Calle El Pino
About the home
- Los Gigantes is a quiet, family location on the South (Hot) Side of the Island
- The apartment itself has absolutely Stunning Views
- 3 Good Size Bedrooms – 1 with a double bed, the other two with twin beds, all with good size wardrobes
- Very Large Lounge/Dining Room with Satellite TV (including UK Channels) and DVD player
- Kitchen with Oven, Hob, Microwave, Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Juice Sqeezer etc
- Shower Room with separate Toilet
- Main Bathroom with Toilet, Bath and separate Shower
- Utility Room with Washing Machine, Ironing Board and Iron
- Large Main Balcony and connected but separate Large Sunbathing Balcony (which gets the Sun from about 12.00 to 20.00 depending on the time of year)
- Communal Swimming Pool with Sunbathing Terrace (there are only 15 Apartments in block, so you normally get this all to yourself)
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Los Gigantes, 500m|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Lift access to property
Nearest amenities: 500m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||TV, Video player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 8|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace|
|Access:||Lift access to property, Parking space|
Further details indoors:
Unlike a lot of apartments, not only does this one have lots of space to store away any items that you have travelled with, but also, it is has lots of room to move around in !
With whitewashed walls and tiled floors throughout, comfortable seating inside, and lots of sitting/lounging space outside, the apartment is such a nice place for a family holiday, meeting up with friends, a midweek break or a romantic getaway ! Either way, you will not be disappointed with your surroundings
After a long day of hot sunbathing or island sightseeing, there is nothing better than to sit on the west facing balcony, sipping on a glass of chilled white wine, watching the boats coming and going from the marina, listening to the ocean waves below, and seeing the sun set on the horizon alongside La Gomera, Tenerifes nearest island neighbour
Further details outdoors:
There is a small communal pool at the property, which includes a shaded area for getting out of the sun, sunbeds for lying in the sun, an outside shower for cooling off, and the pool itself, which although unheated, is refreshingly cool.
With only 15 apartments in the community, even at the height of any season, you are more than likely to have the whole pool area to yourself, to take in the pool, the sun, and yes the spectacular views !
The road where the apartment is located has pine trees to either side, and is level for some time before going up in two gradients before arriving at the apartment; Easy to walk downhill, and a little more effort to walk back up, but then if you are feeling tired after a hot day on the beach, then a Taxi will charge approx 2 Euros to come from the Marina up to the apartment.
- A small deposit will be required in order to confirm your booking on the property
- An initial enquiry will result in the requested dates being made temporarily unavailable to everyone else; once a deposit is received, then the booking will be confirmed, and you will be one step closer to your fabulous holiday !
The Tenerife region
Tenerife is the largest (2034sq km) and highest (3718m) of the Canary Islands, with Mount Teide being Spain’s highest mountain.
The weather in Tenerife is usually hot and sunny, ideal for those lazy days on the beach, relaxing and taking occasional cooling dips in the sea.
The Island has a great variety of micro-climates in a very small geographic area and provides great holidays for many different types of tourist, not just those looking for beaches but also others that enjoy hiking, walking, climbing, paragliding, cycling, photography or any other outdoor pursuit that benefits from the wonderful climate and landscape available across the Island.
The Puerto Santiago / Los Gigantes area
- Los Gigantes is a quiet marina location on the South (Hot) Side of the Island
- The town has a small/clean beach which is quite safe to swim from; there is also a saltwater lido with a restaurant and 2 pools, where you can sunbathe/eat/drink etc.; this costs about 3-4 Euros a day
- From the marina you can catch a boat out to see the dolphins (which are there all year round); we can recommend a smaller boat which is much better than the larger cruises that also head out from Los Gigantes.
- You can also catch a boat which takes you out to a remote beach past the cliffs, and then returns later in the day to pick you up.
- In addition there is also a dive centre if you want to go/learn scuba diving.
- Fishing is also available from the marina wall if you fancy it - decent fishing rods cost about 10-15 Euro from the market
- If hill walking is your thing (or just taking in the sights of nature), there are lots of walks in the immediate area around Los Gigantes, so you can take either a guided tour, or just do your own thing
- There are tennis courts in the town which are open to the Public
- It goes without saying that there are quite a few restaurants available, with the majority being really good quality, and one particular one that we go to which is more for adults (as they believe in taking your time when eating).
- Los Gigantes is the ideal base, because its calm and relaxed, always good/hot weather (at least every time we have been there), and is great to go out on day trips from
- Outside of Los Gigantes, there’s Mount Teide the volcano, which you can go up to the top of in a cable car, plus there are loads of water parks, shopping centres, cart racing, scary mountain roads ect.
- Please Note - Los Gigantes is not a 'Party' place, so if you are looking for a lot of nightlife, then best to stay in Los Christianos or Las Americanos where you will better suited, otherwise Los Gigantes is the place for you !
- Wireless Internet Access is available in Los Gigantes itself, either by purchasing a dongle at the Vodaphone shop nearby, or by purchasing account access through Canaries Wireless - www.canarieswireless.com/en
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
From the UK, you can fly from most airports including -
* Gatwick (Easyjet)
* Stanstead (Ryanair)
* Luton (Ryanair/Monarch)
* Birmingham (Ryanair/Monarch)
* Bournemouth (Ryanair/Thomson)
* Bristol (Ryanair)
The destination Airport is Reine Sofia Airport (TFS) or alternatively Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN) which will add a further 50 minutes to the travel time to the apartment;
Flight costs from the UK are normally between £50-£160 depending on how far in advance you book (and with whom)
Car hire is on airport, and generally costs £60-£90 for 1 week depending on type of car / time of year. Recommended hirers are -
www.Autoreisen.es (On Airport)
www.recordrentacar.com (On Airport)
www.doyouspain.com (On/Off Airport depending on who they use)
You can also get a minibus pickup (airport)/drop off (to your door) for about 30 Euros per person Return (from your door), or alternatively Taxi's will take you from the Airport (at approx 100 Euros return)
Apartment is 40 mins drive from Reine Sofia airport (easy road/directions available)
Activities near Puerto Santiago
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
20 Mar 2013
Large apartment - three bedrooms. Wall to wall windows from the kitchen and lounge overlooking the gorgeous Cliffs and Marina. It was so relaxing. You could watch the boats come in and out of the marina and the waves crashing!! The patio for breakfast and afternoon drinks was amazing. So peaceful. Apartment had everything you needed. One of our best holidays yet and will be back.
10 Oct 2012
We had the good fortune of staying at this apartment for 8 nights and loved every single moment. The website photos do not do it justice. It was so much better than expected. Having rented many properties throughout Europe, this property is tied for first place! It was spotlessly clean, bright, airy, and thoughtfully decorated. The kitchen had all of the amenities needed for self-catering. Plenty of comfy seating in the living room, good quality bedding, and plenty of closet space. Now on to the most important features; the view and terraces. The view is to die for and the two terraces make it even better. Note - the terrace table and chairs have been upgraded from website photo, really nice!)
The town of Los Gigantes is an absolute charm. We were able to walk to everything in town from the apartment (although the walk back up the hill takes a bit of exercise, but gets easier after a couple of times). Los Gigantes offers a variety of restaurants, nightly entertainment, shopping, and super markets. There is a small (safe swimming) beach below the apartment. Of the two Lidos in town, the Oasis was our favorite. Very laid back, clean, cheaply priced, good food, and friendly staff. We had dinner in several restaurants and were completely satisfied with all of them.
During our stay on Tenerife we visited many other locations on the island and none could top Los Gigantes or the view of the cliffs. Rent this aparment, you will not be disappointed.
Thank you to the owners, Mark and Carol, for their hospitality and all of the information they provided to make our vacation easy and enjoyable!
25 Aug 2012
We booked this apartment in January for a 2 week stay in August (for the extended family of 6 - 4 adults and 2 teenage boys) and during all that time the owner - Mark could not be more helpful.
He replied promptly to all our enquires and was open and honest about what to expect in Los Gigantes (it is very quiet and relaxing - perfect place for us).
Although we considered several other properties - we picked this one because of the images of astonishing views.
When we got there (following very descriptive instructions sent to us by Mark) - first thing we noticed is that images on the web site do not do justice to this property.
Apartment is very spacious and fully equipped for even a longer family stay.
But as expected - the best thing are the views.
I can honestly say that we spent around 60% of our time on the main balcony - just relaxing and watching the magnificent cliffs and the sea.
Even cooking didn't feel like a chore, as the whole of kitchen working area is positioned towards the sea and has wall to wall windows (as does most of the apartment).
Perhaps the only slight worry we had, was that the fence on the main balcony was a bit lower than what we felt comfortable with for kids (who are always in rush and not pay that much attention).
Whole of our stay was great and if we don't succeed in getting our own apartment in Los Gigantes - we will definitely be back.
Thanks a lot Mark
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|For Up To 4 People||11 Mar 13||1 Jan 15||£ 430||-||-||1 Night|
|Prices for group size 5|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|For 5 People||1 Jan 13||1 Jan 15||£ 540||-||-||1 Night|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|For 6 People||1 Jan 13||1 Jan 15||£ 650||-||-||1 Night|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- Flexible on Arrival/Departure Dates, so you get to choose when it's most convenient for you arrive and take advantage of availability on cheap flights
- Wherever possible, will fit in with requests for Weekends/Short breaks; Please email me with your requirements, and I will come back with a price by return
- Rental rates remain constant throughout the year, and do not go up at Christmas ect, so everyone gets the opportunity to enjoy the sights of Tenerife, the calmness, the heat and the relaxation that is Los GigantesEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
3 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This apartment has received 7 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.