from £128 /night help
Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 7
Come to enjoy the typical architecture of Tuscany houses: Villa PetrAlexa is an antic, now renovated barn, with natural stone, original beam ceilings and glass doors which offer a pleasing mix in a comfortable, spacious environment spread over two floors with a wide attic.
Quiet and peaceful, yet only ten minutes from Radda in Chianti, you have easy access to all necessary amenities for a comfortable stay.
The villa benefits from its own private pool: a small pool, rather for refreshing than for really swimming, with shaded and sunny areas at your choice and sun beds for everybody.
Leading from the living room is a spacious outside area with stunning views over vineyards and the village of Vertine, furnished with bbq and gazebo to enable you to dine al fresco.
With one double bedroom, one twin bedroom, two beds on the attic and four bathrooms, the villa is ideal for families, or two couples with children, with plenty in the surrounding area to see and do during your stay.
Internet with dongle access, english library, italian music and DvD's for children are at your diposal for rainy or lazy days!
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Marina di Grosseto 110 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Florence 75 km, Nearest railway: Siena 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 7, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Entrance into the spacious sitting/dining room with fireplace and TV (Sat) area.
- Kitchen completely furnished with crockery, gas-cooker, dishwasher, electric oven, fridge, toaster, microwave.
- Wide double bedroom with sofa area and a big glass door to the garden; bathroom en-suite (shower, wash-basin, WC and bidet).
- Second bathroom with shower, wash-basin, WC and bidet and washing-maschine.
At the upper floor:
- Twin-bedded room - convertible into double- with glass door to the terrace.
- Two beds on the attic.
- Two bathrooms each one with shower, wash-basin, WC and bidet.
- Internet access: dongle provided.
- Washing-machine, iron and ironing-board,
- Recreational reading library, games for adults and children
Possibility to be rented together with the closed Villa LisiDor (#44909, same owner) for larger groups, up to 14 people.
Extra 5% off for renting the 2 villas together!!
|Further details outdoors|
Synthetic grass tennis court (shared with Villa LisiDor #44909, same owner) - Tennis racquets and tennis balls available .
- Swimming pool with outside shower (7,5mt; width 5,5mt; depth 1,20mt), opened from May to October included.
- Sun beds for each party member
- Wide garden with pretty vistas over the Tuscany vineyards and hills, surrounded by century old oak trees.
- Barbecue with outside dining area al fresco.
- Gazebo with table and chairs.
- Parking for 3 cars inside the fenced garden.
Deposit of 250 Euro; refunded at departure after a check of the villa
The weekly rates are all included excluding following extras:
- Central heating 15Euro/day if requested on site
- Firewood: 15Euro/cubic meter if requested on site
Upon request, to be booked in advance and paid cash on site:
• Welcome pack: 30 Euro*
• Cook to come in and prepare a dinner: prices per menu
• Extra sheet and towel change: 15Euro/person
• Tennis lessons with private teacher
* The welcome pack is a basic shopping for the first breakfast: 2 bottles still water, 1 bottle sparkling water, 1 Orange juice,1 box of tea bags, 1 packet of coffee, 1l fresh milk, Fresh season fruits, Bread, Jam, Sugar, Butter, and Biscuits. (30 Euro cash to hand to the housekeeper at their arrival)
Smoking not allowed in the bedrooms!
The Tuscany region
Tuscany does not need any presentation! The cities with its history and art attractions, the medieval villages, the special food and wine, the welcoming people make it a region with a matchless offer.
Villa PetrAlexa is situated in the heart of this region. Just a taste of the many places you can visit:
* San Gimignano, today UNESCO patrimony, famous for its many towers.
* Siena, may be the best-preserved medieval city in Italy.
* Florence….How is a summary possible?
* Monteriggioni, one of the few completely walled towns that can be proud of its original medieval walls still standing.
Famous for the wine, its production in Tuscany still follows the ancient guidelines to produce some of the best wines in the world: Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile di Montepulciano, Sassicaia and the sweet Vin Santo with 'Cantucci' biscuits! Basically, the harvest (called “vendemmia”, in Italian) in the whole Tuscany starts on the end of August and beginning of September, a very fascinating period to visit the Chianti hills.
Think about choosing a week in relation to the many events of this region, for example:
- "Cantine aperte", last weekend of May: over 800 wine cellars open to be visited for free wine tasting.
- "Palio" of Siena, 2 July and 16 August: the bareback horse races.
- "Calici di stelle": 10 August: possibility to delight in "the raining of San Lorenzo's tears" quality wine and typical quality products in the historical centre and piazzas, among courtyards of unexpected beauty and castles.
- "Welcome harvest", September: discover the production cycle of wine through walks through the vineyards, visits to the companies, and tastings.
- "St. Martins day", 2nd week of November: the Wineries will be open to the public for the tasting of the "Novello Wine" (the new wine of last season)
- Chianti bycicling and mountain biking:
June: "Chianti Classic" non competitive cycling road race
October: "L'Eroica", Vintage Race, participants from all over the world
- "Stelle mercanti", Stars and Merchants. A market held at night with local artisans, hand crafts and music. From 6 PM to 11 PM. Every third Thursday of the months of June, July and August at Greve in Chianti.
... and many other local events...
once you decide your period of holiday, I will help you to find out all what's going on so to fully experience your Tuscan stay!
Radda in Chianti
The villa is located in a very strategic position for mountain bike tours! The most beautiful tours in this surroundings pass just next to our house. You can choose a different tour each day, between easy and demanding. We have detailed maps of all our favorite tours and can help you in the organization.
From the villa you can start beautiful relaxing walks in the silence of the area, go jogging on the unpaved road along the woods, and cycle passing vineyards and olive trees.
Or take the car and quickly reach many wine-and oil tasting farms, special restaurants, an 'Enoteca' for happy hours with "bruschetta" and visit the beauties of this country. Our suggestions:
Our suggestions what to see:
* Castellina in Chianti:
medieval village famous for its tower 'La Rocca' and for the Via delle Volte, a medieval trail under the town with military origins.
* Radda in Chianti:
the medieval fortified village that has grown around the church of San Nicolò and the 1400's Podestà building – now municipal building. Among the stony buildings of this cosy town you will find souvenirs shops, wine shops, restaurants, bars and typical products boutiques.
* Greve in Chianti:
one of the oldest towns in Chianti area; Piazza del Mercato is nowadays the biggest attraction. There are more then 20 restaurants, wine shops, souvenir shops, typical products shops.
* Panzano in Chianti:
a charming hamlet built on the top of a hill during the 11th century, famous for the Chianina steak.
* the castles and vine cellars of Broglio, Albola castle from the 1000's; Volpaia hamlet
* The Chiantigiana road crossing the countryside
* and for longer day trips Lucca, Pisa and the seaside whish are reachable in more or less 1 hour and a half.
Moreover there are horse riding opportunities and itineraries, the Golf Ugolino, 18 holes in Grassina near Florence (63km), the Termal baths - Spa: Terme di Rapolano: 42km, 45min. Terme di Radicondoli: 54km, 1h. Terme di Murlo: 60km, 1h. Terme di Rapolano, San Giovanni: 62km, 1h.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
19 Oct 2014
"Toscany at its best at Radda in Chianti property Villa PetrAlexa"
The property itself is wonderfully placed between woods and a vinery in the picturesque Chianti area near Radda. The hospitality we have experienced was outstanding in the mean that you feel this is a crucial part of the owners intentions to feel you welcome.
We travelled with kids (age 14 and 9) and enjoyed wonderful landscape, cycling and food.
This time we had to leave after a view days, but of course we will come again and experience this unique flair of one of the most beautiful places we have experienced so far.
Hannes Behensky and family
20 Aug 2014
"Excellent villa...quiet location, good facilities"
We had an excellent 2 week stay here in August 2014. The location is idyllic, located at the end of a unpaved road ( which is very dusty and needs to be driven with care) and is very quiet. It is loca… More
27 Jul 2013
"Nice location, shame about everything else!"
3km from Lecchi and 6km from Radda down a dirt track in a pretty location. The house was dark and at night, the far too few lights in the sitting room made it nearly impossible to read or cook. The pool was adequate, but built on a slope so we could not sit anywhere near it. The main area for food was in the worst part of the garden. It was covered in weeds and cracked tiles. The seating area with a view, had no umbrella and a tiny table. The grass was very long. The electricity turned off frequently, if the lights, cooker and washing machine or dishwasher were on. The place was full of tiny spiders and cobwebs and the kitchen area and oven, greasy. The master bedroom had black mould on three sides behind our bed and we were told that was just because it was an old house. Shame, because with some money and a lot of thought, it could be lovely.
- we have improved the living and kitchen areas with more lights and more powerful
- the outside eating area has a large umbrella which covers completely the table for eating al fresco; there is a second covered area, the gazebo, which we leave to the decision of our guests how to enjoy: with sun beds, a small table for a drink..
- if you use together all supplies I think also in an apartment in the city electricity goes down; just some attention and some regards to this solves the problem!
- yes, it can happen to have some spiders or other small animals in the house; not because of lack of cleanness, the villa is in the middle of the countryside. Who does not like or is afraid of small animals should book a hotel in Florence centre!
- we discovered a little infiltration during last summer in the master bedroom: that is the reason of the black spots on the wall; the problem has been solved.
We give our guests 2 hours time to check for cleanness and 24 hours to check for the function of all supplies.
Through the experience of our guests we always try to improve our villas: some comments are helpful, others are really unfounded.
Yes, it can happen that problems arise in the house; having many people living in it, it is normal that something can break or stop working; we always try to solve problems promptly; otherwise we are at disposal to refund our guests.
The pictures we publish reflect exactly the villa and what we offer; deceiving our potential clients does not pay and just creates problems; so if you like what you see on the advertising this is what you will find.
25 Jul 2013
"Una splendida vacanza"
La villa è confortevole e spaziosa, accogliente e funzionale. Immersa nella splendida campagna del chianti senese è ventilata e fresca anche se il sole estivo picchia forte. Le camere sono pulite e … More
23 May 2013
"Great week in Chianti"
We spent a wonderful week there. Villa looks exactly as described on photos, with very well maintained grounds. Inside, there is a spacious living room connected to a big kitchen. Bedrooms are big and… More
6 Nov 2012
"cosy villa, astonishing landscape, good location"
Very comfortable and cosy villa, with all the appliances (2 refrigerators, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, washing machine etc) and dishes you need. Nice rooms and bathrooms. Very beautiful yard with a breath-taking view. Unfortunatelly one of the 2 bedrooms upstairs has no walls, it is isolated only by some courtains, so it has no privacy at all.
Tip: you can buy your groceries at the local supermarkets (Coop), but check for their opening hours first (they are not opened all day long). There are also many restaurants that close in the afternoon.
Very good location within acceptable distance from Siena, Arrezzo, Cortona, San Gimignano, Volterra, Pisa, Florence.
31 Jan 2012
"A wonderful relaxing retreat"
Villa PetraAlexa was all it was described to be and more. The arrangements were easy to make and the property owners responsive to any needs that arose. The first night the chef Mariarosa cooked us a remarkable Tuscan feast and brought us some really wonderful and inexpensive local Chianti Classico to go with it. The location is great near the beautiful Radda in Chianti and access to other Tuscan gems is easy, but beware of twisty Tuscan roads! We had a great, but too short stay in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
That's true! Our Chef is specialized in preparing typical Tuscan meals. This is an opportunity many clients choose for the first night at their arrival: to find somebody cooking for you at home after a long trip is a special present you can make yourself, at less price than at a restaurant! And our Chef also loves sharing her delicious recipes through cooking lessons made at the villa! We hope to have you back at our villa … every year we try to make some little improvements to it!
27 Jan 2012
"The next internet fraud!"
Such a disappointment. We booked the villa for our Christmas Holiday. We were 5 adults and my 4 years old daughter. First of all, we were instructed to transfer money and book the villa without any re… More
Unfortunately there are miser tourists who speculate with advance over the opportunity to make holidays for free and maybe, that way, they even manage to travel all around the world!!
We are sure about the product we rent and we never received complaints about the way we manage and offer our villa: years of work and guests repeating their experiences always demonstrated this to us. For those reasons we did not accept the blackmail to get negative reviews about our villa in all vacation rental Internet sites, if we would not have returned back the money of this reservation. This is what is happening.
Our version of events for clarity: although for many reasons (that I will not list here but to the lawyer if necessary) we are sure that the villa was warm, and the bed linen together with the wool blankets enough for all people (the laundry ticket as proof), we were anyway of the idea to refund our client the difference of the nights not spent at the villa, this for a personal sense of fairness, even if contractually not due.
But having to certify personally onsite, 2 days after the departure of this client, that in the house were still 20 degrees , the thermostats were still pointed on the maximum of 35 degrees and the house was left in tremendous hygienic conditions, rather bestial, maybe out of spite, (pots were so dirty and encrusted that we had to through them away and buy new ones; get the two refrigerators, the oven and the fireplace back to a state of use and decency took several hours of cleaning; the bedspreads were wrongly used under the blankets, so for hygienic reasons, we had to take those all to the laundry; the garden was full of cigarette ends) this strengthened our conviction about the intentions of the persons we had to deal with.
So: we did not accept to refund the difference not only because we had to sustain many material damages, but primarily because we don't accept such a blackmail.
We don't know how this story will end. We will keep doing our job professionally as we did since now with great satisfactions. Anyway we hope this lawsuit will help other property owners to find a way on how to avoid such low level tourists.
10 May 2011
"Nice and peaceful location offering us an unforgettable week enjoying the Tuscany specific tastes and flavors."
Very friendly owner, being of great help in the booking process and giving us useful details and information on how to reach the location and how to explore the area. Remote and peaceful location of t… More
Thank you for this realistic feedback: we try to sell exactly this and nothing what people won't find.
Actually the house is not filled with luxury furniture which are not characteristic of a Tuscan cottage: we tried to keep the typical architecture of Tuscan buildings: natural stone, original beam ceilings and glass doors offering a pleasing mix in a comfortable, spacious environment but with all the comforts of a modern house.
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:27 Jan 2015
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- Province of Florence
- 7096 properties
- Province of Siena
- 4141 properties
- Province of Arezzo
- 3177 properties
- Province of Perugia
- 2037 properties
- Province of Grosseto
- 1199 properties
- Province of Livorno
- 928 properties
- Province of Pistoia
- 566 properties
- Province of Prato
- 66 properties
- Lake Trasimeno
- 30 properties
- Val di Chiana
- 24 properties
- 23 properties
- 21 properties
- Cecina Marina
- 15 properties
- San Gennaro
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- Gracciano di Colle Val d'Elsa
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- San Carlo
- 6 properties