Vista Los Gigantes
Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
- Los Gigantes is a quiet, family location on the South (Hot) Side of the Island
- The apartment itself has absolutely Stunning Views
- 3 Good Size Bedrooms – 1 with a double bed, the other two with twin beds, all with good size wardrobes
- Very Large Lounge/Dining Room with Satellite TV (including UK Channels) and DVD player
- Kitchen with Oven, Hob, Microwave, Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Juice Sqeezer etc
- Shower Room with separate Toilet
- Main Bathroom with Toilet, Bath and separate Shower
- Utility Room with Washing Machine, Ironing Board and Iron
- Large Main Balcony and connected but separate Large Sunbathing Balcony (which gets the Sun from about 12.00 to 20.00 depending on the time of year)
- Communal Swimming Pool with Sunbathing Terrace (there are only 15 Apartments in block, so you normally get this all to yourself)
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Los Gigantes 500 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Reine Sofia (TFS) 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Parking, Lift access|
|Further details indoors|
Unlike a lot of apartments, not only does this one have lots of space to store away any items that you have travelled with, but also, it is has lots of room to move around in !
With whitewashed walls and tiled floors throughout, comfortable seating inside, and lots of sitting/lounging space outside, the apartment is such a nice place for a family holiday, meeting up with friends, a midweek break or a romantic getaway ! Either way, you will not be disappointed with your surroundings
After a long day of hot sunbathing or island sightseeing, there is nothing better than to sit on the west facing balcony, sipping on a glass of chilled white wine, watching the boats coming and going from the marina, listening to the ocean waves below, and seeing the sun set on the horizon alongside La Gomera, Tenerifes nearest island neighbour
|Further details outdoors|
There is a small communal pool at the property, which includes a shaded area for getting out of the sun, sunbeds for lying in the sun, an outside shower for cooling off, and the pool itself, which although unheated, is refreshingly cool.
With only 15 apartments in the community, even at the height of any season, you are more than likely to have the whole pool area to yourself, to take in the pool, the sun, and yes the spectacular views !
The road where the apartment is located has pine trees to either side, and is level for some time before going up in two gradients before arriving at the apartment; Easy to walk downhill, and a little more effort to walk back up, but then if you are feeling tired after a hot day on the beach, then a Taxi will charge approx 2 Euros to come from the Marina up to the apartment.
The Tenerife region
Tenerife is the largest (2034sq km) and highest (3718m) of the Canary Islands, with Mount Teide being Spain’s highest mountain.
The weather in Tenerife is usually hot and sunny, ideal for those lazy days on the beach, relaxing and taking occasional cooling dips in the sea.
The Island has a great variety of micro-climates in a very small geographic area and provides great holidays for many different types of tourist, not just those looking for beaches but also others that enjoy hiking, walking, climbing, paragliding, cycling, photography or any other outdoor pursuit that benefits from the wonderful climate and landscape available across the Island.
- Los Gigantes is a quiet marina location on the South (Hot) Side of the Island
- The town has a small/clean beach which is quite safe to swim from; there is also a saltwater lido with a restaurant and 2 pools, where you can sunbathe/eat/drink etc.; this costs about 3-4 Euros a day
- From the marina you can catch a boat out to see the dolphins (which are there all year round); we can recommend a smaller boat which is much better than the larger cruises that also head out from Los Gigantes.
- You can also catch a boat which takes you out to a remote beach past the cliffs, and then returns later in the day to pick you up.
- In addition there is also a dive centre if you want to go/learn scuba diving.
- Fishing is also available from the marina wall if you fancy it - decent fishing rods cost about 10-15 Euro from the market
- If hill walking is your thing (or just taking in the sights of nature), there are lots of walks in the immediate area around Los Gigantes, so you can take either a guided tour, or just do your own thing
- There are tennis courts in the town which are open to the Public
- It goes without saying that there are quite a few restaurants available, with the majority being really good quality, and one particular one that we go to which is more for adults (as they believe in taking your time when eating).
- Los Gigantes is the ideal base, because its calm and relaxed, always good/hot weather (at least every time we have been there), and is great to go out on day trips from
- Outside of Los Gigantes, there’s Mount Teide the volcano, which you can go up to the top of in a cable car, plus there are loads of water parks, shopping centres, cart racing, scary mountain roads ect.
- Please Note - Los Gigantes is not a 'Party' place, so if you are looking for a lot of nightlife, then best to stay in Los Christianos or Las Americanos where you will better suited, otherwise Los Gigantes is the place for you !
- Wireless Internet Access is available in Los Gigantes itself, either by purchasing a dongle at the Vodaphone shop nearby, or by purchasing account access through Canaries Wireless - www.canarieswireless.com/en
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
23 Dec 2013
"A truly wonderful holiday in an amazing apartment"
We can only reiterate what everyone else has said about this fantastic apartment in Los Gigantes. My husband and I booked this apartment as we needed some time to 'chill out' after quite a … More
5 Sep 2013
"Amazing apartment in a fantastic location"
I travelled to Los Gigantes with my husband, 2 daughters and their boyfriends for one week. We were immediately blown away by the apartment. It was very spacious and had everything in that you could p… More
20 Aug 2013
This apartment exceeded my expectations. It was so spacious and the new kitchen & bathrooms are lovely. The kitchen was well equipped & the crockery, cutlery etc. were clean & new.The best thing about… More
16 Aug 2013
"A Gem in Los Gigantes"
We are regular visitors to Los Gigantes and have had the pleasure of staying at this apartment twice in recent months.
Booking was very quick and straightforward and there are lots of great tips in the apartment guide supplied by the owner. The interior is light, airy and very spacious and there are two huge balconies which are in a prime position but are also very private. We used the swimming pool daily - it is very clean and well maintained and we often had the pool to ourselves.
The apartment is extremely well equipped and comfortable and the recently refurbished kitchen is fantastic.
We loved everything about the property and feel it is an ideal spot for a very relaxing holiday.
We guarantee that you would never tire of the magnificent view from the balcony. Binoculars recommended !
23 Jul 2013
"A superb apartment with spectacular views."
This is a very well appointed apartment at the end of a cul-de-sac which rises up from the town (hence the amazing views and quiet position). It has a spacious lounge with very comfortable furniture and the newly fitted kitchen has all the modern conveniences as well as a spectacular view over the bay. Breakfast and evenings on the balcony are a must, and there is a private sun-trap for sun worshippers. Altogether this apartment provides a relaxing and comfortable holiday HOME.
18 Jun 2013
"Perfect, relaxing and peaceful - fall asleep to the sound of the waves."
I took my 80 year old father for a weeks holiday to Los Gigantes and stayed in this apartment - it was perfect, we were not disappointed. Situated at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac with to die for views of the cliffs and the beautiful marina. The apartment itself has recently been updated with brand new kitchen and main family bathroom both to a very high spec, the bedrooms and living room are large, bright and airy with wall to wall windows. We had a fab time and highly recommend this rental to anyone thinking of visiting the area. There is also a lift on sight!! The owners was a delight to deal with and went out of their way to make us feel very welcome.
26 May 2013
I stayed here with my husband and 2 friends in May for 10 days and it was ideal. We practically moved on to the enormous balcony for the entire holiday. Los Gigantes is quite a small town but it has … More
20 Mar 2013
"Absolutely Amazing Apartment"
Large apartment - three bedrooms. Wall to wall windows from the kitchen and lounge overlooking the gorgeous Cliffs and Marina. It was so relaxing. You could watch the boats come in and out of the marina and the waves crashing!! The patio for breakfast and afternoon drinks was amazing. So peaceful. Apartment had everything you needed. One of our best holidays yet and will be back.
10 Oct 2012
"Best Spot On The Entire Island -- FABULOUS !!!"
We had the good fortune of staying at this apartment for 8 nights and loved every single moment. The website photos do not do it justice. It was so much better than expected. Having rented many properties throughout Europe, this property is tied for first place! It was spotlessly clean, bright, airy, and thoughtfully decorated. The kitchen had all of the amenities needed for self-catering. Plenty of comfy seating in the living room, good quality bedding, and plenty of closet space. Now on to the most important features; the view and terraces. The view is to die for and the two terraces make it even better. Note - the terrace table and chairs have been upgraded from website photo, really nice!)
The town of Los Gigantes is an absolute charm. We were able to walk to everything in town from the apartment (although the walk back up the hill takes a bit of exercise, but gets easier after a couple of times). Los Gigantes offers a variety of restaurants, nightly entertainment, shopping, and super markets. There is a small (safe swimming) beach below the apartment. Of the two Lidos in town, the Oasis was our favorite. Very laid back, clean, cheaply priced, good food, and friendly staff. We had dinner in several restaurants and were completely satisfied with all of them.
During our stay on Tenerife we visited many other locations on the island and none could top Los Gigantes or the view of the cliffs. Rent this aparment, you will not be disappointed.
Thank you to the owners, Mark and Carol, for their hospitality and all of the information they provided to make our vacation easy and enjoyable!
25 Aug 2012
"Truly Amazing apartment"
We booked this apartment in January for a 2 week stay in August (for the extended family of 6 - 4 adults and 2 teenage boys) and during all that time the owner - Mark could not be more helpful.
He replied promptly to all our enquires and was open and honest about what to expect in Los Gigantes (it is very quiet and relaxing - perfect place for us).
Although we considered several other properties - we picked this one because of the images of astonishing views.
When we got there (following very descriptive instructions sent to us by Mark) - first thing we noticed is that images on the web site do not do justice to this property.
Apartment is very spacious and fully equipped for even a longer family stay.
But as expected - the best thing are the views.
I can honestly say that we spent around 60% of our time on the main balcony - just relaxing and watching the magnificent cliffs and the sea.
Even cooking didn't feel like a chore, as the whole of kitchen working area is positioned towards the sea and has wall to wall windows (as does most of the apartment).
Perhaps the only slight worry we had, was that the fence on the main balcony was a bit lower than what we felt comfortable with for kids (who are always in rush and not pay that much attention).
Whole of our stay was great and if we don't succeed in getting our own apartment in Los Gigantes - we will definitely be back.
Thanks a lot Mark
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
100% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Playa de Las Americas
- 371 properties
- Costa Adeje
- 207 properties
- Puerto Santiago
- 87 properties
- 72 properties
- Icod de los Vinos
- 62 properties
- Playa de los Cristianos
- 60 properties
- Guia De Isora
- 20 properties
- Playa San Juan
- 19 properties
- Buenavista del Norte
- 17 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- Acantilados de los Gigantes
- 12 properties
- La Caleta
- 12 properties
- La Guancha
- 12 properties
- Santiago del Teide
- 11 properties
- Los Silos
- 9 properties
- Costa Adeje San Eugenio
- 9 properties
- Tanque, El
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- Pinque, El
- 6 properties