Vista Los Gigantes
Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
- Los Gigantes is a quiet, family location on the South (Hot) Side of the Island
- The apartment itself has absolutely Stunning Views
- 3 Good Size Bedrooms – 2 with double beds, and the third with with twin beds, all with good size wardrobes
- Very Large Lounge/Dining Room with Satellite TV (including UK Channels) and DVD player
- Kitchen with Oven, Hob, Microwave, Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Juice Sqeezer etc
- Shower Room with separate Toilet
- Main Bathroom with Toilet, Bath and separate Shower
- Utility Room with Washing Machine, Ironing Board and Iron
- Large Main Balcony and connected but separate Large Sunbathing Balcony (which gets the Sun from about 12.00 to 20.00 depending on the time of year)
- Communal Swimming Pool with Sunbathing Terrace (there are only 15 Apartments in block, so you normally get this all to yourself)
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Los Gigantes 500 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Reine Sofia (TFS) 40 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Parking, Lift access|
|Further details indoors|
Unlike a lot of apartments, not only does this one have lots of space to store away any items that you have travelled with, but also, it is has lots of room to move around in !
With whitewashed walls and tiled floors throughout, comfortable seating inside, and lots of sitting/lounging space outside, the apartment is such a nice place for a family holiday, meeting up with friends, a midweek break or a romantic getaway ! Either way, you will not be disappointed with your surroundings
After a long day of hot sunbathing or island sightseeing, there is nothing better than to sit on the west facing balcony, sipping on a glass of chilled white wine, watching the boats coming and going from the marina, listening to the ocean waves below, and seeing the sun set on the horizon alongside La Gomera, Tenerifes nearest island neighbour
|Further details outdoors|
There is a small communal pool at the property, which includes a shaded area for getting out of the sun, sunbeds for lying in the sun, an outside shower for cooling off, and the pool itself, which although unheated, is refreshingly cool.
With only 15 apartments in the community, even at the height of any season, you are more than likely to have the whole pool area to yourself, to take in the pool, the sun, and yes the spectacular views !
The road where the apartment is located has pine trees to either side, and is level for some time before going up in two gradients before arriving at the apartment; Easy to walk downhill, and a little more effort to walk back up, but then if you are feeling tired after a hot day on the beach, then a Taxi will charge approx 2 Euros to come from the Marina up to the apartment.
The Canary Islands region
Tenerife is the largest (2034sq km) and highest (3718m) of the Canary Islands, with Mount Teide being Spain’s highest mountain.
The weather in Tenerife is usually hot and sunny, ideal for those lazy days on the beach, relaxing and taking occasional cooling dips in the sea.
The Island has a great variety of micro-climates in a very small geographic area and provides great holidays for many different types of tourist, not just those looking for beaches but also others that enjoy hiking, walking, climbing, paragliding, cycling, photography or any other outdoor pursuit that benefits from the wonderful climate and landscape available across the Island.
- Los Gigantes is a quiet marina location on the South (Hot) Side of the Island
- The town has a small/clean beach which is quite safe to swim from; there is also a saltwater lido with a restaurant and 2 pools, where you can sunbathe/eat/drink etc.; this costs about 3-4 Euros a day
- From the marina you can catch a boat out to see the dolphins (which are there all year round); we can recommend a smaller boat which is much better than the larger cruises that also head out from Los Gigantes.
- You can also catch a boat which takes you out to a remote beach past the cliffs, and then returns later in the day to pick you up.
- In addition there is also a dive centre if you want to go/learn scuba diving.
- Fishing is also available from the marina wall if you fancy it - decent fishing rods cost about 10-15 Euro from the market
- If hill walking is your thing (or just taking in the sights of nature), there are lots of walks in the immediate area around Los Gigantes, so you can take either a guided tour, or just do your own thing
- There are tennis courts in the town which are open to the Public
- It goes without saying that there are quite a few restaurants available, with the majority being really good quality, and one particular one that we go to which is more for adults (as they believe in taking your time when eating).
- Los Gigantes is the ideal base, because its calm and relaxed, always good/hot weather (at least every time we have been there), and is great to go out on day trips from
- Outside of Los Gigantes, there’s Mount Teide the volcano, which you can go up to the top of in a cable car, plus there are loads of water parks, shopping centres, cart racing, scary mountain roads ect.
- Please Note - Los Gigantes is not a 'Party' place, so if you are looking for a lot of nightlife, then best to stay in Los Christianos or Las Americanos where you will better suited, otherwise Los Gigantes is the place for you !
- Wireless Internet Access is available in Los Gigantes itself, either by purchasing a dongle at the Vodaphone shop nearby, or by purchasing account access through Canaries Wireless - www.canarieswireless.com/en
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
25 Aug 2014
Myself, husband and youngest daughter stayed at this fantastic apartment, we loved every minute of our holiday here. The view is to die for, we were all blown away. The facilities at the Apartment are… More
12 Aug 2014
"Fantastic apartment with stunning views"
Easy to book with plenty of information and advice before we travelled.
We travelled with our 2 kids, 9 and 14, and they both loved staying here.
The apartment was really spacious and was fully equipped with everything we needed. The kitchen had everything we needed and then some!
We loved sitting on the balcony and watching the boats going in and out of the harbour, the perfect spot for all meals and relaxing in the evening.
It's a bit of a trek up the hill, but found a dip in the pool afterwards always helped to cool us off.
We had a hire car as it worked out not much more than paying for transfers for us all and we used it to visit the Loro Park and Siam water park and also to go up the volcano, all of which are highly recommended. For those wanting to climb to the top, remember that you need to have applied in advance for a permit for the final climb!
We used the supermarket in Playa Arena as recommended and were pleasantly surprised by the choice and quality of food and also how cheap it was.
We had a fantastic holiday and this was e perfect place to stay.
Thank you Mark and Carol.
29 May 2014
Fabulous apartment with an amazing view from the balcony, we were lucky enough to see the whales basking in the bay. Roomy 3 bed apartment with all the home comforts, a well fitted kitchen with every utensil you need and very comfortable beds.
Yes the hill can be a bit of a trek but always got a taxi if we wanted one( 3 euros)
Los Gigantes has everything you want for a week away great bars and restaurants, a lido and a large selection of water activities in the harbour. Cheap regular bus travel to Las Americas approx 1 hour.
A great holiday.
Thanks Mark for making it so easy.
28 Apr 2014
"Really spacious apartment with the most stunning views!"
This was a lovely spacious apartment with the most amazing views - so lovely that we ate in every evening as didn't think we would find a restaurant with any better views! And with there being a… More
15 Apr 2014
Myself and my husband and young son (14) stayed in this amazing apartment for a week, what can I say, from the moment we walked in we were blown away what a view!!! a panoramic view of the cliffs and … More
23 Dec 2013
"A truly wonderful holiday in an amazing apartment"
We can only reiterate what everyone else has said about this fantastic apartment in Los Gigantes. My husband and I booked this apartment as we needed some time to 'chill out' after quite a … More
5 Sep 2013
"Amazing apartment in a fantastic location"
I travelled to Los Gigantes with my husband, 2 daughters and their boyfriends for one week. We were immediately blown away by the apartment. It was very spacious and had everything in that you could p… More
20 Aug 2013
This apartment exceeded my expectations. It was so spacious and the new kitchen & bathrooms are lovely. The kitchen was well equipped & the crockery, cutlery etc. were clean & new.The best thing about… More
16 Aug 2013
"A Gem in Los Gigantes"
We are regular visitors to Los Gigantes and have had the pleasure of staying at this apartment twice in recent months.
Booking was very quick and straightforward and there are lots of great tips in the apartment guide supplied by the owner. The interior is light, airy and very spacious and there are two huge balconies which are in a prime position but are also very private. We used the swimming pool daily - it is very clean and well maintained and we often had the pool to ourselves.
The apartment is extremely well equipped and comfortable and the recently refurbished kitchen is fantastic.
We loved everything about the property and feel it is an ideal spot for a very relaxing holiday.
We guarantee that you would never tire of the magnificent view from the balcony. Binoculars recommended !
23 Jul 2013
"A superb apartment with spectacular views."
This is a very well appointed apartment at the end of a cul-de-sac which rises up from the town (hence the amazing views and quiet position). It has a spacious lounge with very comfortable furniture and the newly fitted kitchen has all the modern conveniences as well as a spectacular view over the bay. Breakfast and evenings on the balcony are a must, and there is a private sun-trap for sun worshippers. Altogether this apartment provides a relaxing and comfortable holiday HOME.
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted