Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 9
Casa Nostra is a beautiful south facing Villa standing in its own PRIVATE GARDENS with POOL. Its location is quite unique, situated on a quiet lane, nestling in the gorgeous mountain Catalan village of Fuilla.
The villa (CAN SLEEP 9 all in bedrooms) has been tastefully restored to a high standard throughout, giving it a modern yet traditional feel and is designed to make your holiday as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, having all the comforts of home from home.
On the 1st floor, are two double sized bedrooms and a shower room. A lovely spacious open plan kitchen-lounge-dinner, which is all well equipped, with microwave,dishwasher,etc...There's a log burner for those cosy winter evenings, from here are 2 balconies leading off the kitchen & lounge area where you can enjoy the fabulous views of Mount Canigou, sit and relax, enjoy al fresco style living, all while taking in the fresh mountain air.
On the ground floor, is a further double sized bedroom and a 2nd lounge (with it’s own TV system,DVD player & Play station) which can be used as a 4th bedroom having two comfortable sofa beds.(Please note:- if the 4th bedroom/2nd lounge is in use, you can still excess the Villa without going through the 4th bedroom via the laundry room)
There is also a bathroom with a separate toilet, a laundry room and the use of the integral garage to store your bikes, ski equipment etc.
The gardens are surrounded by 360° panoramic views, here you can unwind & simply get away from it all. To the side of the house is a BBQ and seating area. The pool (9 x 4 metres) is situated to the front of the property and is used from Late May- early June through to Mid September. The weather during the Months of May to September is usually constantly hot with a welcoming breeze off the mountains, making the pool & garden area an ideal place to unwind.
The distinctive layout of the Villa, allows you to appreciate these breath taking views & surroundings of this serene location. Even the most stressed person, is guaranteed to feel completely relaxed & stress-free after a few days in this idyllic setting, it truly is the ideal location to get away from it all.
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL FEE: Quality bed linen & towels, pool towels, end of stay cleaning service, Linen change for 2 week booking or longer, The use of Logs for the BBQ and all amenities.
Baby Cot, High chair & stair gate are provided for your use free of charge,( Please bring your own bedding,)
ADDITIONAL CHARGES: Logs for the log burner (Usually in the winter months,) Small fee for the 9th person in your party.
Wi-Fi internet connection is included from May to September, (it is an additonal charge out of peak season.)
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Vinca Lake 21 km|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perpignan 58 km, Nearest railway: Villefranche-de-conflent 4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Casa Nostra has so much to offer!
* Upstairs Lounge area, with plasma TV +individual free to view satellite TV box + CD/radio with MP3 & USB port. DVD player, log burner.
* Wi-Fi internet connection is included during Early June to Early September (Other Months an additional fee is required, please ask for details)
* Downstairs Lounge,(CAN BE USED AS A 4th BEDROOM) with TV + it's own individual free to view satellite box ,PS2 with games and a selection of board games. , having a double sized sofa bed with everyday use mattress + single sofa bed for possible 9th person
* Fully equipped kitchen
* 2 bedrooms with Queen sized beds
* 1 twin bedroom with 2 single beds
* 4th bedroom with one doulbe sofa bed & one single sofa bed
* 2 bathrooms with towel heaters
* Laundry/ drying room
* 2 fridge freezers, one on each floor
* Strictly NON SMOKING indoors, however ashtrays are provided for outdoors
* Integral garage- ideal for storing bikes and ski equipment.
* There is a safe for all valuables
* Electric heaters in all rooms
* Log burner (There is a small fee for the use of Logs depending on the quantity used)
* Cot & high chair are available on request ,
|Further details outdoors|
* 2 Balconies with breathtaking views!
* Large BBQ area with seating for several people
* Sun Beds & Recliner Chairs, Table & chairs for 8 people, Two Picnic Benches
* The private garden is surrounded by panorama views it is mostly laid to lawn & bordered with shrubs & fruit trees.providing shaded areas for those hot summer days. The garden is secure for those younger member of your party.
* THE POOL, Measures 9 x 4 metres and is situated to the front of the property, it is used from late May to September. The Pool has a saftey cover installed to comply with the French saftey regulation. During the summer period the pool with be maintained on a weekly basis.
* Parking for up to 3 cars
All amenities are included in the rental charges ...
Electric & water
Linen & bath towels are provided. (changed on a weekly basis)
Pool towels are provided. (these are not changed during your stay)
Logs are available for the winter months ( at a additional fee)
Logs are provided for the BBQ free of charge.
Non-Saturday arrivals considered please enquire. (only out of peak season)
PLEASE NOTE...A food pack can be provided for your arrival at an additional charge.
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
The Conflent region benefits from being one of the warmest mountain areas in France being the most southerly/Eastern point, set between the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea and the towering peaks of the Pyrenees. The Conflent Valley has breathtaking views and spectacular geological features……..
THE AREA OFFERS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE OF ALL AGES AND IS PERFECT FOR MULTI ACTIVITIES
Hiking-Rambling-Trekking-Mountain climbing -Mountain biking-White water rafting-Horse riding-Golf- Tennis, Skiing- Canoeing
Here's Just a few local sites of interest within easy driving (or walking) distance.
* The location is an endless wilderness for Ramblers and mountain climbers, many maps are available in local shops to plan that perfect route...
* Prades (10 min drive) is the capital of the Conflent and is the nearest main town. Here you will find plenty of shops, restaurants and a thriving market on Tuesdays & Saturdays mornings, (please give yourselves plenty of time for parking in the peak season.)
* Rock pools at Sahorre (3km) is well worth a trip on a hot summers day. Take a dip in the fresh mountain
* Villefranche-de-conflent (4km) is a real attraction for tourists. In this 11th century fortified town, the day will pass away in no time, having plenty to explore with a wide choice of quaint shops and a variety of restaurants and bars. You can also visit the Fort upon the mountain, travel up by 4x4 and walk back via the underground tunnel which leads you back into the walled town.
* Little yellow Train (4km… Petit Train Jaune) The train travels from Villefranche-de-conflent, here you can enjoy the spectacular scenery whilst climbing through the hills, passing through tunnels & crossing bridges, after a 63km climb you reach Bolquere (the highest railway station in France) Well worth the day out. Please give yourselves plenty of time for parking prior to the time of the train you wish to catch.
* Grottes de Canalettes,(4km) magnificent renowned caves with an incredible light and sound show .
* St Martin du Canigou, (6km) ..9th century abbey perched impressively high on thehillside with fantastic scenery and walks.
* Vernet Les Baines (7.5 km) Spa Town with an outdoor swimming pool and a casino for those who dare!!!
* Casteill animal park , great for the kids. (9km)
* St Michel de Cuxa, 6th century abbey that hosts concerts during the Pablo Casals festival but is also open for viewing most of the year. (10 km)
* St Thomas les Bains, outstanding natural thermal hot springs in wonderful outdoor mountain setting. (15 km)
AND THERE'S MUCH MUCH MORE TO SEE AND DO
FUILLA is considered to be one of the most attractive and quaint villages in the region, its position is quite unique, being secluded yet easily accessible. It’s only 4 km from the main RN-Road and the Famous historical 11th century fortified town of Villefranche-de-Conflent. (Which has recently been nominated as a UNESCO world heritage site.)
Fuilla is situated midway between the Mediterranean Ocean and the Pyrenees Mountains in the Conflent Valley, During the Months of May to September the weather is usually constantly hot with a welcoming breeze off the mountains, Fuilla is an ideal starting point for hiking, cycling,& horse riding, (not forgetting skiing in the winter months.)and many more activities on the door step. You can hike or ski in the morning & spend the afternoon relaxing in Casa Nostra's private gardens or take a short drive to the thermal spas at Vernet Les Bains which is less than a 10 mins away. You can even drive to the coast, or chill out on the Lake beach in vinca.
There is a restaurant/bar in the village where you will be made to feel very welcome and you can experience the local Catalan cuisine. If you fancy a drive there are several restaurants in Villefranche-de-Conflent and also in Vernet les Bains
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
23 Sep 2014
"Superb villa in a beautiful region of France"
The service from the owners was excellent - fast, efficient and friendly, from the moment of our initial enquiry until we drove away at the end of a fantastic holiday. The villa was very well equipped… More
9 Sep 2014
Had a wonderful week at Casa Nostra. Place is peaceful, clean and extremely well equiped. Even a picnic basket for use whilst you are there - bottle opener included! We travelled with teenagers, fo… More
3 Sep 2014
"Lovely airy country house with fantastic views ."
This was our second visit to Casa Nostra and we were delighted to find it as peaceful and beautiful as on our previous visit of 2012 .The house is so well equipped ,spacious and cool at night so maki… More
11 Jul 2014
"A REAL HOME, NOT JUST A HOLIDAY RENTAL"
The other reviews are accurate. I would add that Cathy, the owner, is very helpful with any questions you may have. Also, Judy and Chris, who look after the villa, are also very helpful. Judy did some… More
18 Sep 2013
"Fantastic holiday home and location"
Casa Nostra is an exceptional holiday home. It is clean, well designed and fantastically well equipped. The views from the house are stunning and Fuilla village is very pretty. There is so much to do … More
8 Sep 2013
"Lovely peaceful villa in a wonderful area"
We had a wonderful week in Casa Nostra. The villa has a couple of other properties close by, but is very peaceful and private. There is plenty to do in the area from visiting historic sites like Ville… More
21 Sep 2012
"A delightful villa set in a picturesque and tranquil location"
What a perfect start to the first week of our two resort holiday …… an absolutely delightful villa set in a picturesque and tranquil location! This charming original house has been thoughtfully transformed into an ideal holiday retreat with its modern décor and style. The owners have equipped it with everything you could require for your stay …… no rushing to the supermarket for the mosquito spray, toilet rolls or salt n pepper in this villa! Many thanks also to Mike and Penny who are there to offer their valuable services whether it's to do with the villa or local information …..don't miss the little yellow train to Mount Louis, not quite a 'white-knuckle' ride but certainly an experience!
Bruno & Lisa
13 Sep 2012
"Absolutely amazing and unforgettable, exceeded all of our expectations."
The villa is truly exceptional, we were impressed with the thought that had obviously been taken when equipping the villa for guests, it easily accommodated all 8 of us, ages varying from 11 - 44. The… More
1 Sep 2012
"Lovely country house with glorious mountain views"
Our holiday experience from the start of the booking process Cathy was happy to answer any queries and I booked with complete confidence for a 2 week stay. We found the house easy to find with the directions and exactly as described on the website. Everywhere was clean including the barbecue which we made good use of even on our first evening having shopped on our way from Perpignan airport . A welcome pack of basics was provided as well which was a nice touch .
Although Casa Nostra is in a peaceful area there are lots of interesting activities within a short drive if you can tear the family away from the pool . Villefranche de Conflent is very close and worth a visit but go in the morning as it is busy later in the day as it's a popular tourist spot. The hilltop town of Eus is lovely for lunch with a view and the food was very good with something for all ages . If you're shopping in Prades try to combine a trip to the market and go and see the church altar which is magnificent .
Our favourite places to visit were the beach at Argeles north which was huge and sandy and clean and had lots of free parking. Avoid driving into Argeles sur Mer as the traffic is slow. We went twice to the Argeles Marenda beach and then drove down to Collioure and Port Vendres which were worth a visit . The adventure park at nearby Marquixanes was great fun for tree activities and tubing at which we all had a go . It's also nice to sit by the river or at the cafe if you are on camera duty or not feeling active! The Gorges of Carancas is spectacular and easy to park with various walks but sensible shoes are a must and I wouldn't take children under 8 .
This was overall our best holiday of the last few years as there was so much to do and see but we could relax in peace at the house and pool in the perfect climate . Hot enough to swim but cool enough at night to sleep and the mosquito nets on the windows seemed to keep any insects at bay . I loved getting up in the morning and watching the sun rising over the mountains .
Thanks for a great holiday !
22 Jul 2012
"Lovely Villa in Tranquil Location"
This is a great villa in a very peaceful spot down a no through road . It has been very tastefully modernised - keeping a country feel - wooden floors & crisp white bedlinen but having lovely modern b… More
You're booking with
- 5 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Oct 2014
Based in Spain
- 70 properties
- Font Romeu
- 39 properties
- Prats de Mollo
- 31 properties
- 23 properties
- 20 properties
- Les Angles, Pyrenees-Orientales
- 20 properties
- 19 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 16 properties
- Vernet les Bains
- 15 properties
- Saint Paul de Fenouillet
- 12 properties
- Arles sur Tech
- 10 properties
- Setcases, Municipio
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Ille sur Tet
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Saint Pierre Dels Forcats
- 6 properties