SEA GARDEN HOUSE
from £129 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £129 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
House / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Availability Your dates are available
House / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
This delightful apartment is situated in Praiano, just below the little church of San Tommaso. This is one of the most quiet and sought after parts of the town. It is in an excellent panoramic setting and offers comfortable accommodation.
It offers all modern conveniences and is particularly suited to a clientele who wish to spend their holidays in peace and quiet enjoying the genuine charm of the area.
Sea Garden House is immersed in the green of the typical hanging gardens of the Amalfi Coast.
It is easily reached by foot along via Asciola, a typical town lane which leads from the town hall.
The large terrace looks out over the expanse of the sea and the striking beauty of Saracen Tower built by Carlo D'Angiò.
Near the terrace there is a large garden equipped with sunbeds,umbrella and outside shower.
It is composed of a fully equipped modern kitchen, a double bedroom, a twin bedroom, a living area with a sofa and T.V. and two bathrooms,one with tub and another with shower.
The apartment is air conditioned. All furnishings are tasteful and modern.
Private porter available to help guests with the luggage.
It is convenient to all essential tourist services.
Near the property and close to Piazza Moressa, there is a bancomat services, first aid station and a well equipped municipal gym.
It is a short walk down to the beach at La Praia where there are several excellent restaurants, boat rental services and a scuba diving centre.
The bus stops which connect to Amalfi, Ravello, Salerno, Sorrento and Positano is a short walk from the property.
From Sorrento and Positano there is boat service to Capri and Ischia.
From Sorrento there is train service to Pompei and Napoli. From Salerno there is easy connection to the archeological site of Paestum.
Groceries can be home delivered from the nearly store, and barber, hairdresser, grocery and wine stores are all a short walk away.
Typical shops, bars, refined restaurants as well as the famous "Africana" night club are easily accessible the typical ramps of stairs and romantic lanes which characterize this part of the Amalfi Coast.
Sea garden House is situated in via San Tommaso and its free parking is situated in via Roma, not far from the house, accessible by a typical ramps of stairs.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||The Praia Beach|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: www.portal.gesac.it/portal/page/portal/internet, Nearest railway: www.trenitalia.com|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Amalfi Coast region
Declared one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites for its undisputed beauty and the uniqueness of its natural landscape, the Amalfi Coast is the land characterised by the oxymoronic combination between mountain and sea, the farmer and the fisherman. The mountain, that thanks to the intense work of man, has been adapted to the demands of life over the ages. It plunges steeply into a sea, creating charming coves, deep fjords, cliffs, caverns, bays, natural arches and small pebble beaches; natural elements that have created, over the centuries, an enchanting, sinuous and seductive landscape: it is certainly not a coincidence that this area is known as the land of the Sirens, in the Homer's epic poem "Odysseus". Typical houses, painted in warm pastel colors, follow the natural slope of the foothills of Mounts Lattari, leaning against each other, creating a very picturesque landscape. From the characteristic terraces, built with dry stone walls, expands the intense scents of the lemon groves, the vineyards, the broom, the bright colors of bougainvillea which, combined with the smell of salt air, creates a unique sensory experience.
Thirteen are the pearls of this land, located along a stretch of road among the most scenic in the world, ripped from the bare rock, which give the tourists strong emotions, pleasant memories and a strong desire to return as soon as possible to this little piece of heaven on earth.
Located between Positano and Conca dei Marini, the ancient Plagianum (from greek "open sea") consists of a colorful and intricate maze of narrow streets, alleys and staircases, typical houses in pastel lime with flowered balconies, terraces of lemons and sacred images, as far as the sea. Here it is possible to enjoy one of the most fascinating and romantic view of the Amalfi Coast: a large stretch of sea with, on the right, the lights of the bay of Positano, Li Galli islands, the Sorrento peninsula, the tip of Punta Campanella and the Faraglioni of Capri in the background. Who said that the sunsets in Praiano are among the most romantic in the world, he has told certainly the truth!
Until a few years ago, Praiano was just a fishing village; today it has opened to tourism preserving its most authentic and genuine soul, avoiding mass tourism and offering, in this way, a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. A population of craftsmen, since 1300-1400, the inhabitants of Praiano were specialised in the production of linen, coral objects (artisans working with coral were easy to recognize because of the earrings they wore, an antique Saracen tradition), hair nets, anchovies packed in salt and weaving palms during the Easter period.
The town features numerous historical, architectural and naturalistic attractions:
- the Church of San Luca the Evangelist, in Baroque style; the interior is decorated with a beautiful tiled floor with a floral motif and, in the center, the image of the patron saint, depicted in the act of painting. The original structure dates from the XIII century. Interesting are also the silver bust of the Saint (1694) and two panel paintings ("The Circumcision" by Giovan Bernardo Lama and the "Madonna del Rosario" by Padovano De Montorio).
- the Church of San Gennaro, in the village of Vettica Maggiore, built in Renaissance style and features three naves and a dome covered with majolica tiles. It was built in the XVI century on the ruins of an existing building dating from the XIII century, which was entitled to the same Saint. Inside are preserved paintings of "The Annunciation" (1696), "The Martyrdom of Saint Bartholomew" (1747) by Giambattista Lama and the "Sacred Family" (end of XVI century).
- the Church of Santa Maria a Castro with the adjoining convent of San Domenico, situated on the slopes of Mount Sant'Angelo a Tre Pizzi, at 360 meters above sea level. It was mentioned for the first time in 1599, and preserves inside a venerated image of Our Lady of Grace (XV century).
- the Church of San Giovanni Battista, built at the center of the town and dates back to the XI-XII century. Inside it features a beautiful terracotta tiled floor and a imposing pipe organ, both of the Neapolitan school.
- the Chapel of San Tommasos, a single nave plan building covered with a barrel vault. Inside there is an XVIII century wooden crucifix and a XVI century Neapolitan school altarpiece depicting the Madonna and Child with St. Thomas.
- the Church of St. Catherine of Alexandria, located close to the Torre a Mare;
- the Chapel of St. Nicholas, with an organ of XVIII century of the Neapolitan school, and a famous painting depicting the saint;
- the Church of Our Lady of Constantinople;
- the remains of the Church of San Costanzo;
- numerous sacred images, built with the typical "riggiole" tiles of majolica, which represent the fervent faith of local people;
- the fortified towers, built to defend the area from the Saracen pirate attacks, part of the imposing defense system of the Amalfi Coast;
- Marina di Praia, a fiord bay located between two high rock walls. On the tip of the promontory stands the Torre a Mare, of medieval origin, which is reachable by a charming panoramic promenade around the cliff of La Praia, not far from the surface of the sea.
- La Cala of Gavitella, the only beach on the Amalfi Coast illuminated until sunset. On the nearby cliff stands the Tower del Grado, built during the Spanish Viceroy domination.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Sea Garden H.
Calendar last updated:13 Aug 2015
Based in Italy