BRICKHOUSE of Casalegre Art Vila
House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Brickhouse is a modern house built in wood and bricks-on-sight that we open to our guests with the same coziness and well being found at Casalegre Art Vila.
At Brickhouse you will have the opportunity to embrace the meaning of feel at home, with an experienced service, friendly staff and the multi-cultural spirit of Santa Teresa, the most charming neighborhood of Rio.
The house has three floors, which the first host our activities like Yoga and Pilates with two walls made of tempered glass amplifying the space and allowing the view of the backyard with its stonewall and tropical plants.
The second floor consists in the social area, including a wooden staircase at the entrance of the house giving access to all floors, a big living room with and fully equipped kitchen.
In the third floor there are three bedrooms, Arara, Tucano and Colibri:
Arara: Located on the second floor, it has one double bed, private bathroom, a small balcony and is well ventilated by the big window and also has air conditioning.
Tucano: Located in the second floor, this room has one double bed and air conditioned. Also, the big windows keep it fresh. The bathroom is shared only with room Colibri and is just outside the room.
Colibri: Located in the second floor, it has 1 double bed and 1 single bed and the bathroom is right outside the room and is shared only with room Tucano.
The rates at Brickhouse include WiFi and Breakfast, served at Casalegre, which is 5 minutes walking down the street.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Copacabana 7 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||60 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Santos Dumont 4.4 km, Nearest railway: Metro Gloria 1.7 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, Staffed property|
|General||Air conditioning, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
- The Fitness room downstairs is where we offer Yoga and Pilates classes and other activities. There is a schedule in the kitchen for the activities. Guests are welcome to use that space whenever there is no scheduled activities happening and asked to keep it clean and organized.
- The guests are not allowed in the laundry area. We do offer laundry service for a small fee.
- Silence must be respected from 10pm to 9am and during the Yoga and Pilates classes.
- Don't leave any personal belongings unattended outside your room.
- Smoking is allowed only in external areas.
- You are welcome to use the kitchen but we ask you to keep it clean and organized.
- There is a fridge for common use in the kitchen. You are expected to respect the designated spaces.
- We motivate people to be open minded / non-violent, to don't create expectations and to seek simplicity and contentment in every experience.
|Further details outdoors|
- Garage has room for one car (medium size), otherwise parking is on the street, where there is a night watchman during all night. It's very safe to park outside.
- Smoking is allowed only at the exterior areas.
- 1 to 5 minutes walking from groceries, bakery and pharmacy, some nice bars, restaurants, souvenir and art stores and points of cultural and historical interest.
- Living room and backyard shared with the owners, guests and visitors;
- English, italiano, español and português spoken;
- There are shuttle buses passing in front of the house, going to downtown and passing by the Gloria Metro station in the way. We also have contacts of taxis but you can do everything by foot here in the neighborhood.
The South East Brazil region
The South East region of Brasil is the most developed and attracts people from all over the world, germinating an evolved Brazilian culture with bright and brave, compassionate and passionate, friendly and receptive people.
Nelson Rodrigues, a famous brazilian dramaturg from Rio wisely said once: "The Brazilian is a holiday", resuming pretty well our beautiful and exotic culture and people.
The climate is tropical, with average temperatures in between 20ºC and 30ºC and the best time to come is in May and June, because it doesn't rain much. But you can expect an average humidity from 70% to 90% all year round.
The beautiful vegetation is the lush Atlantic Rainforest and this region is where you can find the biggest part of it. There is only 6.5% of its original remaining in Brasil.
Rio de Janeiro City
Santa Teresa is the home of artists of all kinds. This neighborhood is named after a Convent from the 19th century and is located in a big hill in the center of the city and will take your breath away with its views and charming houses and streets, gourmet restaurants, art shops and street art, bars and amazing people.
Many cultural activities and artistic events attract people from all over the world throughout the year, for example:
- Open Doors (1 weekend in mid July) dedicated to art and artists when they open theirs ateliers for visitation and many artistic manifestation on the streets of the neighborhood;
- FLIST (Literature Fair of Santa Teresa), following the internationally famous fair from Paraty (South of Rio state) here you will find many artistic manifestations related to literature, cinema and Theater.
- Street Blocks of Carnival: during a whole week (often more) thousands of people celebrate life dancing on the streets of Rio following bands that play Samba music all day and night... The Street Blocks of Santa Teresa are well rated every year as the best of Rio.
The neighborhood is full of points of interest like museums, cultural centers, parks and historical buildings.
We are just 5 minutes driving from the Sambadrome, where the most amazing Carnival Parade happens.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
8 Dec 2013
"Simpatia e serenità"
Ottima posizione sul colle del quartiere di Santa Teresa. L'atmosfera è molto rilassata e amichevole, grazie alla simpatia e cordialità dei ragazzi che lo gestiscono.La struttura è molto carin… More
17 Sep 2013
"ME QUEDARIA A VIVIR ALLI!!!!"
Casalegre es como su nombre indica, un lugar donde te sientes feliz, el aura que se respira es de alegría, paz, buen rollo, acogimiento, libertad, sensibilidad, compañerismo,... es como estar en fa… More
2 Aug 2012
"Wonderful staff and cozy, easy-going accommodations"
The Casalegre Art Vila hosted me for a month in Rio in 2012, and beyond everything else what really struck me was how kind, helpful, flexible, and accommodating the staff there was. Every day was gree… More
6 Mar 2012
"We fell in love with the space, the owners and the neighborhood!"
My partner and I fell in love with everything about Casalegre! The owners are wonderful and helpful, immediate friends! The rooms were comfortable, cute and clean. The neighborhood of Santa Tereza is … More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
70% Response rate
Calendar last updated:06 Aug 2014
Based in Brazil
- Visit site