About the home
Casa Alegria is located a short' walk from the beach and the many excellent restaurants and shops in Luz. Quiet and peaceful, yet only a short drive from the larger towns such as Lagos. The villa benefits from its own private lawned garden.
There are several world-class golf courses a short drive away, making it a good location for golfers. The villa has private parking.
Praia da Luz is a pretty, relaxed seaside resort, with a family-friendly white sandy beach, flanked on one side by cliffs, on top of which lies one of the region's best designed golf courses. The region experiences hot summers and mild winters when the landscape turns into a quite lush subtropical bloom of plants and flowers.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Praia da Luz, 200m|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 200m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
Refundable breakages deposit required.
The Algarve / West Algarve region
The Algarve is an all-year-round holiday destination due to its long hot summers, mild winters and low rainfall. On average there are 3,000 hours of sunshine each year!
Great people, stunning beaches, breathtaking scenery, fabulous food at reasonable prices - it's not surprising that people return to the Algarve again and again.
Mild winters and all year round sunshine make the area perfect for golfers. There are more than 20 first class golf courses within an hour's drive and 2 excellent courses are right on the doorstep - Parque da Floresta Golf is just 15 minutes away and BoaVista Golf is under 5 minutes' drive!
The Western Algarve area is a region of beautiful coasts, valleys and mountains. It offers much to do and see, and many unforgettable visits and trips are within easy access by modern highways or via scenic roads less travelled.
- A visit along the picturesque coastline to the historical Cape of Sagres, where Prince Henry “the Navigator” established the XIV century Sagres Nautical School. Splendid panoramic views of the sea, rocks, white cliffs, white, sandy beaches and abundant flora amidst the famous Algarvian triad of almond, kerob and fig (almond trees blossom in January/February).
- Visit the spectacular Bravura Dam in the Espinhaco de Cao mountain range, only 15 minutes away.
- Visit the historical town of Lagos 6km to the east, built inside 14th century castle walls, with its fortresses, narrow streets and typical quarters, contrasting sharply with the town’s modern architecture, as embodied by the marine parade and its adjacent marina offering a variety of activities. Those that enjoy night-life won't be disappointed with Lagos, as there are so many restaurants and bars to choose from. A lovely palm-fringed esplanade by the waterfront is connected by a foot-bridge to the marina at the other side, from where you can take a boat trip to see the grottos and dolphins.
- Restaurants, shopping centres, various sports (including golf), daily boat trips, are some of the many entertainments that the visitor can enjoy in Praia da Luz and surrounding areas.
The Praia da Luz / Vila da Luz area
Luz has everything you need within walking distance. There is a lovely promenade which winds down to the picturesque beach area where water sports are available and lots of restaurants and cafes. Several locations of historical interest can be found nearby, including the Roman ruins within the village, and the local church which is worth a visit. The village has retained much of its original charm.
With Lagos on your doorstep, other entertainment is only minutes away. The local guide, issued monthly, will inform visitors of festivals as diverse as the yearly food and confectionery fair, the summer jazz festival, sporting events, arts exhibitions (both ongoing and seasonal), and many other activities. Gastronomic variety and delights abound, not least centred around the fish market which provides local restaurants with an enviable variety of fish and seafood.
Close to the apartment you will find several beautiful unspoilt beaches, with opportunities to partake in any of the following - sailing, water skiing, boat hire, wind surfing, fishing, flying, walking, cycling, horse riding, golf, tennis, scuba diving, mountain biking, bowling, hang-gliding, nature trails and surfing
Other attractions close by include historic sites, museums, Lagos Zoo, theatre, cinema, theme park, grotto visits, sports centre, Zoo Marine for dolphin/whale/seal shows and water parks such as Aqualand and Slide and Splash. The villa is also close to shopping areas, many fantastic restaurants and supermarkets.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Fly to Faro (FAO) airport, which is 50 minutes from the property.
- Cheap flights using Easyjet, Monarch, BA, Thompson, Ryanair and others are available from many airports in the UK, and from many scheduled and low cost carriers from all over Europe. Most visitors should be able to reach our property within 3-4 hours of departing the UK, and within 4 hours of departing most European airports.
- All major car hire companies are represented but if you would like special rates, contact us beforehand as we have an agreement with a car rental company that does airport pick up and drop off.
- Local buses and trains (with a short taxi connection) run regularly from the airport to Lagos, about 7 km away.
- Taxis are readily available for transfers.
Activities near Praia da Luz
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
29 Jul 2011
large,roomy,handy,convenient,quality,immaculate,quality kitchen, and on and on i could go. Loved the appartment, the location, the garden , and the Mum , who looked after it..Sad to say, but this... more
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so pleased that you had a great time. Hope to see you again next year!
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low season||9 Jan 13||1 Jun 13||€ 539||€ 77||€ 77||1 Night|
|June||1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 719||€ 103||€ 103||1 Night|
|High Season||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||€ 899||€ 129||€ 129||1 Night|
|September||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||€ 779||€ 112||€ 112||1 Night|
|Low Season||1 Oct 13||1 Jun 14||€ 539||€ 77||€ 77||1 Night|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Early bird (more than 6 months in advance), late booking and bookings lasting longer than 15 days - discounts available - please enquire for more details.<BR>Special rate for returning customers.<BR>Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This apartment has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Villa Olivia in Praia da Luz, Portugal