from £47 /night help
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
A beautiful homely cabin, standing in 1.2 acres of stunning Welsh countryside with views across the surrounding hills and farmland, available all year round, including Christmas and new year. The cabin sleeps 4 and comprises of a lounge with a feature log burner and plasma television, a double bedroom and a twin bedroom, with two single beds, bathroom with shower, central heating and a fully fitted kitchen including a dishwasher. The cabin is surrounded on all sides by a large open plan decking and barbecue/chimenea area. The 1.2 acres are for the sole use of the occupier, with a large pond in the grounds with a beautiful decked dinning island in the middle of it, thus providing a unique and tranquil opportunity to relax in beautiful surroundings.
We have hi-speed Unlimited Wifi available - £5.00 per stay (extra if required) highly recommended due to poor network signals
We have just purchased "Roku" TV, its basically internet based TV for programmes from all over the world, including Youtube ( look at "Roku TV" online and on Youtube to get an idea of how good it is.
The cabin is 1.9 miles to the centre of Abegele and all other amenities including a Library, Parks, shops, bars, restaurants,take-aways and a large supermarket. Pensarn railway station and beach are a short walk from the town centre. Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Rhos on Sea and Conway are all just 15 minutes drive away.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||2 miles|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest railway: Pensarn|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ, Trampoline|
The Conwy County region
The area is perfectly placed for the tourist, sightseer, walker and people and famillies simply looking for a relaxing break in beautiful surroundings. There are numerous local attractions such as Bodelwydden Castle, the mysterious abandoned Gwrych castle, the beaches of North Wales, the shopping centre and all the attractions of Llandudno,Colwyn Bay, Rhos on Sea and Conway and the log cabin is on the scenic route to the Snowdonian National Park.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
18 Nov 2014
"Tranquil & Romantic"
Stayed here for the weekend with my husband. Was pleasantly surprised it really did match all the reviews I had read before booking ;-)It ticks every box, it's clean, spacious and has everything … More
1 Oct 2014
"Fantastic hidden gem!! Loved it!"
Myself and my husband booked the Meysydd Derw as we were looking for something private with character, beautiful scenery, tranquillity and easy access to various other places in North Wales! We were n… More
28 Aug 2014
"Tranquil, superb location, warm and welcoming with great patina."
Myself and partner required a week long isolation from the hectic occurrences of daily urban life. Having been recommended this dwelling by a friend, its charm did not disappoint.A welcoming private d… More
22 Aug 2014
Ovrall good, I can understand other peoples views, but enjoyed our stay. We would find longer than 3 or 4 days to be a little uncomfortable (ie hard mattress/small bed and firm seating in lounge). It … More
Thankyou for your review, we appreciate our guests opinions and try to act on them.I will try to address your points reaised ;
1. The main double bedroom has a firm mattress which suits most people - however we have bought a "topper today to give people the choice of a softer bed. The lounge suite is a Parker knoll three piece and again has orthopedic cushioning which comes down to personal posture. We are now going to reinstate the wheels to the chairs as they are recliners that recline fully with the wheel clearance off the floor.
2. The twin room had pink bedding on during your stay,the walls are white, however we do have a neutral type bedding if requested for boys / males
3. The TV has been a problem, we have tried two freeview systems that have only partially worked and 3 weeks ago bought freesat. The freesat has been equally rubbish, so again today we have bought "Roku" internet TV. Look it up, its brilliant, its basically TV from all over the world through the WIFI. Again if you choose to have WIFI anyone can get the catchup TV app for phones and tablets which gives good choice. Also the Website called "Feed2" gets all the sports from all over the world including the premier league for free.
4. The pond has lost water for a second summer in succession, we tried to solve this but we have had a good summer in north wales and the water has dried up, we hope over time this will solve itself as the pond was only dug out 2 years ago and will eventually seal itself with algae, the water will be full again by october I suspect.
I hope this answers your points raised, thanks again.
20 Aug 2014
"Beautiful, relaxing, calming..what more can you ask for.."
We absolutely loved the cabin, it was perfect for our family. It was beautiful at first sight and inside just as lovely..clean, beds made lovely, attractive bathroom and an inviting, log burning livin… More
Hi Sarah, many thanks for your kind review and leaving the place spotless after your stay ! We feel the cabin does have character and is a homely place to stay, there are probably far more palacial palces to have a holiday or break but as for having 1.2 acres to relax in with just your own family then the cabin is possibly unique. We hope to extend the main bedroom this winter and build some kind of garden shelter to barbeque in and we have just purchased "Roku internet TV" as we try to improve the cabin constantly.
We would welcome you, your husband and the children back anytime as it was lovely to have the land being enjoyed by their happy little feet.
19 Aug 2014
"Scenic and private"
I've only just found this property on tripadvisor as we booked privately with the owner in April this year, we had a great time in the cabin it was warm, homely and tastefully decorated. The pro… More
6 Aug 2014
ok where to start . first off we enjoyed the holiday when not at the log cabin , and picked this place based on trip adviser reviews..make sure you read all the reviews because even though some people… More
Hi Phil, thankyou for your review, we take all reviews seriously as we value our reputation and the quality of the accommodation we provide.
You stayed at the cabin for a whole week and never contacted us once about your concerns, we wish you had as we have a rapid response policy and like to make our guests feel at home and happy with their stay. it seems this review is in complete contradiction to the 4/5 grading we current have, however hopefully I can satisfy all of your points here.
1. The grass is mowed to a lawn for half an acre and the other half is left natural to match the countryside setting and the Snowdonia national park, it suits most guests.
2. The Kitchen - we have now uploaded a photo of it so people can judge for themselves. it's a two year old white gloss slab kitchen in good condition with a Belfast sink on a belfast sink unit, the two doors that were slightly out of line have been adjusted
3. The beds comes down to personal posture and taste - again they seem to be fine for everyone before your comments.
4. Everything works in the cabin, so this is not factually correct, the dishwasher had a missing on /off button and the hob has a crack on the back right corner. A new one is on order.
5. The floor has been renewed since your stay as admittedly it used to be creaky.
6. The road is a quiet road, in a recent survey one car every one and half minutes passes by in the day and falls silent after 6pm, it is classed as a low usage rd.
7. The two loose decking boards have now been replaced, as you pointed out they were potentially dangerous.
Thanks again for your review, I would suggest people read the other reviews to get a true picture and view the YouTube video
Sent from my iPhone
2 Aug 2014
"Gorgeous and tranquil"
We stayed at the cabin for 4 nights from the 23rd of June and I have to say we had a great time. The cabin stands alone in a large field with wonderful views and peaceful surroundings with two farms n… More
5 Jul 2014
We had a lovely little break and were pleased with the cabin. It was clean and nicely decorated as described. It wasn't quite the tranquil location we were hoping for due to it being located on a… More
Many thanks for your 4/5 reviews , since your stay we have had Freesat tv installed and replaced the squeaky floor.
The road leading to the cabin is classed as the scenic route to Snowdonia and is an area of outstanding natural beauty. There is virtually no traffic after 6pm and very little by day we feel however that the road is part of the cabins appeal as it provides excellent links to everything tourists want to see. Thanks again Patricia
25 Jun 2014
The cabin is ideally situated for a relaxed, country break. The cabin is cosy however it would benefit from some careful diy and some garden tlc.which is a pity as the decor etc . is very tasteful. Th… More
Hi Mary, thanks for your 4 out of 5 review, i am glad you enjoyed your stay. We have now renewed the floor for a second time in the kitchen and the one kitchen cupboard door under the belfast sink that was slightly out of line has now been levelled. The pond and island area are kept as natural as possible to encourage a natural environment and a pond area that fits in with the surroundings, thus we only mow a single track around the pond for people to access the island, we feel this is the right decision for nature and guests, it comes down to opinion. We still believe Meysydd Derw is a unique location and experience in that it offers 1.2 acres of land for the sole use of the occupant. Many thanks again for your stay and helpful comments
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:29 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- North Wales
- 3525 properties
- 646 properties
- 102 properties
- 49 properties
- Lledr Valley
- 18 properties
- Llyn Peninsula
- 8 properties
- 7 properties