Casalegre Art Vila
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Casalegre Art Vila is a 2 floors centenary house with beautiful ornaments in the façade, which is protected by law (can't be modified). Recently refurnished, we offer different rooms ready to host you for days, weeks or months.
Inside it has big doors and windows, high ceiling, wooden floor and staircase in appropriate Brazilian timber tree.
A traditional 'Carioca' house that reflects the multi-cultural spirit of the charming neighborhood of Santa Teresa, where you will certainly feel at home.
This advert refers to the rooms 202 and 203, which have a communicating door in between them - ideal for families - and are located at the second floor of the house.
They can be rented separately and we also have other rooms in the house, including a living room and a backyard where we can organize Yoga and Qi Gong classes, offer massage and acupuncture treatments and cultural and wellness activities.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Copacabana 7 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||60 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Santos Dumont 4.4 km, Nearest railway: Metro Gloria 1.6 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, Staffed property|
|General||Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
- The room 202 has 2 single beds, bed tables, a drawer, a table with chair and table fan.
- The room 203 has 1 double bed, wardrobe, a table with chair and table fan.
- They share the same bathroom which is located outside at the corridor.
|Further details outdoors|
- Parking is on the street, where there is a night watchman during all night.
- Smoking is allowed only at the exterior facilities.
- 1 to 5 minutes walking from groceries, bakery and pharmacy, some nice bars and restaurants, art and souvenir stores.
- Living room and backyard shared with the owners, guests and visitors;
- English, italiano, español, françois and português spoken;
The South East Brazil region
The South East region of Brasil is the most developed and attracts people from all over the world, germinating an evolved Brazilian culture with bright and brave, compassionate and passionate, friendly and receptive people.
Nelson Rodrigues, a famous brazilian dramaturg from Rio wisely said once: "The Brazilian is a holiday", resuming pretty well our beautiful and exotic culture and people.
The climate is tropical, with average temperatures in between 20ºC and 30ºC and the best time to come is in May and June, because it doesn't rain much. But you can expect an average humidity from 70% to 90% all year round.
The beautiful vegetation is the lush Atlantic Rainforest and this region is where you can find the biggest part of it. There is only 6.5% of its original remaining in Brasil.
Rio de Janeiro City
Santa Teresa is the home of artists of all kinds. This neighborhood is named after a Convent from the 19th century and is located in a big hill in the center of the city and will take your breath away with its views and charming houses and streets, gourmet restaurants, art shops and street art, bars and amazing people.
Many cultural activities and artistic events attract people from all over the world throughout the year, for example:
- Open Doors (1 weekend in mid July) dedicated to art and artists when they open theirs ateliers for visitation and many artistic manifestation on the streets of the neighborhood;
- FLIST (Literature Fair of Santa Teresa), following the internationally famous fair from Paraty (South of Rio state) here you will find many artistic manifestations related to literature, cinema and Theater.
- Street Blocks of Carnival: during a whole week (often more) thousands of people celebrate life dancing on the streets of Rio following bands that play Samba music all day and night... The Street Blocks of Santa Teresa are well rated every year as the best of Rio.
The neighborhood is full of points of interest like museums, cultural centers, parks and historical buildings.
We are just 5 minutes driving from the Sambadrome, where the most amazing Carnival Parade happens.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
8 Dec 2013
"Simpatia e serenità"
Ottima posizione sul colle del quartiere di Santa Teresa. L'atmosfera è molto rilassata e amichevole, grazie alla simpatia e cordialità dei ragazzi che lo gestiscono.La struttura è molto carin… More
17 Sep 2013
"ME QUEDARIA A VIVIR ALLI!!!!"
Casalegre es como su nombre indica, un lugar donde te sientes feliz, el aura que se respira es de alegría, paz, buen rollo, acogimiento, libertad, sensibilidad, compañerismo,... es como estar en fa… More
2 Aug 2012
"Wonderful staff and cozy, easy-going accommodations"
The Casalegre Art Vila hosted me for a month in Rio in 2012, and beyond everything else what really struck me was how kind, helpful, flexible, and accommodating the staff there was. Every day was gree… More
6 Mar 2012
"We fell in love with the space, the owners and the neighborhood!"
My partner and I fell in love with everything about Casalegre! The owners are wonderful and helpful, immediate friends! The rooms were comfortable, cute and clean. The neighborhood of Santa Tereza is … More