Cottage | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
*The cottage is located away from the main road in a quiet spot but is within a few minutes walk of excellent local shops, restaurants, Porthilly Cove and Rock beach. Having no internal stairs it is ideal for toddlers and for elderly people. The property's 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms make it highly suitable for extended-family holidays, for two families sharing, or for groups of adults with shared interests such as golf or sailing. There are 4 showers in the property as well as a bath and 3 WCs, all stocked with complimentary toiletries and hairdryers. Incidentally, no one staying at Trevethan has to sleep in a bunk bed! There are two doubles, twin beds, two singles and a Baby Dan travel cot. Linen and towels can be provided (included in peak-time rentals) or visitors may bring their own.
* As a self-catering holiday home Trevethan is particularly well equipped with a fabulous kitchen area boasting granite worktops, ceramic hob, a fridge-freezer plus additional fridge (plus a drinks fridge elsewhere), a double oven and grill, microwave, and full-size Smeg dishwasher. There is a separate utility room with washer, tumble dryer and drinks chiller. An abundance of pots, pans, cookware, crockery and quality cutlery means not having to wait for the dishwasher to finish washing the last meal's dishes.
* Trevethan has two multi-channel TVs and DVD players as well as radios, an i-pod dock, and a music centre. The vaulted sitting room has a wall-mounted flatscreen TV, comfortable seating for eight, and the large dining table has eight upholstered chairs. A well-stocked cupboard has plenty of board games, DVDs and videos. Beach toys and body boards are stored in the utility room for guests to borrow. A high chair is also kept on site.
* There are front and rear gardens at the property. The sunny southwest facing rear has a lawned area and large stone terrace with teak table and eight teak armchairs. The terrace is a suntrap - great for dining in the evening sun without the wind you get at coastal properties. A barbecue and a wetsuit wash are located in the rear garden as well as a rotary clothes dryer. With the rear garden being enclosed, private and secure, parents can relax while small children play. The sitting room and kitchen overlook the rear garden so it's easy to keep an eye on them. Incidentally, there are no ponds in the gardens and the boiler is sited outside the property so there is no risk from carbon monoxide.
* Trevethan is popular with golfers since the St Enodoc course is nearby; it is also good for sailing enthusiasts attending Rock's sailing and water sports school. Walkers find it a good base, given access nearby to coastal or cross country walks.
* Cyclists and surfers are well served by this area. The Camel cycle Trail starts in Padstow just a short ferry ride away or Wadebridge, five miles away where bikes can be hired; there is wind and kite surfing at Daymer Bay, and excellent board surfing at nearby Polzeath.
*Rock is a good starting point for anyone wanting to tour Cornwall's gardens, children's theme parks, and historic attractions, by car.
* The area has some great restaurants to visit, including a good choice in Rock itself. The 2-Michelin-starred chef Nathan Outlaw has two restaurants in Rock whilst Rick Stein's three restaurants in Padstow are just a short ferry ride away. Rick Stein also has a fish and chip eatery and a pub doing inexpensive meals. There are other pubs that do good food and excellent restaurants in Port Isaac and at St Kew as well.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Porthilly Cove|
|Will consider||House swap, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||250 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay, Nearest railway: Bodmin Parkway|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
*The large open plan kitchen-dining-living space allows everyone to mingle comfortably while keeping an eye on young children playing outside in the garden.
* A large dining table with 8 comfortable upholstered chairs is provided.
* There is a freeview wall-mounted TV, a further bedroom TV and VCR and two DVD players.
*Two bedrooms have en suite bathrooms but there is also a large family bathroom including a bath with shower over as well as a separate walk-in shower.
*The kitchen has granite worktops, a full-size, very quiet, Smeg dishwasher, a two-oven electric cooker with ceramic hob and grill and a microwave. It is very well equipped with pans of all sizes, cookware, crockery and quality cutlery.
*Besides the fridge-freezer there is an extra fridge for food. A drinks fridge is provided too.
* There is a separate utility room with sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities.
|Further details outdoors|
*Trevethan has well-stocked gardens to the front and rear. The rear garden is fully enclosed and secure with a lawned area, rockery and flower border and large stone terrace.
*There is teak dining furniture for al fresco dining and a barbecue supplied.
* The property has its own off-road parking for up to 3 cars and a secure, sheltered area to the side of the house where cycles can be stored.
*An outdoor wetsuit wash is provided and a rotary washing line is supplied for drying clothes outside.
Although Trevethan is a bungalow with no internal steps, there are steps from the interior to exterior without handrails and internal doorways have not been modified. It is therefore not currently suitable for wheel chair users.
The West Country region
Rock, located close to the Camel Estuary and the Atlantic coast, is a wonderful unspoiled place. The estuary is bordered by miles of sheltered sandy beach and dunes at Daymer Bay while the beach at Polzeath enjoys Atlantic rollers that are large enough to surf but not so large as to terrify beginners. People have enjoyed coming to Rock for decades.
There is a loyal population of families who return every year to savour its relatively unchanging nature. Apart from the provision of several high quality restaurants in recent years little has changed. Where better to bring young children for a bucket and spade holiday while their older siblings learn to surf and sail.
And if you don't have children, enjoy the beach, the golf, the restaurants, and the freedom to relax. There are numerous places of interest nearby to keep you amused.
*Rock is close to the historic fishing port of Padstow, well known for the shops and restaurants of TV chef Rick Stein. A constant ferry shuttle takes you from Rock to Padstow in a few minutes.
*Prideaux Place in Padstow is a fine old country house open to the public. Pencarrow is another historic country house in the local area, open to the public.
*Another lovely historic fishing village nearby is Port Isaac where the TV series Doc Martin was filmed. It has some fine old pubs and restaurants and is a good place to buy lobster and crab.
*In nearby Trebetherick, the poet John Betjeman is buried in the grounds of the wonderful old church of St Enodoc. An equally lovely old church is located in Porthilly.
*The Victorian Long Cross gardens are a short drive from Rock. Further afield, but easily manageable in an afternoon trip, areThe Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and other gardens.
*Rock is a golfers' paradise with excellent courses at St Enodoc and Roserrow.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
5 Jun 2014
"Excellent holiday home with everything one needs for a comfortable stay."
This has to be one of the best homes we have
ever stayed in.The owners have put a lot of thought into providing everything that one may need whilst staying there.A few weeks before our holiday the owners sent us pages of information ranging from the property to where we could eat,cycle hire and babysitters.All this proved very useful as we did not know the area.
On arrival at the house we found it to be spotlessly clean,all the beds made up with quality linen.Shampoo and shower gel was supplied in all bathrooms.The kitchen was well fitted out with plenty of utensils china and cutlery.One cupboard in the lounge was full of games etc for children.
We have no hesitation in recommending this lovely home.
There are good restaurants in Rock suggest you book in advance.The dining room is excellent and only a ten minute walk from the property.
5 Jan 2014
"Fantastic Holiday House"
This was such a lovely place to spend a week at Christmas. The house was very comfortable and extremely well equipped - pretty much everything you could think of was provided (including a Christmas tr… More
11 Oct 2013
"Perfect first holiday as a family"
My partner and I took our 6 month old son to Trevethan in late September and had a truly wonderful stay. Before we even arrived the owner impressed us by sending a detailed information pack full of i… More
3 Sep 2013
Truly deserving of its 5 star status. A beautiful house that is perfectly proportioned and ideal for 2 families (an en-suite each for the grown ups and large family bathroom for the kids to share). … More
26 Jul 2013
"Fantastic accomodation, great location, AMAZING weather!"
We love the accomodation great layout and private garden highly recommended for children we could put them to bed and relax and eat in the garden. Easy location close to shops & bakery for early risers! And easy walk to Rock & Padstow ferry. We have stayed in Rock before and will do again. Trevethan has been well thought out and gfor family and friends it is an ideal holiday house. we felt it was great value for money
30 Jun 2013
"Very Happy, Will Rent Again!"
The pictures don't do the house justice! Very clean, comfy and spacious house. Showers are good, water is hot, Heater-booster works a treat when the British summer lets you down, south facing garden to catch late rays when it doesn't!
The house is in a quiet residential area but only about a 15 minute walk downhill to a few decent pubs and restaurants and Rock Beach, with the ferry to Padstow. There is a Petrol Station, Deli, Bakery, Butchers, Fish and Chip shop and Spar just around the corner. Tried and loved the Bakery and Deli.
Top Hint - we ate at Outlaws, which is the same kitchen as the 2-Michelin Star Nathan Outlaws. Incredible food, much easier to get a table and if you go to www.outlaws.co.uk before you visit, sign up for emails and get a 10% discount on your meal!
14 Jun 2013
"Excellent property in a great location"
Really lovely bungalow, great attention to detail, fully equipped with high quality homewares. Our family of six adults and one 3 year old didn't want for anything. Rock itself is a lovely village, nice local shops very close by, lovely area of Cornwall with Padstow just over the sea! Would highly recommend to all!
14 Jun 2013
"Well equipped and homely property in a quiet but convenient location"
We were a group of adults sharing this house. Bedrooms and bathroom arrangements were perfect, everything was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. The whole house is light and airy and the kit… More
28 Mar 2013
"Clean, comfortable, contemporary and homely family accommodation"
My wife and I have just recently completed a 1 week stay in this delightful property in the upmarket Cornish resort of Rock (home to the famous Sharps Brewery). We were joined by my daughter, son-in-… More
4 Nov 2012
"Lovely house, well equipped, would rent again!!"
Trevethan is a lovely bungalow in a very quiet residential area of Rock in Cornwall. It is beautifully presented and very well equipped. We can't think of anything that we needed that wasn't there. Rock is very small and quaint. It is perfect for a quiet break and particularly if you like walking it is a good base for that purpose. As we had children with us it was a little too quiet as the weather we experienced wasn't the best. That said, we had a lovely break away from the hustle and bustle of home and work and spent some quality time as a family.
You're booking with
- 5 Years listed
95% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 536 properties
- 273 properties
- 128 properties
- 105 properties
- 104 properties
- St Austell
- 101 properties
- 81 properties
- 75 properties
- 54 properties
- Port Isaac
- 52 properties
- 45 properties
- 36 properties
- Watergate Bay
- 24 properties
- 23 properties
- Crackington Haven
- 20 properties
- Mawgan Porth
- 18 properties
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- St Teath
- 12 properties
- 8 properties