Holiday home near Beziers
About the home
This detached villa is a 5-minute walk from the village centre and the Canal du Midi, ideal for walking or cycling or just sitting watching the boats drift by - and only a short drive or cycle to award-winning Mediterranean beaches.
There are 3 large double bedrooms (1 double bed, 2 twin-bedded) and 2 separate bathrooms with wc, bath/shower and handbasin. The spacious lounge/dining room has access to the garden with a front terrace, rear terrace and large side terrace. Garden furniture, loungers and barbecue. Separate fully-fitted kitchen/diner.
The villa is ideal for families, with plenty to see and do in the surrounding areas. Portiragnes is ideally situated for golfing breaks, touring, cycling, walking, birdwatching, horseriding, fishing and skiing in the French Pyrenees.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Portiragnes Plage, 4km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 200m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
Further details indoors:
* three large double bedrooms
* two separate bathrooms
* ceiling fans in all bedrooms, stand-alone fan in living area
* spacious dining room, seats 6. Table in kitchen seats 4.
* additional fridge/freezer in garage
* satellite and french tv
Further details outdoors:
* beach chairs, parasols, beach games provided
* beach towels not provided
* bicycles available - safe cycling along the Canal paths
* children's playground 60 yards
* enclosed Mediterranean garden, with herbs, plants and flowers
* front, side and rear terraces
* garden furniture and barbecue
* secure parking
* Linen and towels provided - but NOT beach towels
* Deposit 25% - final balance 8 weeks prior to arrival
* Refundable security bond
The Languedoc-Roussillon / Herault region
The Languedoc-Roussillon region is one of the most fascinating areas of Europe, bordering the Mediterranean Sea to the east and the Pyrenees Mountains to the south. It benefits from an exceptional climate (a "Mediterranean Climate") and has an unusually rich wildlife, a spectacular coast, and surprising history.
Places of interest within easy reach of Portiragnes include:
* Canal du Midi - Listed as a World Heritage Site. Book an excursion by boat from Portiragnes, Agde or Vias to Béziers. It is also a paradise for joggers, cyclists and walkers.
* Beziers - Herault's second largest town, with its 12th century cathedral. Vibrant in August during its famous feria.
* Cap d'Agde - A leading french seaside resort with marina, sandy beaches. Aqualand Water Park and Toonland are great fun for children and the young-at-heart.
* Pezenas - Home to numerous artists and craftsmen whose workshops are open to the public. Large market every Saturday.
* Haut Languedoc Regional Nature Park - landscape of stunning beauty, hillsides, vineyards and unspoilt medieval villages. It’s a land of gorges and rivers, hills, valleys and lakes. Famous for its up and coming wine making, with appellations such as St Chinian and Faugéres.
* Roquebrun - a picturesque village in Haut Languedoc on the river Orb. Visit its Mediterranean garden.
* Other places of historical interest - Carcassonne, Narbonne, Montpellier, Aigues-Mortes, Pont du Gard, Nimes, Avignon.
* Spanish border is just an hour's drive from the house - from there you can visit the resorts on the Costa Brava and Barcelona (approx 3 hour's drive).
The Portiragnes area
The old village of Portiragnes overlooks the famous Canal du Midi. On a hill, surrounded by vineyards, the village was originally built around its 12th century church. It has a typically french village atmosphere with several local wine producers, pétanque and colourful festivals.
* Excellent range of restaurants, bars and small shops - both in the village and at Portiragnes Plage
* Walking, cycling and bird-watching in the local nature reserves - just a few minutes from the villa
* Beach activities - volleyball, windsurfing, canoeing, sailing, aquaslide
* Horseriding, fishing, minigolf
* Portiragnes' music festival is held in June, the Feria in July, and the wine festival in October.
* Bull running in the village is great fun. This takes place in July/ August and during the Fete du Vin in October.
* Golf courses within 15 minutes' drive - Beziers (18 hole) and Cap d'Agde (9 & 18 hole).
* Family attractions include Europark, Aqualand, Sigean Nature Reserve
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Beziers-Cap d'Agde Airport - from Luton, Bristol, Manchester (Ryanair)
- from Southampton, Newcastle, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh (Flybe)
(only 10-minute drive to the accommodation)
Montpellier Airport - from Stansted, Birmingham, Leeds (Ryanair)
- from Gatwick (Easyjet)
- from international destinations worldwide
Nimes Airport - from East Midlands, Liverpool (Ryanair)
Carcassonne Airport - from Cork, Dublin, East Midlands, Stansted, Shannon (Ryanair)
Perpignan Airport - from Stansted (Ryanair), Birmingham & Southampton ((Flybe),
Toulouse Airport - from Gatwick and Bristol (Easyjet)
- from Birmingham (Flybe)
- from London Heathrow (BA)
Girona Airport - from London Gatwick (BA)
Portiragnes is a 10-minute drive from Exit Beziers Est (junction 35) on the A9.
Via Paris and Clermont-Ferrand, Portiragnes is approximately 700 miles from Calais on motorways.
All year round - EUROSTAR to Lille, then TGV to Beziers or Montpellier (with nearby car rentals and taxis available).
July to September only - EUROSTAR from London St Pancras International direct to Avignon (then TGV to Beziers or Montpellier.
Activities near Portiragnes
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
20 Aug 2012
Fantastic villa, Like a home away from home, But weather 100% better. Nice quite relaxing surroundings, with lovely beaches just a short drive away, which are also within walking distance. Places we recommend to visit on your stay are Valras Plage, Sete and Cap d agde. We will love to return one day.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low season||29 Sep 12||1 Jun 13||£ 450||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 540||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 625||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||31 Aug 13||28 Sep 13||£ 540||-||-||1 Week|
|Low season||28 Sep 13||26 Apr 14||£ 450||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
A deposit of 25% to secure booking
Refundable £150 security deposit required with final balance of paymentEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
Barbara and Duncan Green
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This villa has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday accommodation in France (11,685)