 550||2 Nights|
|October||1 Oct 14||1 Nov 14||£ 1800||£ 450||£ 450||2 Nights|
|November to Christmas||1 Nov 14||20 Dec 14||£ 1800||£ 450||£ 450||2 Nights|
|Christmas to New Years||20 Dec 14||6 Jan 15||£ 1972||£ 450||£ 450||2 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE PRICES REPRESENT THE PRICE RANGE AND DO NOT APPLY TO THE SEASONS LISTED. UP TO THE MINUTE AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK ABOVE THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
Simply Chateau (property manager)
The property manager is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This chateau has so far received no reviews.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Chateau de Bellecare in Belcaire, France
Chateau de la Guerinche in Perigueux, France
Manoir de Lesuelle in Brelidy, France
Chateau Durantey in Lanouaille, France
Holiday homes in France (11,440)