About the home
***Special Discount: 24/08/13-31/08/13 reduced to £1,300 (£200 off)!***
This contemporary style four bedroom/bathroom villa is located on the five star golf and beach resort of Praia D'el Rey (winners of 'Portugal's Leading Resort' at the Worlds Travel Awards 2008 and voted 'European Golf Resort of the Year 2007' by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators) and is ideal for one/two families and/or golfers, with a south facing garden, private swimming pool, patio, bbq and 3G Internet access (at an extra cost payable to resort). It is within a short walk of the 18-hole championship golf course, driving range, children's play area, beach, shops and tennis courts. The clubhouse is nearby where there is an excellent bar, restaurant, take out service and a large family room with multiscreen TV. The five-star Marriott Hotel on the resort offers further bars, restaurants, state of the art gym, beauty salon and spa.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Praia D'el Rey, 1km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||4 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 en suites and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
The villa is tastefully furnished to a very high standard with ample room for one/two families or a group of golfers. It is fully centrally heated, fitted with insect screens on all windows, non smoking with two cots, two high chairs, two baby baths, changing mat, baby monitor and steriliser. 3G Internet access available at an extra cost (payable to resort).
The master en suite (bath/shower, double sink, wc and bidet) bedroom is upstairs with a king size bed, fitted wardrobes, TV/DVD, sofa, cot, hairdryer and private south facing balcony overlooking the pool/garden. En suite (bath/shower, sink, wc and bidet) bedroom two is upstairs with twin beds, fitted wardrobes and private south facing balcony overlooking the pool/garden. En suite (bath/shower, double sink, wc and bidet) bedroom three (second master bedroom) is downstairs with a king size bed, fitted wardrobes, armchair, travel cot, hairdryer and french windows leading to pool/garden. Bedroom four is downstairs with twin beds, fitted wardrobes and french windows leading onto terrace. There is also a downstairs shower room (shower, sink, wc and bidet) and separate utility room with washer/dryer.
The living/dining room with fireplace is very spacious leading directly onto terraces and pool/garden. Furnished in a contemporary style with leather sofas, eight seater dining table, large LCD surround sound TV (with European and UK channels including BBC and ITV), DVD player, DVD collection for guests use only, CD player and Wii with a selection of games.
The kitchen is modern and well equpied with granite work surfaces and stainless steel appliances.
Further details outdoors:
The villa is surrounded by a beautiful private garden, 8m x 4m private swimming pool, substantial terracing including alfresco terrace with brick bbq ideal for outside dining and patio that enjoys all day sun. Garden furniture includes dining table with seating for eight, parasol and four sunloungers.
There is private parking for two cars and extra parking available on the roadside.
The Costa de Prata/Silver Coast/Central Portugal region
Based in the unspoilt Oeste Region of Western Portugal with rolling countryside, historical towns and villages, white sandy beaches and delicious food and wine. The area offers some of the country's most impressive architecture, historical and religious sites. The silver coast has a spectacular coastline with nearly empty beaches and quaint fishing towns and villages. The region also boasts some excellent vineyards.
The Praia D'el Rey Golf and Country Club area
Praia D'el Rey is a five star holiday resort offering an array of facilities: golf course, tennis courts, football pitches, water activities, excursions, baby sitting services (which can be arranged at an extra charge through the resort), restaurants, unspoilt beach, small food store and five star Marriott hotel with restaurants, bars, gym and spa.
- Portugal's Leading Resort 2008 and 2007, awarded by the World Travel Awards
- Leading International Developer by International Homes Magazine 2007
- Homes Overseas Award 2006 - Best Apartment
- Best Portugal Development 2005
- Golf Resort of the Year Europe 2007
- Rated 80th in Golf World Top 100 golf courses 2005
- Golf World Ranked 13th in Continental Europe 2002/2003
- Rated 13th in Golf World Top 100 European golf courses 2002/2003
- Praia D’el Rey has a beautiful stretch of long sandy beach (three minute drive or a leisurely walk) which is excellent for surfing and walking.
- The beautiful Obidos lagoon, Lagoa de Óbidos, (10 minute drive) stretches in from the Atlantic and is ideal for families and water sports. Near Foz do Arelho (north side of Obidos Lagoon) an array of water activities are on offer including: windsurfing, kitesurfing, canoeing, wakeboarding and water skiing (www.escoladeveladalagoa.com).
- The sandy surfing beaches of Baleal (www.balealsurfcamp.com) and Peniche (www.cm-peniche.pt) are both a 10-15 minute drive and offer lessons in surfing, kite or windsurfing and jet skiing (www.penichekitecentre.com). You can catch a boat (seasonal) from Peniche to the Berlenga islands, a national marine nature reserve, and scuba dive (www.haliotis.pt).
- The villa is situated on the fabulous Praia D’el Rey resort and 18-hole golf course, arguably the most stunning in Europe. The golf course is located between the stunning Atlantic coast and the extensive pinewoods. Completed in 1998, the par 72, 6467 yard course has already become established as one of the very best in Europe. The course also offers a high quality golf academy, including driving range and short game practice area, and is always in great condition with lush fairways and well manicured greens. The clubhouse, first tee and driving range are all within a 10 minute walk. Golf clubs and buggies can be hired.
- There are numerous other good courses in the area; Vimeiro (at Hotel Golfe Mar), Oitavos (at Quinta da Marinha), Penha Longa Atlantico, Belas Clube de Campo, Golden Eagle, CampoReal and the new Bom Successo, with more opening soon (bookable through www.3dgolf.com or www.golfholidaysonline.com).
- Praia D'el Rey's children's club "Clube Aventura" (up to 16 years old) offers outdoor activities including surfing, bodyboarding, quad biking, paintball, archery, kayaking and beach/sports games. Family excursions and activities are also available. Bookable through "Clube Aventura" next to the club house (www.tshop.com.pt).
- Seven tennis courts, coaching available, five minutes walk from villa.
LOCAL PLACES OF INTEREST:
- Obidos (UNESCO World Heritage site 15-20 minutes drive) is a medieval walled town with cobbled streets, castle and plenty of craft/gift shops, restaurants and bars. There is a Chocolate Festival in February, Medieval Fair in July and a Christmas Fair in December. There is also a horse riding school that offer horse riding, horse jumping and lessons through Equestrian Association "Cavalo de Obidos".
- Peniche (www.cm-peniche.pt) and Baleal (10-15 minutes drive) are popular family beaches and surfing spots with seafood restaurants.
- The aqua park (seasonal) at Peniche (10 minutes drive) and go-karting at Dinokart (www.dinokart.com.pt) near Lourinha (20 minutes drives) are both great fun.
- Caldas da Rainha (15-20 minutes drive) boasts a daily food market, ceramics museum, restaurants and comprehensive shopping facilities.
- Lisbon, the vibrant capital city of Porugal, is one hours drive boasting museums, theatres, galleries, shops, restaurants and nightlife.
- Ancient town of Sintra, UNESCO World Heritage town, famous for its 15th century palace and Leiria, with its fortified castle built 12th century are both within an hours drive.
- The great abbeys of Batalha and Alcobaça and the well known shrine of Fátima are all within an easy drive of the villa.
- Praia D'el Rey Resort (www.praia-del-rey.com) and Marriott Hotel (www.marriottpraiadelrey.com).
- Clube Aventura www.tshop.com.pt
- Pencihe www.cm-peniche.pt
- 3DGolf (www.3dgolf.com) and Course Master (www.www.golfholidaysonline.com) offer reduced golf green fees.
- Water activities: Near Foz do Arelho (north side of Obidos Lagoon) an array of water activities are on offer including: windsurfing, kitesurfing, canoeing, wakeboarding and water skiing (www.escoladeveladalagoa.com).
The sandy surfing beaches of Baleal (www.balealsurfcamp.com) and Peniche (www.penichekitecentre.com) offer lessons in surfing, kite or windsurfing and jet skiing. Scuba diving from Peniche to the Berlenga islands (www.haliotis.pt).
- Go-karting Dinokart (www.dinokart.com.pt) near Lourinha.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
The nearest airport is Lisbon which is under an hours drive to Praia D’el Rey. Car hire is advisable.
Lisbon is well served by both scheduled airlines and low cost airlines:
- Easyjet fly daily from London Luton and Gatwick
- Air Portugal (TAP) fly from Birmingham, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London Gatwick/Heathrow and Manchester
- BA offers flights daily from London Heathrow
- Aer Lingus fly from Dublin
Further flights are provided by Swiss, Iberia, Air Berlin, Czech Airlines, Ryanair (from Ireland), KLM, Lufthansa, Alitalia and Air France
Flights take approximately two hours 30 minutes from UK.
Porto is another alternative airport and is about two hours and 30 minutes (190 miles. Ryanair fly from Dublin, Liverpool and Stansted).
Faro is an alternative airport offering many cheap flights with the low-cost carriers. Praia d’el Rey is approximately three hours from Faro (220 miles).
Activities near Praia D'el Rey Golf and Country Club
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
10 Dec 2012
We stayed at Casa Eucalipto twice; September 2011 and June 2012, and had a wonderful time on both occasions. We have booked again for June 2013. Our children have really enjoyed their holidays at the villa, its a very secure space for children. On arrival a welcome pack greeted us, consisting of bread, cheese, bacon, fruit, tea, butter, wine, etc, this was very handy as we arrived late on our first visit. This spacious villa is well equipped and furnished to a very high standard, ideal for families with lots of dvd's, books, toys, games and nintendo Wii. Casa Eucalipto is spotlessly clean, light and airy, the pool is checked regularly and grounds keep in good order.
We particularly enjoyed the peace and quiet of the resort and the amazingly empty beach less than 5 minutes' walk away. We spent many hours just sitting by the pool and relaxing, we ate out a lot, the Pizzeria in Serra del Rey is very good and the portions are enormous.Kitchen in the villa is very well equipped, bakery in Serra del Rey good for lunch time snacks. Would have no hesitation recommending Casa Eucalipto to anyone! Enjoy!!!
26 Nov 2012
We stayed in the villa with our three young children and grand-parents. The villa has everything you require for a lovely relaxing holiday (BBQ, large heated pool with slide, enclosed garden, Wii, satellite TV etc) and it is furnished in a nice modern style. Everything is very well maintained and the owners were extremely helpful with directions and advice for shopping/trips etc during your stay. The resort is quiet but possibly gets busier later in the season but that suited us perfectly. There is a play park, tennis courts, golf clubhouse with great views and food and a long unspoilt beach within walking distance of the villa. There is also a Marriot hotel resort within walking distance for eating/drinks/spa treatments etc. You definitely need a car to get to the local village and nearby supermarkets so car hire is a must in our opinion. This also enables you to explore the the local area which has lots to see (the nearby town of Obidos is really scenic) and everywhere seems far more Portuguese than the Algarve and the weather is slightly cooler in Summer. We enjoyed it so much we are planning to go back next year!
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|June'13||1 Jun 13||30 Jun 13||£ 950||-||-||4 Nights|
|July'13||30 Jun 13||21 Jul 13||£ 1200||-||-||1 Week|
|July-Aug'13||21 Jul 13||24 Aug 13||£ 1500||-||-||1 Week|
|***Special August Discount***||24 Aug 13||31 Aug 13||£ 1300||-||-||1 Week|
|Sept'13||31 Aug 13||1 Oct 13||£ 1000||-||-||1 Week|
|Oct'13||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 850||-||-||4 Nights|
|Nov'13-Mar'14||1 Nov 13||1 Apr 14||£ 800||-||-||4 Nights|
|April-May'14||1 Apr 14||31 May 14||£ 850||-||-||4 Nights|
|June'14||31 May 14||28 Jun 14||£ 950||-||-||4 Nights|
|July'14||28 Jun 14||19 Jul 14||£ 1200||-||-||1 Week|
|July-Aug'14||19 Jul 14||30 Aug 14||£ 1500||-||-||1 Week|
|Sept'14||30 Aug 14||1 Oct 14||£ 1000||-||-||4 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
***Special Discount: 24/08/13-31/08/13 reduced to £1,300 (£200 off)***
Pool heating included June-August. Payments in Sterling (£) or Euros (€). Euro rates subject to fluctuation owing to the exchange rates. Exchange rate used at the time of booking. Minimum stay of four nights except during peak periods where the minimum stay is seven nights. Changeover day Saturday during peak periods (July and August). Otherwise flexible. Check in after 4pm and check out by 10am. Strictly no smoking inside the villa. The villa is cleaned prior to stay and bed linen changed after a week if a two week stay only. Mid week or daily cleaning can be arranged upon request at an extra charge. The resort has its own laundry service if requested. Linen and towels (including beach towels) are provided. A non-refundable 25% deposit secures your booking. Balance payable eight weeks prior to stay. In addition a breakages deposit of £300 is added to your final payment to cover any damages or breakages during your stay. This will be refunded after the end of your rental period provided no breakages or damages have occurred (subject to satisfactory property inspection).Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This villa has received 2 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.